SHBG High

Buy Lab Tests Online

sr101

Hello,

I wounder if anyone can offer any advice, I am 46 years old and seem to have a lot of symptoms that relate to low testosterone, is there anything to worry about in my lab tests? I see SHBG levels are high is this something to be concerned about?

Albumin levels are 45 g/L, so total free test is looking like 0.245 nmol/L = 1.35 % and Bioavailable Testosterone is 5.99 nmol/L = 33.1 %.

Testosterone 18.10 nmol/L
Luteinizing Hormone 4.7 IU/L
DHEA-S 5.90 umol/L
Oestradiol 78 pmol/L
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) 62 nmol/L
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) 3.3 IU/L
Prolactin 134 mIU/L
Vitamin B12 123 pmol/L

thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

so total free test is looking like 0.245 nmol/L = 1.35 % and Bioavailable Testosterone is 5.99 nmol/L = 33.1 %.
Your free testosterone is low. 2-3% free testosterone is normal. You’re just above the cut off level. The normal ranges are poorly established, and have nothing to do with quality of life.

Many experts argue that free testosterone in the bottom 25 percentile is a sign of hypogonadism.
I see SHBG levels are high is this something to be concerned about?
Androgens, testosterone suppresses SHBG, so it’s not uncommon to see high SHBG alongside low free testosterone. The first things that happens when a man goes on TRT is the SHBG goes down.

sr101

Thanks alot for your reply, I thought it was low and just above the cut off point so would explain why I am seeing many of the low T symptoms. I will ask the doctor to refer me to discuss this further.

Systemlord

Thanks alot for your reply, I thought it was low and just above the cut off point so would explain why I am seeing many of the low T symptoms. I will ask the doctor to refer me to discuss this further.
I wouldn’t expect much from your doctor or your medical system, sex hormones is a field of medicine many doctors just don’t understand.

Men have different types of androgen receptors and sensitivities at those receptors, different receptor density, as well as the abilities for tissues to respond.

Everyone has their own normal range, but doctors treat everyone exactly the same.

I fully expect your doctor to look at you like a deer in headlights if you try to explain any of this to him.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me