Resistance Exercise Can Increase Liver Enzymes

Buy Lab Tests Online

maxadvance

True story, I had to check because I've really wrecked myself the past two weeks and am curious as to what this mornings blood tests will reveal

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

What is already known about this subject

The occurrence of idiosyncratic drug hepatotoxicity is a major problem in all phases of clinical drug development and the leading cause of postmarketing warnings and withdrawals.
Physical exercise can result in transient elevations of liver function tests.
There is no consensus in the literature on which forms of exercise may cause changes in liver function tests and to what extent.

What this study adds

Weightlifting results in profound increases in liver function tests in healthy men used to moderate physical activity, not including weightlifting.
Liver function tests are significantly increased for at least 7 days after weightlifting.
It is important to impose relevant restrictions on heavy muscular exercise prior to and during clinical studies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bako

Good info. That explains alot. My liver values are not great, but I stay sore from the gym 24/7. At least one part of my body is sore from lifting at all times. My workout buddy is my 16yo son. I'm 49 and we work hard. It's fun to show him the old man can still get after it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Maxadvance: You win the best paper find award this month.

Look at the graphs! Wow

AST effect of exercise

ast exercise.jpg

ALT effect of exercise

alt exercise.jpg

BigTex

My primary care physician and my cardiologist both freaked out when they saw my elevated AST and ALT levels. I training pretty heavy 5 days a week. Did legs before testing last time

They did the same with creatinine levels. I eat about 2g of protein per lb of body weight + creatine supplements.

BigTex

I saw that and glad you brought that up. I am on a couple of private boards with lots of bodybuilders and they are big in doing blood work. This same issue come up over and over and I tell them to get the two same tests.

My doctor was actually going to schedule me for kidney testing. I put the breaks on that and showed him how my creatinine levels actually got normal when I dropped the dietary protein levels and cut the creatine a week before testing.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
My doctor was actually going to schedule me for kidney testing. I put the breaks on that and showed him how my creatinine levels actually got normal when I dropped the dietary protein levels and cut the creatine a week before testing.
Good for you. Most guys would not know this.

BigTex

Surprisingly enough, many doctors do not know this either. Most are not use to dealing with people who are very active. But I have never dealt with one that was not open to learn something new.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me