Lab Results - 851 Test, low free test

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
@tareload Yes I understand what you're saying. It can be very confusing. I can only post what works for me. I've been supplementing with magnesium and zinc/copper for many years. I would say one of my issues would be. I've never had a protocol that I didn't feel great on. The only reason I went to daily injections was to lower my HCT. Which was some reason did work for me and does not work for everyone. I wonder how many people really have issues with TRT?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

For the purpose of persuasion it would also be nice to be able to inject some SHBG and then take measurements every few days as the serum level drops to baseline. However, this may be more complicated than it sounds, starting with just obtaining some pharma-grade SHBG. Then I wonder if there would there be any problems with IM or SC injection versus the ideal IV administration? How large is the initial transient effect and how long does it last? Would the suppression of endogenous SHBG production have any confounding effects?
Now that is a cool experiment with IV administration.

If you are going to this trouble you would need respected lab/group to collaborate and of course write up the whole thing.

Best I can do is the small contribution again repeating the 17AA AAS experiment with proper lab assays. Obvious assumption is stanozolol only affects SHBG and does not affect free testosterone absorption/effective elimination rates which determine FT level at a fixed exogenous T dose.

Thanks for feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

madman

Super Moderator
I agree that your high shbg is lowering in your free testosterone. Make sure your magnesium levels are good and I will consider a low carb diet. It should help raise your free testosterone.

Key points:

*Physiological effects of androgens depend on different factors such as the number of androgen molecules, distribution of androgens and their metabolites inside the cell, interaction with the receptors, polyglutamine number of the amino-acid sequence in the androgen receptor, and receptor activation (Palazzolo et al. 2008). In order to achieve sufficient exposure to androgens in target tissues, their peripheral and local levels must be well balanced and the transport mechanisms must be in place. Obviously, production and clearance/excretion rates must be in balance as well. The action of androgens in target cells depends on the amount of steroid which can penetrate into the cells, the extent of metabolic conversions within the cells, the interactions with the receptor proteins, and, finally, upon the action of the androgen receptors at the genomic level. Unless mentioned specifically, this chapter refers to human data. It provides a timely overview of this topic and focuses on Leydig cells, regulation of Leydig cell function, steroidogenesis, transport and metabolism of testosterone, and genomic/non-genomic androgen actions. For more detailed and extensive descriptions on the various topics, the reader may also find the book The Leydig Cell in Health and Disease edited by Payne and Hardy (2007) useful

*In normal, healthy men with an intact hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis, an increase in plasma concentrations of SHBG leads to an acute decrease of free testosterone and simultaneous stimulation of testosterone synthesis, persisting until the achievement of normal concentrations

*About 1.5–2% of serum testosterone is free and is believed to represent bioactive testosterone. Free and protein-bound testosterone and DHT are in equilibrium so that when the free hormone is subtracted from circulation because of entry into the tissue, new testosterone dissociates from albumin and SHBG, a new equilibrium is promptly reached, and the free-hormone concentration in serum remains constant. Conversely, pathophysiological conditions causing changes in binding protein concentration (e.g. pregnancy, hypo or hyperthyroidism, growth hormone (GH) excess, treatment with antiepileptic drugs) or displacement of testosterone from SHBG by drugs (e.g. danazol) results in changes in total testosterone concentration in order to maintain constant free testosterone levels

madman

Super Moderator
Free Hormones and the Physiological State

Overt reduction in gland function or stimulation leads to reduced TH and FH plasma concentrations, and conversely, excess gland stimulation or ectopic hormone production leads to increased concentrations of TH and FH (Table 1). In health, the hypothalamic-pituitary-end organ axes promote homeostasis by adjusting TH and binding protein concentrations to optimize FH concentrations needed for physiological demands. Therefore, TH and FH ratios are impacted when physiological states influence binding protein concentration or affinity for the target hormone (10). Binding protein excess or deficiency, structural variants, or altered binding affinity in some cases could be compensated, to allow for normal concentrations of FHs (15). Table 1 also depicts how conditions other than those affecting primary or secondary endocrine glands, such as pregnancy, renal insufficiency, obesity, liver disease, aging, and malnourishment, influence binding protein concentration, function, and the hormone metabolism, often result in altered FH concentrations and pathologic changes.

Medication Influence on Free Hormone Concentrations

Medications may directly influence the production or suppression of hormones by their direct (i.e., on-target) influence on a specific endocrine signaling axis (Table 2). TH and FH concentrations adjust appropriately to these medications when the endocrine axis is intact as the body alters the production of binding proteins to adequately compensate (6). Medications can also have an indirect (i.e., off-target) influence on TH and FH concentrations, often by their influence on the principal binding protein, either by altering protein expression or binding affinity (70). Transient fluctuations of FH can occur in vivo based on drug dosage, drug-specific pharmacokinetics, and timing of administration. It is prudent to interpret test results considering the medications administered to the patient and time of specimen collection (71). When FH concentrations in these individuals do not correlate with clinical findings, assay specific limitations, and preanalytical factors should be considered.

*In vitro measurements of FHs provide a glimpse into the dynamic hormone equilibrium in vivo: that is, continually adapting to acute physiologic demands or disturbances due to a particular physiologic state, a binding protein abnormality, or medication use. However, FH measurements correlate with physiological hormone effects and are a standard clinical tool for the assessment of thyroxine, sex hormone, and cortisol status.

coolrunnings222

The creatinine is kind of high. Do you eat a lot of meat, take a lot of creatine supplement, or protein shakes?

Note to others: notice how the Free Testosterone(Direct) has yet again wrong units: it should be ng/dL not pg/mL (1 pg/mL = 0.1 ng/dL). This a repeating theme with the immunoassays.
Yes, so I've been taking a lot of creatine supplements and stopped taking them three weeks ago. My docotor reccomended I stop taking the supplments and retest so I'm going to do that soon. I eat a combination of red meat, chicken, salmon, bass, shrimp, and lamb. I try to buy meat that is from grass fed cows or more organic and wild sources. I'm not taking any whey protein at the moment as I believe the best source of protein is from whole foods and animals.
Your trig/hdl-c ratio is excellent. NMR lipid panel should confirm your lipid particle counts are also excellent. Well done!

Stay away from exogenous Test with your numbers (don't break what ain't broken).
Thank you! I'm trying to reduce the amount of added sugar I'm taking in my diet now. I didn't realize how much sugar was in the kombucha I drink. However, I do not drink any sodas or surgery drinks.

Thank you all for your input! I appreciate it!

T

tareload

Note to others: notice how the Free Testosterone(Direct) has yet again wrong units: it should be ng/dL not pg/mL (1 pg/mL = 0.1 ng/dL). This a repeating theme with the immunoassays.
The units are correct. I have covered this many times here and on TNation.

T

tareload

Nothing applies except maybe 12, and none of that could be construed as advertising.
Thanks for your feedback. Yes you are right I was advertising my posts; did the same with yours over there LOL!! Part of the reason I got banned. Tnation should pay you royalties.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me