Ketoconazole 2%

Buy Lab Tests Online

MG123

Hello,

Lately, I have been suffering from androgenic alopecia. I have been using liquid minoxidil 5% topically twice daily for a few weeks. I got my PCP to call in ketoconazole 2% shampoo for me. The studies that I have read have it being used only a couple times a week and not every day. Is this the preferred way to use it? Also do you leave it in a for five minutes before washing it out?

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Ive thought of asking my Dermatologist for the 2% Nizoral but the 1% seems to work pretty well, in fact, my barber keeps telling me my hair is thicker recently which may coincide with having treated my DHT. That's after a solid year of using it twice per day. I wash once, and apply a second time and let that sit while I wash the rest of my body, about 5 minutes. I still get some acne on the scalp.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I use generic Rogaine foam and wash with 1 % ketoconazole (Nizoral) shampoo daily. I let it soak for 5 min while I shave in the shower.

Fireproof

Ive thought of asking my Dermatologist for the 2% Nizoral but the 1% seems to work pretty well, in fact, my barber keeps telling me my hair is thicker recently which may coincide with having treated my DHT. That's after a solid year of using it twice per day. I wash once, and apply a second time and let that sit while I wash the rest of my body, about 5 minutes. I still get some acne on the scalp.

Care to elaborate on "treated my DHT"? Did you reduce it for purposes of minimizing hair loss? If so how and what were before and after DHT values?

I needed to raise my DHT, it was repeatedly tested at about 45% of lab values, now I'm up to max lab values. In fact waiting on new test results now.

Its a daily thing for me. When I don't put it on and have a blood draw, I'm @ 39, (where I started). When I put it on two hours pre-test, I'm in the 79-105 range (max lab value is 79). it's a 25mg compounded cream that is in addition to my Cyp injections.

Fireproof

I needed to raise my DHT, it was repeatedly tested at about 45% of lab values, now I'm up to max lab values. In fact waiting on new test results now.

Oh okay. I had incorrectly assumed high DHT was causing hair loss and you adjusted it down. Thanks for the info. Interesting that you need to manage yours up...

Re-Ride

Grateful is someone will post the prescriber indications for Keto so I can link my doc. I thought I read that if not on TRT keto will depress your axis. I have tubes of cream. Can I apply some of that?

MG123

Grateful is someone will post the prescriber indications for Keto so I can link my doc. I thought I read that if not on TRT keto will depress your axis. I have tubes of cream. Can I apply some of that?

Ketoconazole 2% shampoo is considered off-label for the treatment of androgenic alopecia.

Markee

I'm also struggling with gradual hair loss and always looking for any new working alternative treatments or anything I might be missing to help stop,slowdown or reverse it.
For yrs already I've been using this below link brand of 2% Ketoconazole shampoo I grab the stuff off ebay washing my hair a few times a-week and letting it soak in for like 5min.
Wondering if anyone actually gets noticeable results from this kind of stuff I been using it for years but still slowly loosing my hair ?
Maybe theirs a different 2% brand out there someone really likes they can point me worth trying instead ?
also I'm using the generic minoxidil foam for many many yrs.this stuff helps but not a cure to all .
Wondering if theirs any better products or anything else i can be doing to get better results ?

In my last set of blood work i had done just a couple of months ago my DHT was high
dihydrotestosterone

[TD="class: alternatingRow ccrItemText"][/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow LabCorpCCRItemText"][/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow LabCorpCCRItemText"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow ccrItemText"]ng/dL[/TD]

Does high blood DHT levels have an affect on hair loose ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ketomac-Ant...989344?hash=item3604a273e0:g:jOcAAOSwM4xXaP1P

CoastWatcher

I'm also struggling with gradual hair loss and always looking for any new working alternative treatments or anything I might be missing to help stop,slowdown or reverse it.
For yrs already I've been using this below link brand of 2% Ketoconazole shampoo I grab the stuff off ebay washing my hair a few times a-week and letting it soak in for like 5min.
Wondering if anyone actually gets noticeable results from this kind of stuff I been using it for years but still slowly loosing my hair ?
Maybe theirs a different 2% brand out there someone really likes they can point me worth trying instead ?
also I'm using the generic minoxidil foam for many many yrs.this stuff helps but not a cure to all .
Wondering if theirs any better products or anything else i can be doing to get better results ?

In my last set of blood work i had done just a couple of months ago my DHT was high
dihydrotestosterone

[TD="class: alternatingRow ccrItemText"][/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow LabCorpCCRItemText"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow ccrItemText"]ng/dL
[/TD]

Does high blood DHT levels have an affect on hair loose ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ketomac-Ant...989344?hash=item3604a273e0:g:jOcAAOSwM4xXaP1P

DHR levels do impact hair (and its loss). Here is a recent post on hair-loss that is a good overview.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-What-You-Need-to-Know&highlight=hair+empower

Fireproof

I've read that the original purpose of the Keto was for dandruff and the frequency to address that was 2-3 times per week.

But for hair loss, the general recommendation is to use it daily!

Markee

Unfortunately it seems theirs still not many real time working solutions out there just alot of so called snake oil salesmen selling there super high priced unproven compounded pharmacy mixes and high priced treatments

The one thing that works Finasteride is the stuff that messed me up in the first place

I've read that the original purpose of the Keto was for dandruff and the frequency to address that was 2-3 times per week.

But for hair loss, the general recommendation is to use it daily!

Markee

Washing my hair everyday with the stuff that sounds like something worth trying
Never really washed my hair every day through out my life that alone might make it fall out even more :)

is there a different better 2% brand people around here are using ?

Last edited:

Fireproof

In the United States - the 2% is only available by prescription. Unless of course you buy from overseas supplier through eBay like you did. But then I'm not sure about the quality. Maybe others here have a good non-Rx source for it...

Markee

Honestly you can't be sure of the quality of the stuff you get here also I don't think anyone's really checking it and most is make over seas anyways :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me