Just started with defy

Buy Lab Tests Online

SAB

Hello all , longtime lurker and wanted to say what a great forum. A little background for the last 3 years I have been doing 50mg x 2 a week. This has kept my T levels around 600-750 and my sensative E2 around 30-35. My main complaints are weak erectile function and moodiness. BTW I am 36 years old. So I saw Dr. Saya and he was great. He set me on a regimen of T 60mg x 2 a week , 4unit of HCG x 2 a week. , and .25mg of anaztrozole x 2 a week. My question I did my first complete regimen this week and noticed increased urination and some sweating spells. Along with feeling a little off. I know it is to soon to tell but would this be normal? I am assuming it is the anaztrozole lowering estradiol. As I weigh myself daily at the same time of the day, I lost about 3.5lbs in 2 days. Does it take a minute for the body to adjust to lower estradiol. I am nervous of going to low , but We both thought I may be sensative to E2. Some times I get a odd itch on my left nipple and I also had a small lump as well. Which my GP had a ultrasound and a mammogram done. The reports stated possible early signs of gyno.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Youll have a bit of a bumpy ride as you adjust, there were some significant changes made in your protocol so stick with it and get those labs in ~6 weeks. I know Defy says 90 days but you can get your own labs and be more informed.

SAB

Thanks for the reply, does E2 come down that fast? Just real curious about the increased urination and odd sweating out of no where.

ERO

Anastrozole can lower your E2 quickly. If you are curious use Discounted Labs and check your levels in another week or two. You need to wait the 4-6 weeks for your body to fully adjust, but it wont hurt to check things now to be sure your E2 is not tanked into single digits.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. You have, indeed, made significant changes to your protocol and your body is going to react and adjust to those changes over time. You may be experiencing a lowering of your estradiol, I experienced that through dose and schedule manipulation; Anastrozole would likely accelerate that process. It will be interesting to see where it settles on your current regimen. As Vince Carter and ERO noted, I would self-test all levels in six weeks.

Good luck.

I believe E2 will decrease from anastrozole pretty quickly, I want to say about 24-48 hours. I am not 100% positive on that, but I do recall many anecdotal(for what that's worth) experiences of other guys posting that after having high E2, anastrozole made them feel better in a day or 2.

I'm surprised that Dr. saya gave you an AI when your E2 was pretty much spot on, most people shoot for a T/E2 ratio of 20. I have full faith that Dr. saya knows what he's doing. Maybe call Defy, let them know your concerns?

They're pretty good at working with you, although I don't think you'll be able to speak to Dr. Saya without an appointment, I haven't needed to ask Dr. saya anything yet. All of the questions I've had were pretty easily answered by the MA.

Fireproof

I'm surprised that Dr. saya gave you an AI when your E2 was pretty much spot on, most people shoot for a T/E2 ratio of 20. I have full faith that Dr. saya knows what he's doing. Maybe call Defy, let them know your concerns?

He was already at 30-35. Which is the high end of the 20-35 range they typically like to see. And then he was increasing Test dosage by 20mg/week and also adding 800 iu of HCG. One would expect his e2 to climb above current level, based on those changes. So adding a small dose of AI doesn't seem out of line to me.

He was already at 30-35. Which is the high end of the 20-35 range they typically like to see. And then he was increasing Test dosage by 20mg/week and also adding 800 iu of HCG. One would expect his e2 to climb above current level, based on those changes. So adding a small dose of AI doesn't seem out of line to me.

^^ This is exactly true...in addition to the fact that SAB seems to be very sensitive to upper range E2 levels so a slightly more aggressive approach is warranted.

SAB- the changes you are noticing may in fact be signs your estradiol is creeping a bit too low, but also often occur as the body simply acclimates to lower estradiol levels. The body does take some time (typically at least 4-5 weeks) to truly balance out with changes in a regimen. The only way to truly know is to check labs, as members have noted, but wait at least 4-5 weeks to obtain accurate data.

Another note to our patients, ANY of our patients can order labs at ANY time simply by contacting the office. I have never said "no" to a patient wanting to be proactive and order labs (even "early" or outside of the standard lab follow-up timeline). The standard follow-up lab timeline is just a guideline (and a cap on the UPPER limit of when we require labs), early labs are ALWAYS okay with me (given the 4-5 week wait after adjustments) especially if there are any signs/symptoms to warrant an early check.

SAB

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was just concerned a little because I never lost that much water before and the sweating spells are a little odd. Are there any other triggers I should look for that would point to low e2? I know Dr Saya stated sore joints was one. Also A big thanks to Dr. Saya , I have never had a Doctor be so infomative and listen to what I had to say.

Also good note about labs Dr. Saya to be able to request early from Defy

Labs from Defy are easy, my insurance has a "Lab Card" that is honored by Quest. I ask for a list of labs, Defy writes me a script (no charge), and I take it and get blood drawn. Depending on your finances, or insurance if you're lucky enough, you can get all the labs you want. Discountedlabs has great prices.

SAB

On a side note , How long does it take to start to notice erectile function benifits from lower E2 if it were high. Also the same goes if it goes to low , when do you notice a decrease in erectile function?

PAUL-E

everyone's a little different my self I would notice changes within one to two weeks, there are a lot of factors however like how far off you where what AI and how you respond. they say it takes about 4-6 week to stabilize

^^ This is exactly true...in addition to the fact that SAB seems to be very sensitive to upper range E2 levels so a slightly more aggressive approach is warranted.

SAB- the changes you are noticing may in fact be signs your estradiol is creeping a bit too low, but also often occur as the body simply acclimates to lower estradiol levels. The body does take some time (typically at least 4-5 weeks) to truly balance out with changes in a regimen. The only way to truly know is to check labs, as members have noted, but wait at least 4-5 weeks to obtain accurate data.

Another note to our patients, ANY of our patients can order labs at ANY time simply by contacting the office. I have never said "no" to a patient wanting to be proactive and order labs (even "early" or outside of the standard lab follow-up timeline). The standard follow-up lab timeline is just a guideline (and a cap on the UPPER limit of when we require labs), early labs are ALWAYS okay with me (given the 4-5 week wait after adjustments) especially if there are any signs/symptoms to warrant an early check.

I am sorry for second guessing what you are doing, I hope I didn't come across as thinking I know more than you!

It's great to know that you are fine with patients requesting labs at anytime, as I am a patient. I kind of sensed that you would have that mindset regarding patients and labs.

I can attest to Defy honoring what Dr saya said, I scheduled a follow up, and when asking about labs I asked if a few vitamin panels could be added to the follow up labs. Absolutely no problem there.

On a side note , How long does it take to start to notice erectile function benifits from lower E2 if it were high. Also the same goes if it goes to low , when do you notice a decrease in erectile function?

More experienced people, claim, to be rather intuitive and dose themselves with Anastrozole based on night/morning erections but I think that that comes with a great deal of experience and a long amount of time reaching a stable point that only needs small tweaks. Again you really can't judge anything at this point, getting going and being consistent and getting labs is job 1 right now.

trt4me

For me I know that 2 weeks is enough for me to do labs for e2 adjustments.
Only issue is you have to think that even at that 2 weeks I could still be going down on e2 and over shoot it so I have learned to keep a log of everything and go by feel.
But you have to start somewhere and it seems your in a good spot.
.25 x2 week Ana took my e2 from 42 to 20 and a very similar protocol.

SAB

For me I know that 2 weeks is enough for me to do labs for e2 adjustments.
Only issue is you have to think that even at that 2 weeks I could still be going down on e2 and over shoot it so I have learned to keep a log of everything and go by feel.
But you have to start somewhere and it seems your in a good spot.
.25 x2 week Ana took my e2 from 42 to 20 and a very similar protocol.

So are things for you better at 20 than 42 on the E2 level?

I am sorry for second guessing what you are doing, I hope I didn't come across as thinking I know more than you!

Absolutely no worries johndoesmith! I didn't even come close to taking it that way. BTW, second guessing is a good thing...that's what brought most of the members to this forum - second guessing their doctor/treatment and deciding to educate and empower themselves.

Absolutely no worries johndoesmith! I didn't even come close to taking it that way. BTW, second guessing is a good thing...that's what brought most of the members to this forum - second guessing their doctor/treatment and deciding to educate and empower themselves.

That's great to hear, honestly. It's so hard to find a doctor that can even listen, let alone handle a patient questioning them. I'm glad I chose defy.

trt4me

So are things for you better at 20 than 42 on the E2 level?
I think I do better around 25 or so but at some point you know by feel unless you get constant labs. But yes I feel better when in lower than 30. Also I believe the test to e ratio can matter.
Also it helps with acne greatly for me which is a huge indicator for me that my e2 is high, test is low or the ration is off.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me