New Labs - Feel Great but Estradiol High - Need Advice - Low T from Hemochromatosis.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Saul

Hello everyone. I am a new member here and am asking on feedback on my labs given the following info. I am new (3-4 months) on TRT and have been reading a lot but have much to learn. The following is general info.

I am 49, 6'3” and about 204 lbs. (male). I went to the Dr. because I felt terrible with sore and achy joints and muscles, tired, no motivation, no energy, and poor focus and lots of apathy.

After blood work and genetic tests it turns out I have a genetic disease called hemochromatosis (too much iron absorption causing iron toxicity) and low T. Dr said the low T as likely due to excess iron causing hypogonadism. We are getting the iron down so all good there and I have gone off 95% of dairy and red meat.

On the T side, doctor prescribed 100 mg Test C every 2 weeks IM. I could tell it helped but I was up and down and no real change in test numbers at first blood test.

I am now at 70 mg Test C every week IM. Still some ups and downs, but overall I feel much better – I don't know if it is the Test or the lowering of iron and diet change, but I feel 10 years younger and am eating better and working out 4-5 times per week. I have lost about 10 lbs. of fat and gained muscle, am mostly pain free, sleep better, don't pee as much or with as much urgency, am more confident, have ambition/energy, and less anxiety. Libido is somewhat better, but bedroom performance is still not great.

I used Discount Labs for recent blood work. I love my Dr (GP) but like many I don't think he is a T expert so I wanted to look at SHBG, PSA, and Estradiol to be safe. I don't have base line before T for these values.

As a side note, Discount Labs was perfect to work with. It was as easy as they said and I highly recommend them (I sound like a shill).

Anyway, on to the numbers

I started with:
Total T at 357 with a range of 348 to 1197
Free T at 5.6 in a range of 6.8 to 21.5
That is the only baseline for T that I have.

My most recent numbers at 70 Test C per week IM (blood draw on 4th day of weekly shot) are as follows:
Total T at 671 with a range of 264 to 916
Free T at 16.9 in a range of 6.8 to 21.5
Hemoglobin 15.9 (Hematocrit = 45.7) – all good – I give blood every two months.

Cholesterol is all good with total of 154, HDL at 63, and LDL at 81. All better than before TRT.
PSA at .6
SHBG at 40.7 in range of 16.5-55.9
Estradiol Sensitive at 40 in range of 8 to 35.

Should I be worried about Estradiol at 40?

Also, for my last 3 blood tests before TRT and working out, my AST and ALT were very low 17 and 16 respectively, but on this blood test (taking in the AM, fasting, after a workout), AST = 38 (range of 0 to 40) and ALT = 47 (range of 0 to 44).

Should I be worried about the large jump up in the AST and ALT values. My liver MRI showed iron loading but otherwise healthy liver.

If you have concerns, advice is welcome, or I can go to a TRT specialty Dr. that I know, but would rather avoid the cost and added appointments if everything is good.

Thank you. Saul

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

It's great that your feeling better! It's the main reason we come to sites like this to educate ourselves... and sometimes the MD's come here to learn more as well. Your TRT protocol is unconventional. Particularly at the beginning. What determines how often we take testosterone is the half life. Have a look here and you'll understand why the most successful protocol is taking Testosterone twice a week.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-of-medications-Most-underrated-aspect-of-TRT

Saul

It's great that your feeling better! It's the main reason we come to sites like this to educate ourselves... and sometimes the MD's come here to learn more as well. Your TRT protocol is unconventional. Particularly at the beginning. What determines how often we take testosterone is the half life. Have a look here and you'll understand why the most successful protocol is taking Testosterone twice a week.

Thanks. I have read about and understand the 1/2 life. I really noticed it every 2 weeks - It was almost worse than before since I could notice the fall back in to the void. I know my Dr is not a TRT expert with his once every two week protocol.

Once per week seemed like a balance and I think there are some benefits to reducing injection frequency. Perhaps twice weekly it would reduce my E2 levels though or going subQ. While my injections don't hurt, mentally it is still not something I look forward to doing. The benefit is so great that I override my mental objections. I could try twice weekly and see how it goes and retest E2, but things are pretty good now.

Thanks for the link.

Saul

Your estradiol is fine. I would not worry about it.

Your slight increase in AST and ALT is due to exercise.

Your current TRT dose is 70 mg/week. It is below the usual 100 mg per week but that does not matter. Your T level and other variables are good.

Enjoy feeling good.

Thanks. That is very helpful and reassuring. I don't think I have any 'bad' high E2 symptoms from my reading.
Yes, 70/week is not too high, but I wanted to bump it up slowly and keep an eye on things. It is a long term process for me. Overall an amazing improvement. BTW, Discount Labs was great. Easier than going to my doctor for labs.

One thing I noticed about low T is that the onset (for me) was so slow that it took years and became the new normal. With T shots, the improvement occurred pretty fast (months) so the improvement seemed fast and I could compare the before and after. It is a big difference.

CoastWatcher

Thanks. I have read about and understand the 1/2 life. I really noticed it every 2 weeks - It was almost worse than before since I could notice the fall back in to the void. I know my Dr is not a TRT expert with his once every two week protocol.

Once per week seemed like a balance and I think there are some benefits to reducing injection frequency. Perhaps twice weekly it would reduce my E2 levels though or going subQ. While my injections don't hurt, mentally it is still not something I look forward to doing. The benefit is so great that I override my mental objections. I could try twice weekly and see how it goes and retest E2, but things are pretty good now.

Thanks for the link.

You would have an excellent chance of lowering your estradiol easily if you injected more frequently. It's something that's seen here again and a again - estradiol will slide down as the number of shots moves up. For everyone? No, but for most. With it will frequently come an enhanced libido.

Twice weekly, every other day, or even daily (I'm one of the daily injectors). I urge you to consider it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me