Newish Member from Canada (Pre-TRT Bloodwork Inside)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

Hey thanks for the opinion. I do remember my original doctor only testing for FT and it was just above low normal a few years ago.

I've been taking 10000iu of Vit D a day the past few months also taking a DIM supplement (200mg) as well. Anything else I could do to raise Free T?

I'll also ask about reverse T3 on my next blood test.

Most men seem to be complaining of low testosterone when Free T drops below midrange, doctors who overly focus on reference ranges to guide decision making often are clueless where the healthy ranges lie for young men who are symptom free or the average testosterone for a given age.

They just aren't educated on the subject and frankly don't care one way or the other. TRT isn't a profitable treatment for them to care, there is no patents on generic testosterone cypionate, no investors behind it and therefore not profitable.

This is why so few doctors know how to do TRT well, it's a niche sector.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

dd340

I had some more blood work done the last 8 weeks.

My 6 week results were done 3 days after injection and are attached below. I was on 110mg weekly IM injections and my doc said to go down to 100 after the 6 week mark. The 12 weeks are from yesterday and were done before my injection. I'm kind of shocked at the SHBG being so high. Should I be worried about that?

I know I don't have any sensitive e2 tests done. I actually called my local Dynacare office and offered to pay for my own test and they said I still need a doctor to order the test, really frustrating to say the least.

I would just like to add that I feel really good still and having awesome workouts at the gym. Recovery from training and sporting activities has been great also.

Any advice on my most recent results would be much appreciated. I've also been taking synthroid to get my thyroid elevated a bit. I have noticed the last few weeks an increase in my metabolism.

I am also a patient of Dr Komer. We are on pretty much the same protocol and have pretty much the same bloodwork results. I decided to go with twice weekly injections even though he gave me the same answer as he gave you that most people don’t need it so why bother doing 2 injections. To be honest if you are feeling good I don’t see any problems with your protocol. It’s pretty much impossible to get anyone else to prescribe TRT in Ontario so what we get from Dr Komer is a pretty good option in my opinion. FYI, I asked him about getting tested for free testosterone and the reason he doesn’t do it is that the test in Canada is not reliable and so he doesn’t bother getting it tested. I’m just happy to have a doctor that is totally fine with keeping my TT in the upper limit of the range, most GP would freak out about it.
Also, don’t worry about E2, if it was a problem you would know by now, just everyone on this site is obsessed by it for whatever reason.

bubz24

I am also a patient of Dr Komer. We are on pretty much the same protocol and have pretty much the same bloodwork results. I decided to go with twice weekly injections even though he gave me the same answer as he gave you that most people don’t need it so why bother doing 2 injections. To be honest if you are feeling good I don’t see any problems with your protocol. It’s pretty much impossible to get anyone else to prescribe TRT in Ontario so what we get from Dr Komer is a pretty good option in my opinion. FYI, I asked him about getting tested for free testosterone and the reason he doesn’t do it is that the test in Canada is not reliable and so he doesn’t bother getting it tested. I’m just happy to have a doctor that is totally fine with keeping my TT in the upper limit of the range, most GP would freak out about it.
Also, don’t worry about E2, if it was a problem you would know by now, just everyone on this site is obsessed by it for whatever reason.
Hey, good to hear there's some fellow patients on the board. How are things going with you?

I hear you on doctors here in Ontario/Canada. I even had a referral to Dr. Greenspan in Hamilton and he turned me away. I'm thinking if he tested for my SHBG he would've seen how crazy high it is but he never did which I found weird now because he's supposed to be the leader in the industry. I did notice alot of 60+ men in there when I went so maybe he figured I was a little young still.

As for Dr. Komer I modified the paper he gave me to include SHBG and Free Testosterone. I was actually going to give him a call this week to discuss the results but was also a little worried he'd be pissed I added the extra tests. I had to pay $55 to get the SHBG done. To my surprise the office called me and booked me in to "discuss my most recent bloodwork" in April. I didn't think they would look at the results so closely and so fast. LOL I hope he doesn't give me too much shit since I don't think what I did was really legal. :oops:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me