Severe Diastasis Recti + multiple hernias confirmed

Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

Update:

I've come a long way since my initial post when I had no clue what was going on with my abdomen. Thanks to BigTex for calling it out at the get go.

I finally found my answers and hopefully the expert surgeon to correct these defects. I didn't want to report back until I had my findings and a course of action

Prior to this discovery, I had noticed for at least the last 2 years a vertical “torpedo-like” protrusion down the center of my abdomen during any movement that engaged the abdominal muscles. I had no pain and didn't think much of it until I started to look like I was 6 mos. pregnant despite my being in decent shape. Little did I know that I was a victim of Diastasis Recti (DR).

As BigTex previously pointed out in this an old photo of me in the original thread,

1693643312436.png

there's already visible separation of the linea alba at the top midline in which you can see a slight diamond-shaped depression starting to form. That photo was taken 9 years ago.

My recent abdominal CT scan not only showed severe DR and umbilical hernia, but undiagnosed (until now) bilateral inguinal hernias which the surgeon said is likely congenital and sets the stage for problems later in life and like the DR, starts as an anatomic defect during fetal development, then gets worse over time from chronically elevated intra-abdominal pressure. This surgeon would use non-mesh laparoscopic surgery for the DR & umbilical hernia repair and robotic surgery with mesh for the bilateral inguinal herb repair. Although I do not have any symptoms associated with the inguinal hernias, the surgeon felt it best to repair those now to prevent any problems down the road.

Bottom line: at this point, it appears that it's too late to reverse the separation using exercise as I had initially hoped, as the damage is done, so surgery is my only option to repair the abdominal separation and resulting hernias. In fact, many of the core exercises I was doing up to this March may even added to the separation. I will no dount need very specific and safe physiotherapy movements to do post-op though.

I will have to have the inguinal hernia procedure done first and then wait long enough for that to heal before doing the DR and umbilical hernia repair.

The only symptom that I believe is correlated is chronic pain associated with the L4-L5 discs from any movement that loads the spine. One of the discs touch the right 2nd nerve and bone spurs touch the right 5th nerve. Due to a lack of deep core strength, I either hyperextend or flex and won't feel chronic lumbar pain until the next day and week thereafter. I feel fine during the movement. It has tricked me too many times.

The good news: according to the surgeon, I have strong abdominal muscle tone, although separated, but am still fairly young enough to allow proper healing. No doubt will be doubling down on my healing peptides across-the-board.

Appreciate any and all input especially from those who have experienced similar issues.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mcs

Update: Surgeon says I will first need to address the intra-abdominal visceral fat. If I do not, the repairs will be under a tremendous amount of pressure and subsequently will likely fail, leaving me right back where I started.

What I again can’t figure out is how it’s possible I have have so much visceral fat with my strict LCHF diet and training all these years.

Tesamorelin directly targets VAT, but the dose (2mg/day) it will probably take to move the needle down brings on unwanted side effects (i.e. joint pain in fingers, carpal tunnel, higher glucose readings).

Thoughts?

HSLD

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also have an umbilical hernia that needs to be surgically repaired. I hope I don’t have the other issue you mentioned but sometimes I suspect something is off around the vertical center line of my abdomen…

Interesting to hear the comments about losing visceral abdominal fat. In that photo, you look pretty lean. Do you still look like that?

Also, out of curiosity, do you drink alcohol? If so, in what form (beer, wine, etc), how much, and how often?

mcs

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also have an umbilical hernia that needs to be surgically repaired. I hope I don’t have the other issue you mentioned but sometimes I suspect something is off around the vertical center line of my abdomen…

Interesting to hear the comments about losing visceral abdominal fat. In that photo, you look pretty lean. Do you still look like that?

Also, out of curiosity, do you drink alcohol? If so, in what form (beer, wine, etc), how much, and how often?
The fact you have an umbilical hernia indicates that there is some sort of intra-abdominal pressure causing that to happen.

That is a 2015 photo before all this started but shows the beginning of possible DR where that diamond indentation is. I am about 20lbs heavier now and with severe DR (click the link in my post above).

Have not touched any alcohol since 1980.

HSLD

Interesting. And concerning.

Like you, I’m very fit and train every day. I do enjoy beer socially, and though far from having a gut, I’ve suspected that if I had any fat to lose, that would be the first thing to consider.

This seems to be a sleepy corner of this forum but I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if others chime in and would appreciate you sharing anything you might learn along the way.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me