Lab Results with lower testosterone dose

Buy Lab Tests Online

richard1961

I am a 58 y/o that has been on HRT therapy for the last 6 years. I have been dosing at 1cc Cypionate for that time with no issues. Recently was shuffled to another Urologist in the group that I go to and the Dr. lowered my dose to 1/2cc per week. He said that they have never had a patient on 1cc a week and that I could damage my heart, liver, etc., if I took that much weekly. I then informed him that the Dr. that I used to see in their group was the one who had no problem with the dose. So yesterday I had labs drawn for an appointment next week and the Dr's. office called me to tell me that my Testosterone was >1500ng and the Dr. suspects that I am taking more than prescribed. But I am not!!! I have never been this high? Usually run around 350 - 500 with 1cc per week, but no clue why it's so high with 1/2cc. And I don't really feel much from this dose. On 1cc I felt great in the gym, and never had issues. Is the >1500 a fluke, or should I go to an actual HRT Dr. and stop seeing the Urologist?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I have been dosing at 1cc Cypionate for that time with no issues.

This isn't a dosage, this is the volume of Test, dosages are in milligrams.

An example: I inject 100mg or 1ml from a 100mg/10ml vial. If I was injecting from a 200mg/5ml vial, 100mg would be .5ml.

He said that they have never had a patient on 1cc a week and that I could damage my heart, liver, etc., if I took that much weekly.

You will find most doctors to be inadequate in TRT knowledge, most make statements that cannot stand up to actual truth. Testosterone is cardioprotective, so then low testosterone is less cardioprotective.

The truth is every patient will be different in how much testosterone that can handle, genetics plays a big part, imagine a world where everyone is biochemically unique.

Usually run around 350 - 500 with 1cc per week, but no clue why it's so high with 1/2cc.

These levels are suboptimal, you should seek the assistance of someone who is trained in hormones, manage healthcare doctors are often clueless. The private sector seems to be where all the experienced TRT doctors practice medicine, often refusing to take insurance.

Last edited:

Gman86

Could be a fluke, but I feel like labs mess up less than we think. How often are you injecting each week? Was ur labs drawn after the exact amount of days post injection as when you were on 1cc? I’m assuming ur using cypionate, and 1cc equals 200mg.

Were you using just testosterone when you felt good on 1cc? Any HCG or ai? Are you currently using the same brand of testosterone?

richard1961

Just using Cypionate that I purchase at Walgreens. I inject on Saturdays, always, and my labs were drawn yesterday 7/22/19. No HCG or anything else. Just never had my Testosterone this high.

You can't shoot on a Saturday and then have blood drawn on a Monday, of course your TT looks astronomical, that's not how you do this, at all. Trough...always do a blood draw for tests right before your next injection.

Gman86

Just using Cypionate that I purchase at Walgreens. I inject on Saturdays, always, and my labs were drawn yesterday 7/22/19. No HCG or anything else. Just never had my Testosterone this high.

Why would you have your labs drawn yesterday? You're supposed to draw them at your trough, which for you would be saturday morning before your injection. Which day of the week were your labs drawn when your total T came back >1500?

richard1961

They were drawn yesterday, just 2 days after my injection and this is when I received the >1500ng result. My Urologist was the one that ordered these, and they know when I inject. As I said in my original post, I have recently been transferred to his care as my originalk Urologist retired. I suspect that he is clueless and I need to find a true HRT Dr.

Gman86

Oh wow, you got your results quick!. But ya, there's your answer right there. You had labs drawn at your peak. What's your SHBG level?

Also, which day did you usually have your labs drawn when you were on 1cc/ week?

Ronnny

Check the bottle. There are two kind Cypionate available. 200 mg/ml and 100 mg/ml.

May be you were using 100 mg/ml before, and now using 200 mg/ml.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me