Menopause: Understanding the Changes and Finding Relief (Part 2)

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

In Episode #256, I sit down with Professor Susan Davis, AO to answer your questions in the wake of our first menopause masterclass.

After my last conversation with Professor Davis, I’ve received hundreds of messages of support and thanks from The Proof community. I’ve also received many additional questions, with the community wanting to dig deeper into more specific circumstances. In this conversation, Professor Davis answers your questions to create an even more detailed picture of menopause.

Professor Susan R Davis AO is Director of Monash University’s Women’s Health Research Program; an NHMRC Senior Research Fellow; Consultant Endocrinologist and Head of the Women’s Endocrine Clinic, Alfred Hospital Melbourne; and a consultant at Cabrini Medical Centre. Her research has been pivotal in the understanding of sex hormones in women across the lifespan in multiple non-reproductive target tissues, including the brain (cognition, mood, and sexual function), cardiovascular system (lipids, vascular function, and coagulation), and other tissues (fat, muscle, joint cartilage, and bone).

In this episode, you’ll discover the answers to The Proof community’s most asked questions. We cover menopause misinformation and pseudo-experts, helping you navigate who to believe. We also discuss hormone replacement therapy (HRT), including how long to use it and how its use has changed over the years. Professor Davis provides insight into many menopause-related topics, including mental health and menopause, weight gain, endocrine disruptors, and much more.

Specifically, we cover:

00:00 - Intro
02:13 - Feedback from the Proof community
05:57 - Concerns about misleading health information about menopause
11:23 - Oral contraception and fertility
14:26 - Summary of Part 1: Navigating Menopause: Expert Insights and Solutions
20:31 - Hormone therapy for women over 50 and 60
24:11 - HRT and cognitive function
32:10 - Primary ovarian insufficiency (POI) and early menopause
41:34 - Amenorrhea, exercise, chronic stress, and menstrual health
46:14 - Health risks of early menopause
51:21 - Muscle and bone health
52:35 - Treatments for women with breast cancer and vasomotor symptoms
1:10:33 - Exercises that benefit bone health
1:13:37 - Night sweats and hot flashes
1:19:19 - Thyroid and menopause
1:20:18 - Adrenal fatigue and menopause
1:21:53 - Factors affecting women's mental health in menopause
1:27:01 - Menopause and weight gain
1:38:05 - Hormones, painful sex, hair loss, and adult acne
1:40:30 - Bioidentical hormones and compounded hormones
1:45:29 - Dietary patterns and menopausal symptoms
1:48:13 - Endocrine disruptors in everyday life
1:49:24 - Outro

I’m glad that so many people resonated with my first conversation with Professor Davis, finding Episode #245 helpful and validating. I hope this episode does the same, and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

To stay up to date with Professor Susan Davis’ research, you can head to the Monash University Women’s Health Research Program. There you’ll find new papers, research trials, and more. You can also connect on the Monash University Instagram and Facebook pages, ad Professor Davis’ Twitter. Make sure to check out the additional resources on menopause below.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching