Pregnenolone 101: What You Need to Know About this Precursor Hormone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

newuser

How many mg do u use? tried low and high dosages, anything over 10mg is too stimulating 5mg is my sweet spot

Where do u apply it?
tried scrotal and navel but it was too strong, wrist, arm bent or forehead works the the best

What time of day do u apply it? once i wake up first thing in the morning, applying at night or afternoon cause poor sleep and tossing in bed

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

The study used 400 mg (one dose)​

Drug Administration​

Study drug (pregnenolone) and matching placebo identical in appearance were obtained from Belmar Pharmacy (Lakewood, CO), which provided certificates of analysis. Participants were randomly assigned to receive a single oral dose of 400 mg pregnenolone (n=16), or placebo (n=15). Participants and investigators were blind to condition. Pregnenolone was administered as a precursor loading strategy to significantly increase downstream allopregnanolone levels. Pregnenolone is lipophilic and readily crosses the blood brain barrier. We have previously found that pregnenolone is preferentially metabolized to allopregnanolone, rather than other compounds such as cortisol or DHEA (43, 44); however these metabolites were also assayed. Allopregnanolone serum levels have been reported to triple two hours after oral administration of 400 mg pregnenolone (45). Thus, drug administration occurred two hours before neuroimaging to ensure elevated levels during the scan.

Results​

Compared to placebo, allopregnanolone was associated with reduced activity in the amygdala and insula across all conditions. During the appraisal condition, allopregnanolone increased activity in the dorsal medial prefrontal cortex and enhanced connectivity between the amygdala and dorsal medial prefrontal cortex, an effect that was associated with reduced self-reported anxiety.

Conclusions​

These results demonstrate that in response to emotional stimuli, allopregnanolone reduces activity in regions associated with generation of negative emotion. Furthermore, allopregnanolone may enhance activity in regions linked to regulatory processes. Aberrant activity in these regions has been linked to anxiety psychopathology. These results thus provide initial neuroimaging evidence that allopregnanolone may be a target for pharmacological intervention in the treatment of anxiety disorders, and suggest potential future directions for research into neurosteroid effects on emotion regulation neurocircuitry.

Allopregnanolone Elevations Following Pregnenolone Administration are Associated with Enhanced Activation of Emotion Regulation Neurocircuits

Gianluca

The study used 400 mg (one dose)​

Drug Administration​

Study drug (pregnenolone) and matching placebo identical in appearance were obtained from Belmar Pharmacy (Lakewood, CO), which provided certificates of analysis. Participants were randomly assigned to receive a single oral dose of 400 mg pregnenolone (n=16), or placebo (n=15). Participants and investigators were blind to condition. Pregnenolone was administered as a precursor loading strategy to significantly increase downstream allopregnanolone levels. Pregnenolone is lipophilic and readily crosses the blood brain barrier. We have previously found that pregnenolone is preferentially metabolized to allopregnanolone, rather than other compounds such as cortisol or DHEA (43, 44); however these metabolites were also assayed. Allopregnanolone serum levels have been reported to triple two hours after oral administration of 400 mg pregnenolone (45). Thus, drug administration occurred two hours before neuroimaging to ensure elevated levels during the scan.

Results​

Compared to placebo, allopregnanolone was associated with reduced activity in the amygdala and insula across all conditions. During the appraisal condition, allopregnanolone increased activity in the dorsal medial prefrontal cortex and enhanced connectivity between the amygdala and dorsal medial prefrontal cortex, an effect that was associated with reduced self-reported anxiety.

Conclusions​

These results demonstrate that in response to emotional stimuli, allopregnanolone reduces activity in regions associated with generation of negative emotion. Furthermore, allopregnanolone may enhance activity in regions linked to regulatory processes. Aberrant activity in these regions has been linked to anxiety psychopathology. These results thus provide initial neuroimaging evidence that allopregnanolone may be a target for pharmacological intervention in the treatment of anxiety disorders, and suggest potential future directions for research into neurosteroid effects on emotion regulation neurocircuitry.

Allopregnanolone Elevations Following Pregnenolone Administration are Associated with Enhanced Activation of Emotion Regulation Neurocircuits

I wanted to comment on dosing and Allopregnenolone conversion based on my anecdotal.

Whether I used 50mg, 100mg, 150mg or even 50mg twice per day, my Progesterone level always came back the same, therefore I believe Allopregnenolone conversion/level was also the same even with different Pregnenolone doses. Possibly, taking more Pregnenolone will go in favor of only Pregnenolone.

I'd like to hear other anecdotal on this.

Anonymon

I wanted to comment on dosing and Allopregnenolone conversion based on my anecdotal.

Whether I used 50mg, 100mg, 150mg or even 50mg twice per day, my Progesterone level always came back the same, therefore I believe Allopregnenolone conversion/level was also the same even with different Pregnenolone doses. Possibly, taking more Pregnenolone will go in favor of only Pregnenolone.

I'd like to hear other anecdotal on this.
I take 400mg of pregnenolone in the morning from Double Wood, having tried many. I always feel different on it in a dose dependent manner, 400 being a cut off point for what I’m willing to spend. Based on how it reacts and changes with other things I take, my main benefit would appear to be downstream in it having a dose dependent increase in dopamine response to stimuli, which they found in one study. Other side effects include increased water retention.

On blood tests, I didn’t notice more cortisol or pregnenolone numbers going up much. Preg went up about the same at any dose, having a low upper limit to that, suggesting oral ingestion favors conversion and not circulated storage of it.

I came into this with PFS, which has been noted to have decreased allopregnenolone levels due to lesser 5AR to make the necessary conversions.

Gianluca

I take 400mg of pregnenolone in the morning from Double Wood, having tried many. I always feel different on it in a dose dependent manner, 400 being a cut off point for what I’m willing to spend. Based on how it reacts and changes with other things I take, my main benefit would appear to be downstream in it having a dose dependent increase in dopamine response to stimuli, which they found in one study. Other side effects include increased water retention.

On blood tests, I didn’t notice more cortisol or pregnenolone numbers going up much. Preg went up about the same at any dose, having a low upper limit to that, suggesting oral ingestion favors conversion and not circulated storage of it.

I came into this with PFS, which has been noted to have decreased allopregnenolone levels due to lesser 5AR to make the necessary conversions.
If you wanted to try to bump Allopregn, Progesterone cream on scrotum would be one of the best strategy

I did notice when I went from 100mg Pregn cap to 150, Pregn level remain about the same.

Anonymon

If you wanted to try to bump Allopregn, Progesterone cream on scrotum would be one of the best strategy

I did notice when I went from 100mg Pregn cap to 150, Pregn level remain about the same.
I might try that again. Last time I tried it, it mostly made me irritable. Trying it elsewhere was mildly calming.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me