Questions about hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online

themedulla

I'm a 52yo male 6'3" 215 lbs. I have thyroid panels running back to 2009. Since that time I have been testing mostly with TSH in the 3-4.5 range. I might have a blip where I test with 2.5. My primary care insists they are all in the normal range so he is not inclined to treat. My energy levels are generally pretty poor. They are better now that I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine, but still not great.

I am dealing with symptoms that seem to be a better fit for TRT, but I'm curious about getting thyroid treatment. One of my questions has to do with trying replacement therapy. I guess I don't understand if this is something you can try, or once you start taking thyroid medications you shut down your natural production (permanently?).

Other than the lack of energy, I can't make gains in the gym. Even 10 years ago I could make gains pretty easily if I was consistent at the gym and took in enough protein. My libido has completely disappeared. Irritability? Check.

I just got some labs done from a TRT clinic. For whatever reason they did not order a free testosterone lab, only a total. I'm not even sure what the value of a total testosterone lab result is given that it is the free test that matters and the two aren't necessarily correlated. Anyway, my total test is actually pretty reasonable for a 52yo (750 total). Some of the other numbers make me wonder if I don't have something else going on so I'm again wondering if I should seek treatment for what is at the very least suboptimal thyroid function (and maybe clinical). What are the pros and cons of giving it a shot?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching