SHBG Low, Confusing Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smith

Hello guys. I need some help with my bloodwork . I've been on TRT for 5 months. My latest results are the following:
TT 14 (3-12)
FT 22,4 (8-54)
E2 81 (20-71)
DHT 850 (250-990)
SHGB 21,5 (20-64)

I'm on 180 mg per week split into two injections. I did the test 36 hours after my 90 mg injection. My doc told me to lower my dose to 140 per week and put me on arimidex (1 pill split in two doses).
I've put on a lot of muscle, lost bodyfat and I am 200 pounds 10%bf. My libido is much better since I started. I've been reading a lot about the problems that may come with low SHGB. I still feel fine but I fear that TRT might stop working if my SHGB decreases further. Is there something i can do to keep it stable?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. SHBG is notoriously difficult to influence. It is simply a factor that has to be considered in the overall approach to your protocol. In short, don't fret too much about it. Low SHBG can be dealt with by scheduling smaller, more frequent injections. You are already injecting twice weekly and feeling good. If you find that you clear your testosterone dose too quickly - due to your SHBG levels - another schedule adjustment should help. I have low SHBG and inject 16mg every day, no AI. It can be handled.

Smith

Thanks for the help man, also I forgot to mention that my T3 is kinda low. The test showed T3:1,1 (0,8-2) but my doc said I am ok for now. Is it possible that it affects my SHGB?

CoastWatcher

Thanks for the help man, also I forgot to mention that my T3 is kinda low. The test showed T3:1,1 (0,8-2) but my doc said I am ok for now. Is it possible that it affects my SHGB?

Have you a full thyroid panel? TSH, T3, T4, RT3, antibodies? Thyroid is critical for so many reasons, but I hope you can relax in regard to your SHBG. You wrote that you are afraid your TRT protocol will "stop working" due to low SHBG. Adjustments can be made.

Smith

I forgot to post these
T3 1,1 (0,8-2)
T4 7 (4,5-12)
FT3 3,3 (2,5-5,8)
FT4 15 (11,5-23)
Anti TPO 4 (<20)
TSH 2,12 (0,15-4,5)
ACTH 24,8 (7,2-63,6)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors