New here and need help

Buy Lab Tests Online

kaipo

Hello, been on trt for 6 yrs now started with gel, then pellets and now injections once a week. Everything has been fairly well so far until now. I’m 56 yrs old and in good physical shape work out with weights 6 days a week and have a pretty decent diet. My hematocrit level is increasing now slowly and my doctor is deceasing my dosage. I’m at .375 ml weekly. Not feeling as good anymore can you guys please give me so advise as to what I should do? Thank you...

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Your doctor should know well enough the answer to your problems is splitting up the dose twice weekly or EOD, this will lower hematocrit easily without sacrificing good T levels which is exactly what I believe your doctor has done. Once weekly protocol is hardly optimal and drove my hematocrit up as well, most of us members here went private to seek competent care.

Most sickcare doctors are inept to manage TRT protocols.

We need to see some labs, your doctor should be using Total T, Free T, SHBG and E2 sensitive to balance out your levels.

Please describe dosing in mgs, not ml.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Thank you for your response. What do you recommend I do . Twice weekly or EOD? And what dosage?

That would depend on more than one factor, SHBG and E2 sensitive would be a deciding factor in my recommendation.

Where does your SHBG sit?

Typical starting dosages for twice weekly is 50mg twice weekly, 20-25mg EOD.

I do 20mg EOD, my SHBG is on the lower end.

Systemlord

SHBG is 44.4

A twice weekly protocol will be optimal, 50-60mg is a good starting point. You may need less or more, but your dosage will be close to 100mg weekly.

I hope you're using 27-29 gauge insulin syringe to inject T in shoulders and quads.

kaipo

I was on .5 ml weekly. I did my labs
Hemo 18.0
Hematocrit 56.3
Tot 634
Free 114
Labs were done the day before injection

kaipo

The doctor has lowered my dosage to .375 ml (sorry about the measurements) and do another lab in four months. A few days after my visit I went to the blood bank to draw blood. (My doctor doesn’t know)

CoastWatcher

Was your estradiol measured with the sensitive test, LC,MS/MS? Always draw blood just prior to injection, if you're going to test in the morning of an injection a few hours delay isn't going to pose any problems.

Time to consider a new doctor. Your doctor should know that multiple, smaller injections are far more successful than one single weekly injection. He's in the dark.

Systemlord

The doctor has lowered my dosage to .375 ml (sorry about the measurements) and do another lab in four months. A few days after my visit I went to the blood bank to draw blood. (My doctor doesn’t know)

I have a 100mg vials and a 200mg vials, so if I draw .5 from either it would be either 50mg or 100mg. It doesn't sound like you doctor has any ideal what he's doing, he's only keeping your levels in range and not really optimizing your levels, typical of sick care doctors.

I want to feel my absolute best and had to seek a private doctor, my endo was satisfied with a trough of 440, right at the cut off point for cardiovascular disease!

kaipo

Not sure how my E2 is measured. It’s hard for me to find a new doctor but I think I can convince him by improving my numbers with your help. My test cyp is 200mg/ml - new dosage is .375
Do you think I can do 50mg twice weekly?
Will that help my hematocrit level?

MikeXL

1- increase injecting frequency - may help lessen increase in HCT
2- consider sub Q injections- may help lessen increase in HCT
3- get genetic testing for coagulation - so you know what you are dealing with. Meaning that if you have no issues you may be able to let HCT go a little higher
4- get tested for sleep apnea - if you have SA, you may be able to reduce the effect of test on HCT by controling SA
5 - if you take an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure, consider switching to Losartan. It may elp lower HCT
6- Donate blood without tanking ferritin levels

kaipo

1- increase injecting frequency - may help lessen increase in HCT
2- consider sub Q injections- may help lessen increase in HCT
3- get genetic testing for coagulation - so you know what you are dealing with. Meaning that if you have no issues you may be able to let HCT go a little higher
4- get tested for sleep apnea - if you have SA, you may be able to reduce the effect of test on HCT by controling SA
5 - if you take an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure, consider switching to Losartan. It may elp lower HCT
6- Donate blood without tanking ferritin levels
Thank you for your help, will increasing frequency increase test level? What is sub Q injections? I will check on the SA. I was on lisinopril and just changed to losartan and I plan on donating blood once more before my next lab. When do you suggest I do my lab work in relations to donating blood? Thanks again!

Systemlord

Not sure how my E2 is measured. It’s hard for me to find a new doctor but I think I can convince him by improving my numbers with your help. My test cyp is 200mg/ml - new dosage is .375
Do you think I can do 50mg twice weekly?
Will that help my hematocrit level?

I think 50mg twice weekly is fine, but I'm uncertain if you even need an AI, I doubt you need 1mg as it's little much. Lean guys usually don't need AI's, obese men tend to need micro doses once or twice weekly until weight is dropped.

If in the US Defy Medical is an option, a telemedicine clinic with experienced doctors who know exactly what to do.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me