My Urologist gave me saw palmetto last week

Buy Lab Tests Online

broker

My urologist noticed i have been retaining a little urine so in conjunction with flomax which I have been taking, he gave me 2 bottles of saw palmetto gel caps at NO charge. He says it works. Any opinion or experience?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

tropicaldaze1950

When I was younger(72, now)I had recurring prostatitis. The urologist I saw gave me antibiotics and told me to have more sex. I was single and women weren't throwing themselves at me, LOL. I used to frequent a health food store and the manager suggested saw palmetto. Why not? After a few days on it, maybe a week, I began having problems ejaculating. After another week of that, I concluded it was the saw palmetto. Decades later, on the Internet, I read that saw palmetto reduces DHT, which is critical for sexual function.

Now maybe other men have zero problems from it. It could be just me. Try it. You can always stop it.

broker

The fact that it affected your prostate probably means it actually works.
It seems like a natural way to reduce prostate size..
Did you have any prostate surgery for BPH ? Any treatments?

tropicaldaze1950

The fact that it affected your prostate probably means it actually works.
It seems like a natural way to reduce prostate size..
Did you have any prostate surgery for BPH ? Any treatments?
No. I was in my early 20's when I was experiencing non-bacterial prostatitis. Every man develops some degree of BPH. I just get a digital rectal at least once a year from my urologist who prescribes my testosterone. Never had voiding issues, so no opinion, other than caution with saw palmetto.

bixt

Saw palmetto = herbal finasteride. Unlike many herbal things, this stuff actually works well (which is not a great thing necessarily) . It inhibits the 5AR enzyme and therefore T -> DHT conversion.

When you inhibit endogenous DHT and at the same time if there is no other good androgenic stimulation (such as in a low T envoronment), bad things may happen.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me