Opinions...

Buy Lab Tests Online

SilverSurfer

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but I'm not trying to "prove" that I need TRT...my doctor has already prescribed it and it's been sitting in my cabinet for the past year, untouched.
My reason for this thread is that I would rather do it naturally if I can, but honestly dont KNOW if I can get from 250s back to 500s. That's why I've been asking so many questions and trying to give as much info as I can.
My doctor is onboard with me doing it naturally if I can, but has no problem prescribing test cyp injections if I need them.

I honestly dont know how likely it is that I could get back to somewhat normal #s, that's why I'm here.

I think you've taken my intention completely wrong

I must be missing something. You want to raise your testosterone naturally, but not sure if you can get to the levels you were at previously, and if you can’t you won’t bother trying. And you have spent the last year being sedentary and overweight while you ponder whether or not to use the testosterone in the cabinet? But it seems like your no closer to a decision? I’ve got to be misunderstanding something.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

coltsblue1812

Just pulled my bloodwork from this time last year to compare:

Free T 73 pg/ml
Total T 363 nd/dl
SHBG 27
Free % 2%
Estradiol 29 pg/ml

My SHBG actually went down to 24 with my new bloodwork (TT 253).

I might add, one of the main reasons that i have not started TRT even though my doctor gave the green light, is that i have panic attacks/anxiety attacks from time to time.. it seems like i had them as a kid all the way up until around 16-17 years old, then they went away completely until around age 30.

Makes me wonder if (looking at the age i did and didnt have them) if it could be hormone related?
The fear of trt increasing the panic attack feeling is what kept me looking and reading on natural ways to increase T.

Also, the age of 17-28 i was probably my healthiest bodyweight etc (closer to 210-220lbs at 6'5, vs 265 now, down from 280)

coltsblue1812

TO Silversurfer: I didnt say that if i couldnt raise them naturally i wouldnt try. I'm saying i would prefer to do it naturally but if not, i would use the TRT.

I think the part you missed is that i'm a single dad who has my daughter 50% of the time and she just turned 16 months old yesterday... so while it's maybe an "excuse" in some people's eyes, that is why this past year i havent worked much towards this, ive been extremely busy with her etc....
She is now at an age that (she's very advanced) allows me the time to work towards this. My questions were just looking for the opinions of everyone on if they think i can bounce back from 253 naturally or if they think i'd be spinning my wheels and would be better served using the trt.

coltsblue1812

Just a follow up... My labs that i posted at the beginning of this thread, were drawn on 4-02-19...

Since 4/2, i have lost about 12 lbs and still trending downward... have been taking 3,500 I.U. of D3 (just from supplements, not counting my food), a whole food multi-vitamin, walking throughout the day at work, lifting weights 3-4x per week and sex about twice a week on average... have tried to make healthier food choices and get at least 7 hours sleep most nights...

I'm not sure just how much a person can boost their T in a month, but over the past 7-8 days, i have woken up with "morning wood" every single day, without fail. Have also noticed my beard is growing much faster, as i am having to shave at least a couple days sooner than normal (i wear a beard, but shave my neck). Have also noticed that i seem a bit more "upbeat" as far as mood, most days... and my weight lifting has gone from having to make myself do it, to actually looking forward to it.

I dont plan to get new labs until at least July (90 days since the last ones), but thought i'd share the info.

Do any of you think that it's possible that my T is actually going up faster than i'd expected? I dont think the morning wood could be placebo, as it happens while i'm asleep lol.

Anyhow, just looking for opinions or further suggestions on what i should do/change etc.

My normal diet has been lots of chicken breast, grass fed ground beef, avocados, greek yogurt, onions, peppers, grass fed whey/egg white protein on lifting days, shrimp etc
And my lifting has been a Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday strength based plan, based around the low incline press/squat/shoulder press/dead lift (one on each of the days listed, with accessories added in).

Again, always looking for opinions and ideas on diet/workout/supplements and vitamins/minerals etc that you think could further help me along!

The plan is the re-test in July and see where i'm at and as long as i'm making progress, keep on going and test again around November... but if i've made no progress at all or have lost ground, then i may give in to the TRT that my doc has suggested.

Thanks guys (sorry it's a long post!)!

fifty

You’re on the right track. Sounds great. Screw the T numbers. If you’re feeling good who cares if your T is “low”? I felt better at 400 than 1500.

One time pre trt I did kinda what you did. Felt great but my T dropped 100pts. I was dumb enough to pursue trt after that.

Last edited:

coltsblue1812

You’re on the right track. Sounds great. Screw the T numbers. If you’re feeling good who cares if your T is “low”? I felt better at 400 than 1500.

One time pre trt I did kinda what you did. Felt great but my T dropped 100pts. I was dumb enough to pursue trt after that.

I definitely agree, i'm not trying to get my T to any specific/"magic" number, just want it high enough to feel my best and not be at risk for any of the "Low T" health issues. But at the same time, if anyone sees anything i'm leaving out that they think i could add to help things along, i'm all ears!

TLR

Just pulled my bloodwork from this time last year to compare:

Free T 73 pg/ml
Total T 363 nd/dl
SHBG 27
Free % 2%
Estradiol 29 pg/ml

My SHBG actually went down to 24 with my new bloodwork (TT 253).

I might add, one of the main reasons that i have not started TRT even though my doctor gave the green light, is that i have panic attacks/anxiety attacks from time to time.. it seems like i had them as a kid all the way up until around 16-17 years old, then they went away completely until around age 30.

Makes me wonder if (looking at the age i did and didnt have them) if it could be hormone related?
The fear of trt increasing the panic attack feeling is what kept me looking and reading on natural ways to increase T.

Also, the age of 17-28 i was probably my healthiest bodyweight etc (closer to 210-220lbs at 6'5, vs 265 now, down from 280)
I'll chime in now.....I had pre existing anxiety issues before TRT, and it aggravated my anxiety issues significantly. Not to say that it will for you, but my doctor stated he sees a fair amount of his patients with anxiety issues react negatively to raising testosterone, and these boards are full of reports from other people that experienced this. I would say two things. One, try to clean everything up lifestyle wise and see if it doesn't improve. Two, if you do decide to go on make sure your doctor is familiar with recovery protocols and if it starts to cause problems don't flog a dead horse trying to fix it for years because if you stay shut down too long it only makes it harder to come off. Looking back over the past eight years in an honest cost / benefit analysis I personally wouldn't have stuck the first needle in my leg, but I'm older and stayed on long enough that a recovery protocol didn't work for me. It doesn't sound like you are, but don't be impatient with it and jump into it without knowing you really needed to.

coltsblue1812

I'll chime in now.....I had pre existing anxiety issues before TRT, and it aggravated my anxiety issues significantly. Not to say that it will for you, but my doctor stated he sees a fair amount of his patients with anxiety issues react negatively to raising testosterone, and these boards are full of reports from other people that experienced this. I would say two things. One, try to clean everything up lifestyle wise and see if it doesn't improve. Two, if you do decide to go on make sure your doctor is familiar with recovery protocols and if it starts to cause problems don't flog a dead horse trying to fix it for years because if you stay shut down too long it only makes it harder to come off. Looking back over the past eight years in an honest cost / benefit analysis I personally wouldn't have stuck the first needle in my leg, but I'm older and stayed on long enough that a recovery protocol didn't work for me. It doesn't sound like you are, but don't be impatient with it and jump into it without knowing you really needed to.

First off, thanks for taking the time for such a sincere response! After spending a lot of time going back and forth on this, i did decide not long after my first post to MAKE myself get up and start doing all of the things i need to do, to exhaust all other options before ever taking a shot for TRT.
While i may end up spinning my wheels and not be able to raise my levels naturally, i have to say, that i am optimistic.

Just about 5 years ago i was up in the 500s with poor diet and sleep habits, but i WAS very active, lifted regularly and my weight was about 30 pounds less than it is right now. I'm hoping that if i get my weight from 260 back down to about 220-230 (im 6'5) i will have good results... i want to be as active as i was back then, workout like i did back then, but add in better sleep and better diet... and correct the vitamin deficiencies that i have (D3 and B12). Im hoping that if i do all of those things and just stick with it, that i can at least get back close to where i was before.

I've read about guys testing as low as i was at, at my last blood draw, and raising themselves up to the 700s naturally, so i know it IS possible.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me