Is it normal to feel like this when you have low testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

equel

I have 5 and 6nmol (ref 8.6-35nmol)

Angst when Im gonna do something the next day, general anxiety, always in a semi-depressed state when nothing is fun or interesting, Ive lost interest in all hobbies and I just feel like Im walking around "numb" and in a zombie state.

Pretty bad sleep, insomnia, no night or morning erections, extremely low libido.
I feel intellectually that I wanna succeed in life and accomplish things, but on an emotional level I just cannot muster up the energy behind it and it feels like "whatever".
Anyone with low T who feels this way?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I have 5 and 6nmol (ref 8.6-35nmol)

Angst when Im gonna do something the next day, general anxiety, always in a semi-depressed state when nothing is fun or interesting, Ive lost interest in all hobbies and I just feel like Im walking around "numb" and in a zombie state.

Pretty bad sleep, insomnia, no night or morning erections, extremely low libido.
I feel intellectually that I wanna succeed in life and accomplish things, but on an emotional level I just cannot muster up the energy behind it and it feels like "whatever".
Anyone with low T who feels this way?

You described many of the typical symptoms of hypogonadism. It's a miserable situation to be in. Your lab test, the only one you posted, indicates you are clearly hypogonadal. You have posted here before - what is your current situation? Are you being evaluated for TRT?

Last edited:

equel

You described bed many of the typical symptoms of hypogonadism. It's a miserable situation to be in. Your lab test, the only one you posted, indicates you are clearly hypogonadal. You have posted here before - what is your current situation? Are you being evaluated for TRT?

Hello.
Im waiting for another apointment with another endocrinologist, not sure how long it will take but hopefully only a couple of weeks.

Yes I feel very very bad, I can cry for no reasons at all and I get negative thoughts, literally zero self assurance left in me and everything looks grey. If I didnt have family, like mother, brother etc and think of I would probably be suicidal by now, but I wont ever commit suicide but thats how I feel.

Im a reasonable young guy in my late twenties and it feels like life is just running away and i can not do nothing about it, again, intellectually I feel like I "should" do alot of stuff but I just dont care about it on an emotional level, very weird situation.

CoastWatcher

Hello.
Im waiting for another apointment with another endocrinologist, not sure how long it will take but hopefully only a couple of weeks.

Yes I feel very very bad, I can cry for no reasons at all and I get negative thoughts, literally zero self assurance left in me and everything looks grey. If I didnt have family, like mother, brother etc and think of I would probably be suicidal by now, but I wont ever commit suicide but thats how I feel.

Im a reasonable young guy in my late twenties and it feels like life is just running away and i can not do nothing about it, again, intellectually I feel like I "should" do alot of stuff but I just dont care about it on an emotional level, very weird situation.

First of all, please, suicide is never an answer to a problem - particularly this problem, hypogonadism. It is a medical issue that, with the right care, can be overcome. With such a low testosterone level, and reading your description of how you feel, I believe it likely that you have very low estradiol levels. Low estradiol is another ticket to misery...but it will respond to TRT. As testosterone rises, so does estradiol.

If you have additional test results, please post them. You'd be pleased, I think, with the discussion that would follow. Where do you live, and do you have confidence in the medical care you have access to?

swellco

Man nothing is worth suicide. Don't even make it a factor. Your life will get better. Get treatment as soon as possible. And again, try to squash those negative thoughts. I wish you the best.

Hello.

I have been there, and know that it does get better. There isn't a person in the world who would say you're not hypogonadal.

Rest assured you've most likely found your problem. This isn't you, this isn't how life is supposed to feel. I spent so long thinking everyone feels like shit all the time. I'm here to tell you that's NOT how it is. PERIOD.

Suicide will not solve this, and I had a family member kill themselves. I also did want to die before treatment, again, just like how you described. Not actively suicidal, but I wouldn't care if a truck hit me.

I'd urge you to insist upon a decent amount of labs being ran.

equel

First of all, please, suicide is never an answer to a problem - particularly this problem, hypogonadism. It is a medical issue that, with the right care, can be overcome. With such a low testosterone level, and reading your description of how you feel, I believe it likely that you have very low estradiol levels. Low estradiol is another ticket to misery...but it will respond to TRT. As testosterone rises, so does estradiol.

If you have additional test results, please post them. You'd be pleased, I think, with the discussion that would follow. Where do you live, and do you have confidence in the medical care you have access to?

Hi again
I dont have more test results than those I posted in teh other thread. Like, testosterone was 5-6, shbg around 20, prolactin 300 (range 150-450). My TSH t3 and t4 was "good" my endo said but I havent seen the actual results of that.

Yeah I wont commit suicide, just the feeling I have but I know the feeling is the result of something so I wont submit to it (low testosterone in this case, most likely).

I live in Sweden, and no I do absolutely not have any confidence in my medical care as they usually see testosterone as the devil hormone in this country. As I said in the other thread, my endo accused me of using steroids to push down my testosterone levels (despite my LH being perfectly normal), so she refered me to another endocrinologist for a "second opinion", thats the meeting im waiting for now.

equel

Man nothing is worth suicide. Don't even make it a factor. Your life will get better. Get treatment as soon as possible. And again, try to squash those negative thoughts. I wish you the best.

Hello
Thanks yeah, I know, on a rational level its just bullshit and Im I know 100% its the fact my hormones are ****ed up now so I cant think clearly and just think very emotional. Cried last week, cried 2 days ago and I was about to cry again tonight, just out of nowhere and all these weird negative thoughts keep attacking me, you start thinking that there is no hope and there is no future for you and all that stuff. Again, even despite I rationally know this is the result of something.

equel

I have been there, and know that it does get better. There isn't a person in the world who would say you're not hypogonadal.

Rest assured you've most likely found your problem. This isn't you, this isn't how life is supposed to feel. I spent so long thinking everyone feels like shit all the time. I'm here to tell you that's NOT how it is. PERIOD.

Suicide will not solve this, and I had a family member kill themselves. I also did want to die before treatment, again, just like how you described. Not actively suicidal, but I wouldn't care if a truck hit me.

I'd urge you to insist upon a decent amount of labs being ran.

Hello
yeah thats exactly how you feel, Its not like I actively wanna suicide but its more "I really dont care if i die now, hit by a car? great" lol.

I think back on when I didnt have this problem and its like i was an entirely different person. Driven, happy, good thoughts, nothing could touch me, felt strong and alive and wanted to do stuff all teh time.

Ive probably gone arounsd with semi/very low T for a couple of years now. Lost contact with most of my friends, isolated myself socially, only time part jobs which are of low qualification despite Im a pretty reasonable intelligent guy.

Thank god I actually decided to check my hormones april last year, for the first time. I went for like 2 years thinking this was "normal" or something, like "everyone is in a rut sometimes" and all that stuff.

zojo360

I also felt like you prior to TRT. Keep at it. You are aware of your situation and that is good. So many things in life can cause us to feel defeated. Don't give in. Things will get better.

I thought I was going to live the rest of my life in a state of barely existing. The person back then could never have imagined the person writing these words now.

Stay strong friend...

CSI007

You pretty much described how I have felt for the past several years - until I started seeking an answer and started treatment(s). Find a good doc and move forward with some kind of treatment plan!

equel

Update: Tomorrow Im having my appointment with the new endo I got refered to as a "second opinion". This time its a lady aswell (I have no idea why they keep sending me to women when its a male issue lol), anyway do u know anything i can use as an argument if she tells me "im too muscular to be lacking testosterone" as the other female endo said?

Bare in mind, im not especially muscular at all, like 38cm arm and 90-100kg 1 rep max bench on a very good day, and Ive been working out for like 13 years.

Thankyou

Leesto

Update: Tomorrow Im having my appointment with the new endo I got refered to as a "second opinion". This time its a lady aswell (I have no idea why they keep sending me to women when its a male issue lol), anyway do u know anything i can use as an argument if she tells me "im too muscular to be lacking testosterone" as the other female endo said?

Bare in mind, im not especially muscular at all, like 38cm arm and 90-100kg 1 rep max bench on a very good day, and Ive been working out for like 13 years.

Thankyou

If she already has that fixed opinion then run. Maybe you could convince her with a sound argument, but do you really want a doctor who makes such reckless and unsound judgments?

equel

If she already has that fixed opinion then run. Maybe you could convince her with a sound argument, but do you really want a doctor who makes such reckless and unsound judgments?

Hi
No but this is a new endocrinologist, which I got to refered to as a "second opinion" when my first doctor said that I had "too much muscle to be having low T", oh and she ignored all my symptoms of no libido at all, no erections, episodes of depression and suicidal thoughts these days aswell as no energy, some hair loss on my legs etc.

So this is a new one!

CoastWatcher

Thankyou
It's not a gender problem, my doctor is a woman and has skillfully worked with me to overcome the problems associated with hypogonadism. If you are met with an attitude such as yiu describe, simply leave. You don't want to argue such a doctor into providing treatment - it would be a disaster. We can offer you the names of excellent doctors, practicing nationally, who can certainly help you. They don't take insurance, but their fees are much more reasonable than you may fear.

equel

Well not sure what to tell ya.

The new testosterone lab came back: 6.5nmol (8.6 - 35nmol) and the "new expert endocrinologist" I had an appointment with today said the reason I could be "slightly below the reference range" is cause I work out at the gym 3 times a week, cause apparently there were some military rangers they tested for testosterone and they had low T, so people who work out have lower t. So she told me to take 2 weeks off of the gym and do yet another blood test, and then we will take it from there.

Quite a bummer, im literally getting no where with these people

CSI007

Well not sure what to tell ya.

The new testosterone lab came back: 6.5nmol (8.6 - 35nmol) and the "new expert endocrinologist" I had an appointment with today said the reason I could be "slightly below the reference range" is cause I work out at the gym 3 times a week, cause apparently there were some military rangers they tested for testosterone and they had low T, so people who work out have lower t. So she told me to take 2 weeks off of the gym and do yet another blood test, and then we will take it from there.

Quite a bummer, im literally getting no where with these people

Find another Doctor IMO. IFf you are outside of the normal range by that much it's not because of working out at the gym. You feel exactly like I did a year ago. I bet you could take 6 months off at the gym and still would have low T labs and symptoms.

Leesto

Quack.

Well, perhaps in other aspects of treatment she is an expert but when it comes to TRT she has no clue!
Find someone else who will get you proper treatment.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me