Someone educate me on this supposed E2 ratio

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nashtide

I've always aimed for a certain E2 number not a ratio of E2 to TT. Is this ratio real and is it the optimal formula for getting the E2 where we want it? I've always thought we want an E2 in the mid 20's. If I went by this ratio, my E2 would need to be much higher.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Starplex

Just my opinion, but I think the ratio becomes more important when both levels are higher. If an E2 number came back at 40 - 50 many would say it is too high and would recommend an AI, but with a higher T level > 1200 (and no real E symptoms), the ratio comes into play. I don't remember the actual recommended ratio, but I do recall seeing it on the form several times. You can try a search.

Vince

Super Moderator
Nelson is really the only one that I think I see on the ratio but he's also a high(er) Estrogen viewpoint and that it should be treated unless your symptomatic as opposed to a number on a test such as you're talking about. When I followed it I found my E was such that I was very symptomatic of high E...hot in bed onvernight, angry/irritable, back acne, I had quite a few problems with my E being 50/60/ as high as 88 at one point. But being low SHBG such that I am = high Free T which translate to high Free Estrogen too, so I kind of have a low tolerance to Estrogens.

Nashtide

My TT was 979 at last check. To be in the ratio of 14-20 I'd need an E2 of 48-68. That seems really high. Am I missing something?

Nashtide

Fixing on numbers on a test versus how you feel is what you may be missing.
Vince, I get that focusing on a number is not ideal, but we need to operate in a range. I have high blood pressure. I have no symptoms and feel the same whether my bp is high or normal but it's still critical to my health to keep my bp in the normal range. Same can be said about Hematocrit. Most don't feel high hematocrit but it's still important to chase a number. So, I believe there has to be a correct answer to the E2 question. There are certainly health issues associated with low or high E2.

Verdilo

In my case i would probably keep my e2 levels as high as possible, even out of range untill i got symptoms of high e2. High e2 (without bad symptoms) is beneficial for a men and can make him stronger, its some kind of positive anabolic effect which high e2 level can give you. Its only my point of view though.

Saul

I think it is theory and hopefully the subject of more research. As a starting point, why do we all assume that an E2 of 20 is correct? Because we read it somewhere and that is what the lab says? Always question the initial assumptions. How does the lab set this range? Who is being tested? The only time you get tested for E2 is if something is not right and so maybe the ideal range is off? I never got tested for E2 until I had low T and since I had low T maybe the E2 would likewise be low. Is that how they set the range, based on a tests of a bunch of low T or old guys? Also, I would be interested to know what the e2 levels for some young healthy guys with naturally high T levels. Is there E2 also high suggesting a ratio? Or, do young guys with high T levels have an E2 of 20?

What I can't figure out is why aren't you guys measuring prolactin when you decide to run high E2?
Its prolactin that gives you hyperprolactinemia and in time man boobs.
High E2 just makes you cry alot and gives you strong bones. Been there done that...

Nashtide

I think it is theory and hopefully the subject of more research. As a starting point, why do we all assume that an E2 of 20 is correct? Because we read it somewhere and that is what the lab says? Always question the initial assumptions. How does the lab set this range? Who is being tested? The only time you get tested for E2 is if something is not right and so maybe the ideal range is off? I never got tested for E2 until I had low T and since I had low T maybe the E2 would likewise be low. Is that how they set the range, based on a tests of a bunch of low T or old guys? Also, I would be interested to know what the e2 levels for some young healthy guys with naturally high T levels. Is there E2 also high suggesting a ratio? Or, do young guys with high T levels have an E2 of 20?
Much of the information we have is anecdotal. I first heard about keeping your E2 in the mid 20's on another forum from guys with years of experience.

I've seen a lot of folks swear they don't do well with high e2.. on other side I always felt alright on higher e2 levels had only minor symptoms.. from my experience you would do better keeping e2 on higher side never use too much aromatase inhibiotr and never crash your e2 because it will make you feel much worse then any high e2. higher e2 may be beneficial for lipids, bone density, and some others

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me