SHBH 41 22-77nmol/L
Total Testosterone lc/ms/ms 999 250-1100ng/dl
Free Testosterone 159.8H 35.0-155.0pg/ml
Estradiol ultra sensitive 25 <29pg/ml

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

I supplement with 25mg of DHEA, do y'all think I should reduce the dose to 10mg?
I think you could keep it the same at 25 mg or reduce it to 10 mg. You are slightly over the range so dropping the dose a bit and letting it come dome down won't hurt you any. I don't think a reduction like that will impact how you feel.

Nashtide

Can you post your complete protocol.
I'll be 57 next month. I'm very lean and I exercise regularly and eat a very healthy diet.
I inject 50mg of T cyp E3.5D
250iu of HCG twice weekly
0.1mg of adex at the same time as T shots
25mg of DHEA
That's my TRT protocol. I'm happy to list my supplements if anyone cares.

Nashtide

I think you could keep it the same at 25 mg or reduce it to 10 mg. You are slightly over the range so dropping the dose a bit and letting it come dome down won't hurt you any. I don't think a reduction like that will impact how you feel.
I'm thinking maybe lowering the dose might slightly reduce my E2 which might help me drop my AI altogether. OTOH, I don't want to mess with success.

M

MarkM

I'm thinking maybe lowering the dose might slightly reduce my E2 which might help me drop my AI altogether. OTOH, I don't want to mess with success.
Makes sense to try. I think if you can get off the AI your body will appreciate that down the road. However, you're right....it's hard to mess with something you feel like is working.

Vince

Super Moderator
Makes sense to try. I think if you can get off the AI your body will appreciate that down the road. However, you're right....it's hard to mess with something you feel like is working.

I agree with you about the AI, it probably would be better overall if estradiol levels were a little higher. Like you stated it's hard to mess with success or overthink something.

Nashtide

If you have a reasonable chance of eliminating the AI, and it seems very reasonable, I'd say to go for it. I'm a big fan of fewer moving parts.
Me too. I'm also a fan of taking the lowest dose possible of any med or supp that delivers good results. I've been taking DHEA since the beginning so I have no idea if it's helping me. It sounded like the benefits of taking it far outweighed the risks. Of course changing my protocol will mean more labs in the near future.

ratbag

Both my MD's keep my DHEA well above range and I also feel good on it. Dr.Crisler mandates 800mg daily of magnesium and he claims that helps to keep E2 under control. I used to have to take a lot of arimidex and then I started taking 600mg magnesium and now I'm down to .125mg arimidex twice a week.

Nashtide

Both my MD's keep my DHEA well above range and I also feel good on it. Dr.Crisler mandates 800mg daily of magnesium and he claims that helps to keep E2 under control. I used to have to take a lot of arimidex and then I started taking 600mg magnesium and now I'm down to .125mg arimidex twice a week.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of magnesium.

Your AI dose is so miniscule I can't imagine that would swing you one way or the other but in that same regard would be easy to eliminate it entirely and see how it goes, I think your E2 being closer to your SHBG might a good thing, perhaps. Something I'm working on.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me