Lipids / Iron / Ferritin Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

brookseth

Attached are my current bloods.
I’m taking 140mg Test E (split into 2 shots biweekly) - 750iu HCG (also split into 2) - and 30mg Anavar Daily. Also 2mg Tesamorelin 5x days a week

Should I be concerned about the things out of range? I think my HDL was near the top of the range before taking the Anavar - only been on it for about 2-3 weeks.

Also I just can’t seem to get my ferritin up - I’ve even tried the cycle of taking iron every 6 hours for 4-5 days. Still hovers in the same area

Attachments

• IMG_2925.png
    IMG_2925.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2924.png
    IMG_2924.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2923.png
    IMG_2923.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2926.png
    IMG_2926.png
    190 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

If the HCT slightly over the range bothers you, go to a lab company with a 51 or 52% cutoff. Go live at elevations above 3000 feet and you’ll get the similar HCT levels when not on TRT.

Low-grade inflammation is enough to disrupt iron metabolism.

brookseth

If the HCT slightly over the range bothers you, go to a lab company with a 51 or 52% cutoff. Go live at elevations above 3000 feet and you’ll get the similar HCT levels when not on TRT.

Low-grade inflammation is enough to disrupt iron metabolism.
HCT I’m not concerned about at all. Mostly the cholesterol

Jim Marlowe

I understand many posters are concerned about low Ferritin.
Is there a link to a post on here that explains that rationale? Because to me, a ferritin of 58 is great. The Ray Peat folks, Ivor Cummins, Dr. Eugene Weinberg, and Mercola all concur that high ferritin is indicative of serious issues. Anything over 300 and something is going on. Over 1,000 and cancer risk goes through the roof.

Not an issue here with OP I realize, but the concern when ferritin is low and Hemoglobin is low (very low at first, but then not so low?- Anemia of Chronic Disease | Iron Disorders Institute) then supplementing iron is the wrong thing to do.

Systemlord

Is there a link to a post on here that explains that rationale?
There is a concern when ferritin is low when they’re unexplained symptoms, that cannot be explained through more comprehensive testing. If the symptoms fit the bill of iron deficiency only then is there a concern.

Ferritin (<30 μg/L) is most sensitive and specific indicator of iron deficiency, although its pitfalls need to be taken into consideration. However, the ferritin concentration may be near to normal, while iron staining of a bone marrow aspiration sample is devoid of iron. Furthermore, in determining the iron status, it is essential not to rely only on results of a single test but to consider the whole picture.
The question of which ferritin concentration signifies clinically symptomatic iron deficiency has been raised 5, 6. Patients with true iron deficiency anemia on the basis of negative bone marrow iron staining may have a serum ferritin concentration close to 50 μg/L 7. Patients with the restless leg syndrome should be considered iron deficient when their ferritin concentration is <75 μg/L 8. Furthermore, patients with negative bone marrow iron stores have been shown to present with serum ferritin levels of close to 100 μg/L.
Because to me, a ferritin of 58 is great.
Not to me, I feel like dogsh** with ferritin below 80.

Last edited:

Jim Marlowe

There is a concern when ferritin is low when they’re unexplained symptoms, that cannot be explained through more comprehensive testing. If the symptoms fit the bill of iron deficiency only then is there a concern.

Not to me, I feel like dogsh** with ferritin below 80.
Thank you, Systemlord. My ferritin was 400 15 months ago. It's under 30 now, and I feel much better.

Jim Marlowe

I realize it is a view not universally shared, but here is Morley Robbins about ferritin:

"My take on reflecting upon my conversation with Dr. Kell, as well as after reading this stunner of an article:
  • Ferritin does not belong in the serum, it should only be found inside the cell where it does its work to support the ongoing need for cellular iron proteins and iron-sulfur clusters.
  • When ferritin does show up in the serum, it is a sign of pathophysiology, not a sign of “iron vitality!” This is a complete reversal of what we have been trained to believe."

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me