Not feeling better on TRT + Thyroid problems

Buy Lab Tests Online

ratbag

Yeah I have that too. It's called HPTA dysfunction. (Don't bother asking your regular PCP) It simply means your pituitary/hypothalamus doesn't put out the necessary signals for the various organs to make the proper amount of hormones. Many people here have varying stages of this. Sometimes the cause was a very minor or serious head injury or just a concussion. Lots of football players have this problem too except they call it TBI (tramatic brain injury) they now fix this problem with hormones...google it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
You appear to have more than sufficient iron & ferritin. I agree with Rat on the adrenals ... 4x analysis is needed. The one AM serum lab you pulled is seriously lagging .. The AM needs to be in the upper 80%-90% area of reference range, then the other 3 (Noon, early evening, night time) need to evaluated with DHEA correlation to assess/plot adrenal stage.

Alive

I'm thinking maybe my low morning cortisol was because I hadn't drunk coffee then (because I was fasting for the blood draw)?
I wake up every night around 3-4 am and can't get back to sleep. I'm wondering if this is caused by my hormone imbalances.

ratbag

Coffee should not affect morning cortisol or cortisol any other time of the day. Waking up at night is quite common with those who have low morning cortisol because their evening cortisol goes too high. Your diurnal cortisol rhythm is likely off. This is why you need 4 x diurnal saliva labs. Then you know exactly what is wrong and where.

theoneguy

I feel you buddy I am in the exact same position but have somewhat improved dramatically over the last week. I added hcg to my protocol and also added a daily thyroid tablet which basically consists of selenium, b6, b12, magnesium and zinc. The improvement has already been nothing short of amazing and hope it to get even better as i keep it up.

Alive

What is that tablet called? Seems similar to ZMA. Looking again at my labs, my blood sodium, chloride and CO2 are quite high. High CO2 can be a result of adrenal dysfunction.

I also have a lab from last year, before going on TRT in which fT4 and TSH were 0.98 and 2.25 respectively (in the same ranges as the new results). Can the decrease be due to TRT?

Will be talking to Dr Saya on Tuesday. Can't wait.

theoneguy

the tablet i am taking now is a called thyroid energy made by a company called now. my tsh was 2.2 before trt and after 12 weeks on was 4.1, I will get it checked again in 3 weeks but hopefully with the hcg and tablets it will go back down as I already feel a lot better.

Alive

Just talked to the Doc. Said I did not need thyroid medication. Reduced the T dose to 2x40mg per week. Prescribed the 4-times saliva test, ubiquinol, a low dose of Arimidex and injectable vitamin D. There is also a sleep study I've been trying to get approved by insurance for ages. I myself started taking 5HTP as well.

Last edited:

Alive

Recently my knees have been making a clicking sound when I walk and also I feel a slight pain in my eyes. I've read that women on arimidex face such problems because estrogen is responsible for tissue development. But I take such a small dose. Confused.

men don't have much estrogen so even small dose can lower your estrogen too much for your body (if you notice such clicking sounds you lowered estrogen too low and your body is telling you this)

Systemlord

Recently my knees have been making a clicking sound when I walk and also I feel a slight pain in my eyes. I've read that women on arimidex face such problems because estrogen is responsible for tissue development. But I take such a small dose. Confused.

When I took my first AI dosage (.125 EOD) I felt great by midday and by days end I could barely keep my eyes open and had pain behind my eyes that felt like a caffeine headache.

Now I know this was a sign the AI dosage was too much, I'm taking half my original dosage (.0625 EOD) and feeling better.

Alive

Have not taken the AI for a week. My knees don't make a sound anymore but one of them aches. (I've had problems with that knee before).

I should also add that my libido has been low and inconsistent on TRT. Coffee and modafinil (which I don't take often) increase my libido so it may be that I don't produce enough dopamine. This can possibly becuase I don't sleep well. (I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep; which may be a sign of hypothyroidism).

One more thing: during the one month that I was on dessicated thyroid my productivity skyrocketed and I miss that. In the last few years I've had difficulty getting things done. It's like I'm perpetually stoned. (I don't do drugs, don't worry.) Doctor said I didn't need the thyroid medicine anymore but I feel something is amiss. Possibly my high rT3 or E2. He also said taking synthetic T3 (to reduce my rT3) would shut down my TSH.

Alive

I talked to a nurse at Defy to switch to propionate. She said me not getting much from TRT may be due to low SHBG and suggested I take the propionate every single day. But is 36.1 in 16.5-55.9 really low?

For lowering E2 and improving adrenal and thyroid function she recommended hippie methods (DIM, calcium d-glucarate, etc).

When I think about it I may have had the symptoms of adrenal insufficiency all my life.

madman

Super Moderator
I talked to a nurse at Defy to switch to propionate. She said me not getting much from TRT may be due to low SHBG and suggested I take the propionate every single day. But is 36.1 in 16.5-55.9 really low?

For lowering E2 and improving adrenal and thyroid function she recommended hippie methods (DIM, calcium d-glucarate, etc).

When I think about it I may have had the symptoms of adrenal insufficiency all my life.

SHBG range (16.5-55.9) so the mean (mid-range) is 36.2 nmol/L.....yours is 36.1 nmol/L so definitely not low nor lowish.

You just recently switched your protocol roughly 4 weeks ago.....lower dose of testosterone 80mg/week (40mg every 3.5 days) added use of an aromatase inhibitor(than dropped it roughly 2 weeks ago)..... we have no idea where your TT and more importantly FT and e2 sits until you have blood work done after 6 weeks.

For all we know your FT may be too low on 80mg/week testosterone?

Last edited:

Systemlord

Your SHBG isn't low, it's better than midrange which is a perfect SHBG level.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me