No drawing needles - is this normal and best practice for SubQ Testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Holden

Hello - I received my first batch of Testosterone Cypionate and HCG from Defy Medical. They sent 27 gauge 1/2" Easy Touch syringes for the Test (for SubQ), and 30 gauge for the HCG (for SubQ). These syringes do not have removable needles.

They sent no alcohol wipes and no drawing needles. The directions they sent, talk about using alcohol wipes and it completely skips the directions on how to draw the Testosterone from the vial.

So I called and talked to Defy's staff. They said sorry we forgot the alcohol wipes but nothing we can do now. I asked about using a separate drawing needle and they said just draw the Test and HCG using the same needle that you inject with.

Is this normal and best practice for SubQ injections? -- i.e., using the same needle to draw as you use to inject when doing SubQ with Test Cyp especially?

Appreciate your thoughts, as I am new to this. By the way I'm not talking negative about Defy, just mentioned their name so you have the context on where I'm getting the service / supplies from.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

drawing with filter needles is important for glass ampules that are broken open to prevent glass shards from being drawn. Even then, the chances of drawing glass are quite slim.

If you are drawing from a vial with rubber membrane, drawing needles are unnecessary.

madman

Super Moderator
Hello - I received my first batch of Testosterone Cypionate and HCG from Defy Medical. They sent 27 gauge 1/2" Easy Touch syringes for the Test (for SubQ), and 30 gauge for the HCG (for SubQ). These syringes do not have removable needles.

They sent no alcohol wipes and no drawing needles. The directions they sent, talk about using alcohol wipes and it completely skips the directions on how to draw the Testosterone from the vial.

So I called and talked to Defy's staff. They said sorry we forgot the alcohol wipes but nothing we can do now. I asked about using a separate drawing needle and they said just draw the Test and HCG using the same needle that you inject with.

Is this normal and best practice for SubQ injections? -- i.e., using the same needle to draw as you use to inject when doing SubQ with Test Cyp especially?

Appreciate your thoughts, as I am new to this. By the way I'm not talking negative about Defy, just mentioned their name so you have the context on where I'm getting the service / supplies from.

Yes this is common whether one is injecting strictly sub-q or IM (shallow/deep).

Numerous benefits as not only will it be quicker drawing/injecting using the same needle mind you drawing/injecting can be somewhat slower depending on the injection volume/carrier oil used especially when using 29-31 G needles but more importantly is you will be minimizing/preventing any wasted medication when using an insulin syringe with a fixed (attached) needle due to mimimal dead-space.

“Fixed insulin type syringes have no void space at the point where the needle joins the syringe, and so are known as Low Dead Space Syringes, which is sometimes abbreviated in the literature to LDSS. They are made like this so that the full accurate dose is delivered, and there is no waste

Screenshot (30011).png

Screenshot (30012).png

Screenshot (30013).png

Screenshot (30014).png

Screenshot (30015).png

Screenshot (30016).png

madman

Super Moderator
Drawing needles are redundant and unnecessary when using standard vials.

I never used a drawing needles, even when using 18 gauge syringes.

Draw, inject, and enjoy the benefits.

Why would anyone even consider using a different needle for drawing when using those harpoons 18-22G, drawing the medication would be extremely quick with such!

You clearly never understood the numerous benefits of using an LDS insulin syringe as I find it hard to believe anyone on TRT would put up with the pain let alone scar tissue from an 18 let alone 22G needle.

madman

Super Moderator
Drawing needles are redundant and unnecessary when using standard vials.

LOL, you are killing me here!

madman

Super Moderator
Warm the vial in a glass of hot water. Makes drawing it out of the vial easier and injects smoother as well.

Definitely improves the ease when drawing/injecting but in most cases is not needed especially when injecting lower volumes of the oily solution.

One can easily draw/inject TC in cottonseed oil using a 27G without warming up the vial.

Many on TRT are not drawing/injecting 1 mL of the oily solution unless they are one of those caught up in that more T is better mentality let alone following that cookie-cutter protocol pushed by those dime a dozen run of the mill T clinics or better yet some of those so-called HRT gurus littered on youtube or so-called men's health/TRT forums loaded with you know those blast n cruizerzzz LMFAO!

Always aim for optimal bruh 200 mg T/week is just getting your feet wet!

As I have stated numerous times on the forum most men can easily achieve a healthy let alone high trough FT level by injecting 100-150mg T/week especially when split into more frequent injections.

Are there some outliers who may need the higher-end dose of 200mg T/week, most definitely but this is far from common.

gladiatortommy

This post is interesting to me, I have been using TRT since before it was on the level and this image always scared the crap out of me. My how things have changed, I have never used anything smaller than a 23G and I have always rotated IM sites. I found this site in 99-2000ish spotinjections.com, check it out for a laugh. Back in the day it was helpful but using the smaller gauge needles and injecting SubQ is a game changer. I never thought it was possible until I recently started actual TRT. I think it's only an issue with the larger gauge needles so... carry on!
1699569600760.png

BadassBlues

Without being either disrespectful or sarcastic, it's amazing how a simple subject can get so sideways.

Drawing syringes are completely unnecessary for sub q TRT injections. Yes, it takes a minute to get the dose into an insulin syringe, but it's just a minute. If your vial is a bit chilled, just rub it between your hands for a minute before pulling the dose. I personally use a 29 gauge, 1/2 inch Easy Touch syringe and it takes less than a minute from pull to injection.

To even consider drawing into a 23 gauge syringe, then transferring to a smaller gauge for injection is just... well, it's just unnecessary.

Don't over think it... it's just not that difficult ;)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me