Post meal chronic fatigue

Buy Lab Tests Online

RotnGun

Just like a lot of people, I do get chronic fatigue approx 1 to 2 hours after my third or fourth meal of the day:(. (I normally have 4 small meals a day). Most of the time, the chronic fatigue comes in a form of a sleeping attack for me.
Does this type of thing happen to anybody else hear?
If so, how do you deal with it? I mean, is there any particular supplements or vitamins/minerals that can mitigate or eliminate post meal chronic fatigue?
Or is there any medication that can eliminate post meal chronic fatigue (other than ritalin or dexidrine)?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Just like a lot of people, I do get chronic fatigue approx 1 to 2 hours after my third or fourth meal of the day:(. (I normally have 4 small meals a day). Most of the time, the chronic fatigue comes in a form of a sleeping attack for me.
If so, how do you deal with it? I mean, is there any particular supplements or vitamins/minerals that can mitigate or eliminate post meal chronic fatigue?
Or is there any medication that can eliminate post meal chronic fatigue (other than ritalin or dexidrine)?
I used to get this alot when I ate higher carbs and especially wheat does this to me every time. Try eating some fatty meat (alone, no sides) instead of whatever you normally eat for the third/fourth meal and I bet you skip the sleepy time.

Systemlord

I do get chronic fatigue approx 1 to 2 hours after my third or fourth meal of the day:(. (I normally have 4 small meals a day). Most of the time, the chronic fatigue comes in a form of a sleeping attack for me.
Are you a type 2 diabetic?

BigTex

I used to get this alot when I ate higher carbs and especially wheat does this to me every time. Try eating some fatty meat (alone, no sides) instead of whatever you normally eat for the third/fourth meal and I bet you skip the sleepy time.
The 4th meal I eat is after I get back from the gym.

calories - 989
Carbs - 145g
pro - 62g
fat - 16g

After about 1 hour after eating I get very tired and sometimes have to sleep for 10-15 minutes. What is it....exercise, carbs post-exercise causing insulin to rise quickly leading to a non-diabetic hyperglycemia, plus the caffeine that I drank pre-exercise is wearing off. So I crash. I need the carbs and protein after training.

We know very little about @RotnGun except how many meals he eats. I could be the amount of carbs in the last meal, it could be you are not getting enough restorative sleep, perhaps it is a sedentary life style, it could be age, could be you are eating food high in tryptophan. So eliminating any simple carbs could help, maybe just drinking a cup of coffee or tea could help. Lots of time a 15 minute nap works wonders.

When we digest food, blood flow is diverted from other parts of the body to the digestive organs to support the breakdown and absorption of food. Depending on the size of the meal this process can lead to a temporary decrease in oxygen and energy levels to the rest of the body, making you feel especially tired.

RotnGun

most likely you do eat shit. try something like pure red meat diet for ex. your fatigue will virtually disappear
Well, my last two meals of the day have to be eaten at work, just because I have a later afternoon shift. So I unfortunately sometimes have to buy these frozen meal compilations at the grocery store and heat then up in the microwave. I normally go with the healthy variety. Other times, I will buy real pre cooked sliced chicken at the deli department at the grocery store and make a chicken sandwich with whole grain bread and with either low fat mayonnaise or just mustard. For fluids, I always drink diet drinks, water and fat free milk

RotnGun

Are you a type 2 diabetic?
No. This this is my last test done below on my blood sugar levels with Lifelabs. Do these seem to be adequately in proper range to you?

Glucose fasting - 4.9 mmol/L (3.3 - 5.5 mmoL)
Insulin fasting - 101 pmol/L (20 - 180 pmol/L)
A1C - 5.6 (4.5 - 5.9)

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Postprandial reactive hypoglycemia, which is a condition of low blood sugar occurring 2-5 hours after eating, can also be a potential cause of post-meal fatigue
.This condition is characterized by a drop in blood sugar levels after a meal, often within four hours of eating
. It can be associated with conditions such as diabetes or prediabetes.

Have you got your A1c and glucose tolerance tested ?

t_spacemonkey

Well, my last two meals of the day have to be eaten at work, just because I have a later afternoon shift. So I unfortunately sometimes have to buy these frozen meal compilations at the grocery store and heat then up in the microwave. I normally go with the healthy variety. Other times, I will buy real pre cooked sliced chicken at the deli department at the grocery store and make a chicken sandwich with whole grain bread and with either low fat mayonnaise or just mustard. For fluids, I always drink diet drinks, water and fat free milk
yeah....sounds pretty much like poison lol
I'd cut all of this TBH. except the water. what some people do is grill some beef patties and bring them along for ex. you really need to adjust your eating completely. i'd research and listen to guys like Paul Saladino. some people hate him but that way of eating turned the corner for me

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
When I used to eat like this, I would be cognitively impaired for large chunks of the day. I'm talking about brain fog, unable to focus, the "sleep attacks" you described, basically useless for productive work. Like spacemonkey says, try the experiment of just eating 1/2 lb to 1 lb of burger patties or any other type of fatty meat. It is 180 degrees opposite of what you are currently eating or have probably ever eaten, which means it will be a very instructive experience for you.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm presently eating two meals a day, a low carb breakfast and a low carb supper. It's working great for me. My energy level is high throughout the day and having no issues with anything else.

I do get hungry but as long as I'm active it doesn't bother me too much.

Guided_by_Voices

Several warning signs here...diet drinks spike insulin without corresponding carbs which can cause low blood sugar. Bread has flour which is an a-cellular carb which also creates a very uneven energy flow since is absorbed very rapidly. There are a lot of options such as what others have described, but also canned sardines and oysters, quality beef sticks, and others. Fat free milk is also basically high sugar. Wheat/bread can also have other compounds which sap energy, although I'm forgetting which ones at the moment, but a high-risk food for most people.

RotnGun

Postprandial reactive hypoglycemia, which is a condition of low blood sugar occurring 2-5 hours after eating, can also be a potential cause of post-meal fatigue
.This condition is characterized by a drop in blood sugar levels after a meal, often within four hours of eating
. It can be associated with conditions such as diabetes or prediabetes.

Have you got your A1c and glucose tolerance tested ?
Last time I got my A1C tested it was 5.6
Is a glucose tolerance test the same thing as a glucose fasting test?

sammmy

I've had isolated episodes of post-meal hypoglycemia and it was making me hungry and nervous with shaking hands, not sleepy. Your symptoms do not match that, but if you want to test for that condition, get a blood glucose meter and measure your blood glucose 2-3 hours after meal.

I used to have "head pressures" i.e. weird expanding headaches, shortness of breath, severe sleepiness and feeling like zombie 2-3 hours after every meal. The first thing that really helped was digestive enzymes with meals - I had a digestive infection which was causing the pancreas to not release digestive enzymes. Enzymes is the first thing I would try in your case. You can test stool Elastase for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (low enzymes).

The second thing - check yourself for digestive infections like H. Pylori. Try to eat more natural yogurt to balance the good bacteria to displace and suppress the bad ones. If you really have some digestive infection, you will need to find what kind and take the corresponding antibiotics.

sammmy

Another thing to check is your blood pressure after meals when you feel worse. If it drops significantly, this is called post-prandial hypotension. It is a sign that the nervous system is damaged (dysautonomia) and cannot control the blood pressure well. Or it could be happening because you have intolerance to some foods.

Many people have this drop of blood pressure after meal to a small degree. The reduced blood supply to the brain after meal makes them sleepy.

jayt

yep it happens to me whenever I eat heavy carbs, particularly if I have done a good gym workout. My solution is no carbs, all protein and then maybe in the early evening..7 or so do some carbs to sleep like a baby

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me