Question about switching brands of testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

thething313

So I figured I would just write a quick post to see if others have had a similar experience or if I am experiencing something abnormal.

I have been stable on a protocol that has been working OK for maybe about a year now. It has been just that, ok. I have been using testosterone compounded by empower pharmacy for the duration of this protocol. My protocol consists of daily injections. On my recent refill (which I received and started two days ago) I decided I would try out name brand testosterone, truthfully just to see if there would be any difference.

Since starting the brand testosterone (again two days ago), it feels as though I have totally stopped taking T. Basically my question is, for anyone who has switched between brand and compounded (or even between compounded brands) is it typical/normal to have some sort of lag time between stopping one brand and starting another where T drops off before stable blood levels are achieved again? My thought is maybe the change in carrier oil could effect the rate of absorption, resulting in this drastic drop off I am feeling. Although, I don't know if thats plausible and if something else is at play. Just feeling pretty awful right now so I am hoping to hear others experience in similar situations. Thanks in advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
When I started reading your thread, I also wondered about what type of oil. Over my 3 + years of trt, I've only use grapeseed oil. I would guess that you are now using cottonseed oil.

thething313

When I started reading your thread, I also wondered about what type of oil. Over my 3 + years of trt, I've only use grapeseed oil. I would guess that you are now using cottonseed oil.
That was the only logical thing I could come up with to attempt to explain what I'm currently going through. I too have previously only been on GSO with 1% benzyl alcohol (preservative). The oil that the brand testosterone is suspended in is Sesame oil w/ 0.5% chlorobutanol (preservative)

thething313

Update/shameless bump. I've been on trt for some time now (and have come off before), with enough experience in it to know what stopping T feels like. I must say I'm a bit worried at this point because it feels like I am fully coming off testosterone. I've wanted to chalk this up to the difference in carrier oil (as the ester did not change), but I currently feel so bad that this explanation is losing validity in my mind. Just to add to the background, it should be noted that this brand name T also came from a compounding pharmacy, although it's a different one than is typically my preference. Just again want to put this up there to see if anyone else has gone through something similar!

Update/shameless bump. I've been on trt for some time now (and have come off before), with enough experience in it to know what stopping T feels like. I must say I'm a bit worried at this point because it feels like I am fully coming off testosterone. I've wanted to chalk this up to the difference in carrier oil (as the ester did not change), but I currently feel so bad that this explanation is losing validity in my mind. Just to add to the background, it should be noted that this brand name T also came from a compounding pharmacy, although it's a different one than is typically my preference. Just again want to put this up there to see if anyone else has gone through something similar!

My Tcyp has come from APS, Empower and Hal. All have been grapeseed oil. They have all felt the same. Send your bottle back and ask for a replacement with different oil.

S1W

What brand did you switch to? This is interesting to me because if anything I would think that T Cyp from the big names would be more, not less potent compared to compounded T Cyp.

Very interested in this as I’ve considered trying the same thing.

There have to be other guys out there that have used brand name and compounded cyp who can chime in with their thoughts/experiences.

thething313

My Tcyp has come from APS, Empower and Hal. All have been grapeseed oil. They have all felt the same. Send your bottle back and ask for a replacement with different oil.

As simple as it sounds, thank you for posting this. I didn't know this would be an option and expected to just be SOL. Still working to get it resolved, but hopefully ill have a resolution by tomorrow!

What brand did you switch to? This is interesting to me because if anything I would think that T Cyp from the big names would be more, not less potent compared to compounded T Cyp.

Very interested in this as I've considered trying the same thing.

There have to be other guys out there that have used brand name and compounded cyp who can chime in with their thoughts/experiences.

The brand is Watson. Truthfully, that is exactly what I expected, so to say I'm surprised by my current situation would be an understatement. I'm not sure if I am personally just having a bad/abnormal reaction or if maybe there was an issue with the batch? Not sure I will ever get the real answer to this question though unfortunately.

S1W

As simple as it sounds, thank you for posting this. I didn't know this would be an option and expected to just be SOL. Still working to get it resolved, but hopefully ill have a resolution by tomorrow!

The brand is Watson. Truthfully, that is exactly what I expected, so to say I'm surprised by my current situation would be an understatement. I'm not sure if I am personally just having a bad/abnormal reaction or if maybe there was an issue with the batch? Not sure I will ever get the real answer to this question thoughew unfortunately.

If I recall you only made the switch a few days ago? My only guess is that maybe the carrier oil effects the release rate. I know when I lowered my dose just a little I definitely felt it for a few weeks.

I’ve got a refill coming up and was planning to try Depo this time around. Your post is causing me to second guess this...maybe I should just stick with the compounded stuff.

thething313

If I recall you only made the switch a few days ago? My only guess is that maybe the carrier oil effects the release rate. I know when I lowered my dose just a little I definitely felt it for a few weeks.

I've got a refill coming up and was planning to try Depo this time around. Your post is causing me to second guess this...maybe I should just stick with the compounded stuff.

First off let me say, that while I understand your apprehension after reading my post, don't let it stop you from doing what is best for you. The reason I posted this is because I couldn't find other threads with people experiencing issues similar to mine. I assume what is happening is either a strange reaction on my part, or maybe a bad batch? I have no doubts about how I feel after switching, but I have no idea why it may be happening at this point.

I think I was in a similar boat as you; upcoming refill, not 100% happy with how I've felt (although I will say I'm probably better now, or was better, than I have been at any point thus far on trt). My thinking was that while they are hypothetically they are identical (minus the carrier oil), maybe there would be some benefit in the name brand version. Obviously in this instance it just hasn't worked out for me.

Truthfully, I'd really like to try a different bottle of brand name, of a different batch and possibly from a different pharmacy, just to see what happens. However, with how T is scheduled etc. I don't think that will be in the cards and I'll prob just stick with the compounded.

Fortunate

First off let me say, that while I understand your apprehension after reading my post, don't let it stop you from doing what is best for you. The reason I posted this is because I couldn't find other threads with people experiencing issues similar to mine. I assume what is happening is either a strange reaction on my part, or maybe a bad batch? I have no doubts about how I feel after switching, but I have no idea why it may be happening at this point.

I think I was in a similar boat as you; upcoming refill, not 100% happy with how I've felt (although I will say I'm probably better now, or was better, than I have been at any point thus far on trt). My thinking was that while they are hypothetically they are identical (minus the carrier oil), maybe there would be some benefit in the name brand version. Obviously in this instance it just hasn't worked out for me.

Truthfully, I'd really like to try a different bottle of brand name, of a different batch and possibly from a different pharmacy, just to see what happens. However, with how T is scheduled etc. I don't think that will be in the cards and I'll prob just stick with the compounded.
My guess is that the OP is no longer around, but if you are here, did you ever get this figured out? I am asking because I am starting to suspect that I react to chlorobutanol, an ingredient that was in the suboptimal vial of testosterone you mentioned above.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me