Not on TRT. Did DHEA and Pregnenolone raise my E2??

Buy Lab Tests Online

Wild_Man

Hello. This is my first post, although I have been a long time lurker.

I started taking 50 mg DHEA and 50 mg Pregnenolone daily a few months back to treat low levels of both.

My E2 appears to have increased from 25 to 34. My Free E2 is also very high, although this is the first time I have tested it. Could this be due to the DHEA and Preg I've been taking?

Before taking any DHEA or Preg:

1694456557932.png

Now:
1694456528929.png

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello. This is my first post, although I have been a long time lurker.

I started taking 50 mg DHEA and 50 mg Pregnenolone daily a few months back to treat low levels of both.

My E2 appears to have increased from 25 to 34. My Free E2 is also very high, although this is the first time I have tested it. Could this be due to the DHEA and Preg I've been taking?

Before taking any DHEA or Preg:

View attachment 36710

Now:

View attachment 36709
What's your full protocol?

Wild_Man

What's your full protocol?
Daily Protocol
8:00am:
50 mg DHEA (Oral)
50 mg Pregnenolone (Oral)

That's it. I am not on TRT or anything else that could affect these levels.

Is that jump from 25 to 34 a big jump for someone to make naturally (without taking any meds)?

What is the ideal natural E2 level for a 20 year old guy (me)?

Vince

Super Moderator
When supplementing with DHEA and not on testosterone it will cause you to convert testosterone into estrogen. I tried it before I started TRT and that's what it did to me.

Wild_Man

When supplementing with DHEA and not on testosterone it will cause you to convert testosterone into estrogen. I tried it before I started TRT and that's what it did to me.
Thanks for the insight. I stopped taking the DHEA starting today so hopefully E2 comes down.

Shawn

If you were low, you still need to use it unless you don't have any symptoms but typically low DHEA will manifest with digestive issues, noise sensitivity or tinnitus, irritability, anxiety, depression, dry skin, weakness, fatigue and who knows what else

TLR

Dr Andrew Winge did a pretty deep dive on his you tube channel about this topic and cited several studies where the drop off off pregnenolone and DHEA wasn’t near as bad as a lot of us believe when taking testosterone…..of course YMMV, but he doesn’t believe every guy always benefits from or needs to “backfill the pathways”…..I still find it amazing that doctors that study in this realm don’t come to the same conclusions and yet some that we know act like the science is settled and they have all the answers for everyone….!

Shawn

that's true. all of us are different and this field will never be concrete. there are too many variables.

hair loss was once touted to be just mysterious and "genetic" but we know its only DHT that causes it. that "genetic" component means that individual seems to convert more DHT and not only that but attaches specifically to the receptors in their scalp which causes hair loss. Jay Cutler probably has more overall DHT than the average joe but never loses his hair (or loses it alot slowly) whereas some who never use any drugs or anything just lose their hair by 20. of course just using herbs that reduce overall DHT will reduce it in the scalp, and all one needs to do is just take some nettle leaf and/or saw palmetto. i once lost half my hair while using tribulus for 2-3 weeks (it raises DHT drastically) but never lost anything after i stopped after 14 years.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me