Newbie to Excel

Buy Lab Tests Online

jeff64

Hello EM,

Let me start by saying this site has an immense amount of information!
Yes I do have a question.
I recently had my testosterone check thru Lab Corp.
Attached see my results.
Being a 55 yo man, are the results in line with my age or should I look further into a TRT?

Thanks Jeff

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190216-131427_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190216-131427_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 99
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Your total testosterone would be considered good, but the lowish free T measurement suggests that your SHBG may be on the high side. Best to remove doubt and measure SHBG directly, as the standard free T test is not very reliable. If SHBG is high there aren't any great options, but see this article: High SHBG

Systemlord

It's obvious that you have elevated SHBG which is common when one has high normal Total T and rock bottom Free T. Free T needs to be above 15.0 and preferable higher to relieve all symptoms of low testosterone.

TRT is the one thing that can lower elevated SHBG, or rather excess androgens which your body will never be able to do on it's own for the fact that it's not. Your pituitary should be increasing the stimulating hormone LH to increase free testosterone, that's not happening do to a sluggish pituitary gland and is the most common reason for low testosterone worldwide.

You will require supraphysiological levels to ever have enough Free T, something a sick care doctor will not allow do to insurance companies forcing doctors to keep levels under 800, seeking private care is the only way around this limitation.

Be prepared, healthcare systems are mostly inept to manage TRT effectively.

High SHBG can be genetic, hard dieting and abusing the liver with drugs and or alcohol.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Hello EM,

Let me start by saying this site has an immense amount of information!
Yes I do have a question.
I recently had my testosterone check thru Lab Corp.
Attached see my results.
Being a 55 yo man, are the results in line with my age or should I look further into a TRT?

Thanks Jeff

With a TT of 643 ng/dL and a sub-par FT I would say as others have stated your SHBG is high.....hence most of your TT is bound up causing low FT which is the unbound active fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive benefits.

Most men do well having FT 2-3% of TT.

High SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale