Labs before first consultation -----> TSH, T4, T3 and Reverse T3 inside as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hey all,

Below you will find the results from LabCorps. I have also added Hemoglobin A1c as my father was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. These will be before my first consultation at Defy.

A little about me (posted some in the Introduction section):

-30 years old, 6'1 184lbs
-African American (may have something to do with crap lipid profile due to genetics :()
-Originally went to Low T Center to have my T checked and was diagnosed with low T 256 ng/ml, but followed through with Defy after finding about this forum and doing some searching (thank god).
-I decided to get my T level checked because I become extremely unmotivated at times, I am pretty self-conscious about what I say to others, how I come across, my joints feel like crap, and I just overall feel "old" in the past year or two.
-I have been eating like crap for the past 6 weeks including drinking most of the week multiple times per day. I get into these routines where I am either all in or all out. Prior to this, I was going to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Class, working out 5 days per week, and tracking my diet on MyFitness Pal for like 4 months ensuring I got enough protein etc.

In addition to all the above, I feel like over the past year I've just been weaker. My joints and my ability to recover are not what they used to be, and I honestly do not believe it is CNS fatigue due to the workouts I was going though. All in all, I just found out that I am merely a small percentage of the way from being pre-diabetic, and I definitely do not want that. I need to clean my diet up again, stop yo-yo-ing, and get serious about my health because I am at the age where I can't just party all the time and need to consider longevity. Anyways enough ranting, below are my labs. Feel free to ask any questions.

7.14.18 bloods (1).jpg7.14.18 bloods (2).jpg

LINK TO PICTURES OF LAB RESULTS FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT SEE PICTURES:
1. http://imgur.com/a/KPv9E2v
2. https://imgur.com/a/ZHMHD5z

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Thanks for responding Vince..Do you mean I’m a good candidate based on the low T alone or was there other factors to make you say that?

Also, would you consider my SHBG Low? I figure it’s on the lower side so would I be a good candidate for higher gauge needles instead of harpoons with a more frequent injection?

Just tying to figure out all the questions I’ll want to ask during my consult.

Last edited:
M

MarkM

Thanks for responding Vince..Do you mean I’m a good candidate based on the low T alone or was there other factors to make you say that?

Also, would you consider my SHBG Low? I figure it’s on the lower side so would I be a good candidate for higher gauge needles instead of harpoons with a more frequent injection?

Just tying to figure out all the questions I’ll want to ask during my consult.

I believe Vince meant you would be a good candidate for TRT based on your testosterone levels and how you feel.You are just barely in the range at 279 TT which is very low and your free T is just barely in the range. Your E2 (Estradiol Sensitive) is very low. Starting TRT would increase this a little bit which would probably benefit you and might help your joint pain. If you do begin TRT I would not take an aromatase inhibitor like Arimidex or Anastrozole. You do not need anything to suppress your estradiol based off these labs. You won't want to take any type of AI until you have higher estradiol symptoms and you look like you are a long way from that.

Your SHBG is right in the middle and a protocol of twice weekly injections would probably work well for you. One large injection weekly does not work for most people unless one has high SHBG and yours is not high.

Based on these labs it does not look like you are pre-diabetic to me. Glucose levels look pretty good and you would need to be hitting 5.7 or higher on the A1C to be pre-diabetic but since diabetes in within our family you should continue monitoring it and get back on a better diet.

Were you fasted for 8 hours (or more) prior to your blood draw? I asked because of the A1C, and Creatinine (kidney) levels can appear elevated if you did not fast though your Glucose is in a good range.

M

MarkM

.................Also, would you consider my SHBG Low? I figure it’s on the lower side so would I be a good candidate for higher gauge needles instead of harpoons with a more frequent injection?.......

The level of SHBG has nothing to do with needle size. No need to use a harpoon unless you have very high body fat. Most of us use a 27g to 29 g 1/2" needle. It works well for SubQ or IM injections.

Were you fasted for 8 hours (or more) prior to your blood draw? I asked because of the A1C, and Creatinine (kidney) levels can appear elevated if you did not fast though your Glucose is in a good range.

I fasted for 12 hours prior to the test, nothing but water.

What can I do about creatinine levels? I know the A1C level is high, but I believe that has to do with my crappy diet (major carbs and redlined flour) for the past 6 weeks.

I definitely do not want to have kidney issues/stones though.

Edit: Read that high creatinine levels could be due to being dehydrated. I’ve been drinking alcohol on a regular basis and haven’t been drinking a lot of water. This will definately change now!

Last edited:
I believe Vince meant you would be a good candidate for TRT based on your testosterone levels and how you feel.You are just barely in the range at 279 TT which is very low and your free T is just barely in the range. Your E2 (Estradiol Sensitive) is very low. Starting TRT would increase this a little bit which would probably benefit you and might help your joint pain.

Thank you for the detailed response. I will be really happy if my joint pain is relieved as I feel like everything pops, grinds, and needs wd40.

And I’ll definately get my diet gong in the right direction. I’m SO glad I found this forum and found a possible solution to my issues!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me