Peptides for arthritis?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

testiculus

A little more info on sprifermin. It is also known as FGF18. From a US lab supplier it is $3240/mg. So costs are not unreasonable for 100 ug dose every 6 months per joint. I don't know if it is available from any of the Chinese suppliers, but if so, they certainly would be cheaper. It is produced with genetically engineered e.coli, so anyone that has the capability to produce hgh would have the requisite skills and facilities neccessary to produce it.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks @testiculus. I am checking with my Chinese guy and see if he can find it.
Bumping this to see if anyone has learned anything. I approached my healthcare provider about using this substance and not surprisingly was shot down immediately. Does anyone know if the above-mentioned source is very discriminating about its buyers? Any thoughts on the risks involved in getting some and doing a joint injection?

BigTex

Bumping this to see if anyone has learned anything. I approached my healthcare provider about using this substance and not surprisingly was shot down immediately. Does anyone know if the above-mentioned source is very discriminating about its buyers? Any thoughts on the risks involved in getting some and doing a joint injection?
I totally forgot about this @Cataceous. I just sent a message to my friend in China to see if this fibroblast growth factor 18 (FGF18) is being produced and how much it cost if it is available. I should know in the next 24 hours and will post the reply.

testiculus

Not surprised that your doc isn't supportive as it's not FDA approved. For the US source, I've never bought from them, but they probably won't sell to an individual as their market is academia and biotech labs. You would probably need to setup an LLC and a mailbox at a UPS store or similar.

Given that a Phase 2 trial with 5 year follow up has been done without any significant adverse events, I would guess that the risk is fairly low. This is something where there's pretty good data on safety and efficacy. It's sad that it will probably never be brought to market as the FDA has put such ridiculous requirements out for approval that it would take a $1-2 Billion phase 3 trial to have a shot at approval. My guess is they are trying to protect the joint replacement market.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
.. For the US source, I've never bought from them, but they probably won't sell to an individual as their market is academia and biotech labs. You would probably need to setup an LLC and a mailbox at a UPS store or similar.
Yes, the roadblocks are significant. Although you can place the order and even have a credit card charged, there is a further application process. Having a legitimate company with a PO box is insufficient. They want a business address for your "life science research facility". It may have been possible to come up with a plausible address in time, but that delay would further decrease the likelihood of acceptance.

Last edited:

BigTex

I totally forgot about this @Cataceous. I just sent a message to my friend in China to see if this fibroblast growth factor 18 (FGF18) is being produced and how much it cost if it is available. I should know in the next 24 hours and will post the reply.
@Cataceous, if forgot to mention, my friend in China said the following:

I am really sorry that we do not have this protein currently. I checked, if developing this product, it costs very huge.

Do not know how large its marketing is.

So the Chinese do not see any future market value of producing this protein. I am guessing it will eventually have the same issue here and have problem going through clinical trials to get FDA approval. Surgery/rehab brings in so much more money

testiculus

I'm not surprised that the Chinese aren't making it, given that it isn't a simple peptide. It's unlikely that it will ever be approved by the FDA. No one wants to put a $1B up for the trial they want, for what will ultimately be a political decision for approval. There's enough data to know that it works and is safe. The FDA is just all about protecting existing businesses.

The best hope would be for a compounding pharmacy to take interest in offering it and start marketing it to physicians for IA injections. Eventually the FDA would try and shut down the compounding, but hopefully there would be enough of user base by then to put political pressure on the FDA.

Such is the sad state of our medical system.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me