Low T, High Prolactin- Adenoma ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

equel

Alright I need some help regarding my hormone test, I figured people on this very subreddit probably know alot about this and might help me out.

June this year I went to my doctor wanting to check my T levels cause of the usual symptoms: Low/non existent libido, very low motivation, low confidence, very low energy. And as a dude in his late 20s this was very concerning.
I got lab test back, reading:
Testosterone: 9.1nmol (ref 8.6-35)
SHGB: 20nmol (ref 10-80)
LH: 5.5 (ref 1.0 - 10.0)

Doc told me testosterone was within range hence shouldnt cause any problems, but he told me he could send me to a endocronolist if I wanted to talk more about it.
So he did.

I waited 4 months before I got an appointment, they also told me to take another blood test before the meeting, so I did.
Today I met the endocrinologist, she started asking me why I had wanted to check my levels so I explained to her all my symptoms, that I was slow in my head these days, very low energy, no/low libido, and all that.

She told me 9.1 testosterone was not good but still within range so it shouldnt cause any problems.
I asked her to see the result from my latest test, and I did, showing this:

Testosterone: 5.0nmol (ref 8.6-35nmol)
SHGB: 20nmol (ref 10-80)
LH: 6.6 (ref 1.0-10)
FSH: 2.0 (ref 1.0-10)
IGF-1: 228 (ref 90-280)

Also prolactin, which I cannot remember but it was little bit over the top, something similar to:
80-280 and I had like 290 or 300.

Anyway, she wanted me to take off my shirt, I did and she said: "alot of musculature, that doesnt happen with low testosterone" (I have been working out for like 8 years and I built the vaste majority in my teen years, nowadays I dont build nothing). She also listened to my heart and took my blood pressure, all was great.

Anyway, she told me: "I wont put you on TRT now, first I want to scan your brain, do a MRI (or something like that), she told me my low (but in range) FSH and somewhat high prolactin could mean I had a tumour in my brain.
Then she said bye and told me I will get an appointment for MRI scan within a couple of months.

So now Im home .. feeling like a shit at the moment, so I can cancer in my brain then? Feels very bad, cried a little afterwards but I guess its good to know why Ive felt so shitty for the last couple of years, I have almost no life what so ever no more cause I dont have the motivation for girls, for success or nothing at all, working a very low quality job and dont wanna do nothing with my life, VERY low drive.

Sos could anyone here maybe help me out? Is this stuff she said correct you think? What shall I do now ... just wait for my MRI I guess?

I was planning on going back to college in january but I seriously cant do it feeling like this, I was hoping I could get help with my testosterone til then but it doesnt look like that right now.

All help appreciated, thankyou all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
No need to panic.

Your prolactin is high and your T is low, so she wants to check for a pituitary adenoma to see if you have one that is producing prolactin. It is called a prolactinoma.

http://pituitary.ucla.edu/prolactinoma

Do you have vision issues? Headaches? Oozing from your nipples? Are you taking any medications now?

Most adenomas are small and can be treated with cabergoline. The larger ones can be removed by entering from the sinus cavity. But we are speculating at this point if you have one.

equel

You don't have cancer. No need to panic.

Your prolactin is high and your T is low, so she wants to check for a pituitary adenoma to see if you have one that is producing prolactin. It is called a prolactinoma.

http://pituitary.ucla.edu/prolactinoma

Do you have vision issues? Headaches? Oozing from your nipples? Are you taking any medications now?

Hello Vergel and thanks alot for your response!

No vision issues, no headaches (cant even remember when I had a headache), rarely ill, havent had a fever in years I think.

No oozing from nipples.

No medications, never been on any. Dont smoke, seldom drink. And as I said, blood pressure was great, heart great and all that, so Im 100% "healthy" apart from this.

Also used to be extremely active in my teenage years and early twenties before I got these problems, played sports, competed in judo etc.

Had these symptoms for almost all my twenties now, feels like Ive wasted them away lol but what can I do, atleast now I know the problem.

So no cancer then? Phew... almost felt like a death sentence when she told me I could have a tumor in my brain.

What I do not understand, however, is why my LH is pretty decent, but FSH is "low" - well, Its in range, theoretically, but its still in the low-end, while LH is in the middle.

Thanks alot Vergel, Its pretty difficult to get good help regarding male health these days it seems.

relax....part of this is just plain wrong, the administration of HRT. Someone else here had a Dr look at his torso and proclaim he had chest hair and his T was thus fine...just off the wall stff. But the MRI stuff is sound, she's looking for reasons for whats bothering you. High Prolactin can be a tumor on the pituitary, which is worth investigating. I'd let her do this MRI and get the results but for HRT I recommend you go elsewhere.

equel

relax....part of this is just plain wrong, the administration of HRT. Someone else here had a Dr look at his torso and proclaim he had chest hair and his T was thus fine...just off the wall stff. But the MRI stuff is sound, she's looking for reasons for whats bothering you. High Prolactin can be a tumor on the pituitary, which is worth investigating. I'd let her do this MRI and get the results but for HRT I recommend you go elsewhere.

I asked her If I could get some TRT til it was time for the MRI, which could take months, to maybe help me with my symptoms cause Im going back to uni this january and I cannot possibly function feeling like this.

She told me she wont help with any TRT now cause it could interfere with what she wanted to investigate with the MRI. She wants to see the MRI results first.

So I will probably wait with my uni studies till august next year instead, I cannot go there feeling like this, Im literally a zombie.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I asked her If I could get some TRT til it was time for the MRI, which could take months, to maybe help me with my symptoms cause Im going back to uni this january and I cannot possibly function feeling like this.

She told me she wont help with any TRT now cause it could interfere with what she wanted to investigate with the MRI. She wants to see the MRI results first.

So I will probably wait with my uni studies till august next year instead, I cannot go there feeling like this, Im literally a zombie.

If you do not have visual symptoms or headaches I doubt the alleged adenoma is large.

She could at least put you on 0.5 mg cabergoline while you wait for the MRI.

Read this in detail. You need to educate yourself.

Prolactin: Should Men with Erectile Dysfunction Be Tested ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me