Pregnenelone Recommendations

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I've been reading that it's generally a good idea for men on TRT to supplement Pregnenelone. My latest labs included Pregnenelone because I was interested to see what it was at. Came back at 33 ng/dl - no reference range. Other threads on here mention 180 ng/dl being optimal, so my result looks to be very low and I'd like to do something about that. Any recommendations on a good supplement?

I already supplement DHEA with sublingual troches. 25mg twice a day and my DHEA went from 216 to 471 ug/dl.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Yes, I am using HCG. Was initially at 100 iu per day, but for the past few weeks I have switched to 350 iu twice a week. I've noticed an improvement with the higher, less frequent doses. I can't try anything higher or I will run out before I talk to Dr. Saya at the end of the month. I really want to improve my libido and energy levels. Whenever I switch up something, they subjectively improve for a couple of weeks but then go back down.

I also take:
T-Cypionate injections 70 mg twice a week
Anastrozole/DIM 0.5 mg/200 mg capsule with each injection
DHEA troches 25 mg twice a day
B-12 1000 mcg injections twice a week
D3 5000 iu orally daily
Zinc/Copper 15 mg/1 mg orally daily

Results from 3 weeks ago:
Total T 767 nd/dl
Free T 161 pg/ml
DHT 38 ng/dl
Estradiol, LC/MS 21.2 pg/ml
DHEA-S 471.2 ug/dl
SHBG 21.9 nmol/l
Pregnenelone, MS 33 ng/dl
Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy 45 ng/dl

ERO

DHT is critical for libido. Perhaps ask Dr. Saya about adding a daily small amount of topical T to the scrotum as that is a proven way to raise DHT levels. At least one other member here is doing that now and I am going to ask for it at my next consult as well.

DHT is critical for libido. Perhaps ask Dr. Saya about adding a daily small amount of topical T to the scrotum as that is a proven way to raise DHT levels. At least one other member here is doing that now and I am going to ask for it at my next consult as well.

That's me...definitely works, my tested DHT has been as high as 130 (16-79) about 2 hours post application, it's a daily use cream.

CoastWatcher

That's me...definitely works, my tested DHT has been as high as 130 (16-79) about 2 hours post application, it's a daily use cream.

Should you follow ERO and Vince Carter's example, be sure to monitor prostate values and keep an eye on your hair, if that is a concern. Of course, Dr. Saya won't steer you wrong.

Vince

Super Moderator
Not everyone needs higher DHT. Ranges for Pregnenolone 23-173 ng/dl. Life Extensions recommend levels of 180 ng/dl for men and 200 ng/dl for women as being optimal.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Sounds I could maybe benefit from supplementing Pregnenelone then since I'm near the bottom of that range. I ordered some 50 mg caps from Life Extension on Amazon.

So, interesting on the DHT. I will first say that I've definitely had libido and energy problems for some time before what I'm about to say next.

I started using Nizoral (1%) a few weeks ago as a body wash specifically because Ketoconazole lowers DHT. I have had really bad acne in the past on my back, shoulders, and upper arms and also oily skin. Overall body hair has increased somewhat, but the hair on my head has thinned a little at the same time. My Estradiol results are pretty much as good as one could hope for right now being in the low 20's, and I no longer feel the symptoms of it being high. So that leaves high (for me) DHT as the cause of the acne and oily skin and hair. Either that, or I'm overly sensitive to it. I know that I start seeing estrogen-related symptoms if my Estradiol climbs toward 30.

Being an analytical person, I thought I would have had this figured out by now, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me