Increasing NAD+

Buy Lab Tests Online

JPB

I mentioned in another thread a supplement I was using that has had remarkable benefits. To introduce this topic, I want to briefly discuss a prominent researcher in the field of anti-aging.

David Sinclair was a leading researcher into sirtuin boosting supplements (aka resveratrol), and this work led to isolating a sirtuin boosting compound, which Sinclair still uses today, according to a recent interview on the Joe Rogan podcast. In 2009 Sinclair decided that proving sirtuin-boosting compounds can treat human disease be left up to GlaxoSmithkline, which bought Sinclair's Sirtris Pharmaceuticals for $720 million, which Sinclair co-founded in 2004. Sinclair got $8 million from the deal. Interestingly, Glaxo recently announced they were abandoning their investment into further developing proprietary sirtuin boosting drugs.

Naturally Sinclair has moved onto other areas. Primarily, touting the anti-aging benefits of boosting NAD+. I do not want to delve deeply into the biochemistry or physiology of this, suffice to say it does look like a very promising therapeutic approach. What is good about Sinclair's involvement is that it seems to have stimulated more broad-based research into NAD+. And perhaps somewhat predictably, Sinclair is now touting another proprietary NAD+ precursor known as NMN. Anti-agers have been on to the benefits of boosting NAD+ for some time. Another proprietary and fairly expensive precursor supplement touted for this purpose was nicotinamide riboside.

But I am here to tell you there is a better way. The most recent independent research data appears to show that both these expensive precursors are converted quickly in the body to niacinamide. And that niacinamide in turn is also converted to NAD+. And this leads to restoration of more youthful levels and the associated benefits. And niacinamide is widely available as an inexpensive form of vitamin B3 supplement.

Now what I have found, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about this. It is not a more is necessarily better supplement. In fact there is some information that too much niacinamide can lead to liver issues, or that when niacinamide levels are constantly maintained at high levels, that NAD+ levels could be temporarily suppressed. These are the reasons it is important to know how to go about supplementing niacinamide.

So I want to share what has worked for me. I could elaborate on what I refer to as the circadian reflex, whereby through essential innate and autonomic nervous system behavior, our physiologies are programmed for catabolic activities in the day and anabolic repair later in the day. You want to push and entrain those natural rhythms to work in your favor.

Take niacinamide early in the day and avoid it at night. Do not keep niacinamide levels high 24x7. Use it to coil the circadian reflex in your favor. As your body converts the niacinamide to NAD+ the anabolic repair mechanisms are entrained. Supplement niacinamide with 1-2 doses of 250 to 500 milligrams before noon and before your workouts (also try to exercise in the AM), to entrain the natural circadian patterns to be initially energized for activity and then wind down for repair. This approach is safe and effective.

You can find what I use here on Amazon.

Plenty of research on these topics is out there via Pubmed and various distillers.

I am hitting PRs for natural lifting at age 59.5 and am mostly pain free with old injuries healing up. It is a slow process that takes place over several months and you should begin to notice. As with many things along these lines, the benefits may be more pronounced the older you are. But I do wish I could have begun nipping declining NAD+ levels in the bud when I was younger, and who knows, I may not have grey hair now.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

OMI100

"Supplement niacinamide with 1-2 doses of 250 to 500 milligrams before noon and before your workouts (also try to exercise in the AM), to entrain the natural circadian patterns to be initially energized for activity and then wind down for repair. "
So if you take your supps in the early A,M, and go to the gym at noon would you take 2 doses or hold back the A.M. dose to take before gym?

JPB

What I do is take 500mg first thing upon waking with my morning shake. I work out before lunch. Then I take 250mg after lunch. Not an exact science but you get the idea.

SkiDaddy

I listened to the Dr. Sinclair Podcast and he states Nicotinamide Mononucleotide is what he uses, the link above is to Niacinamide, I have Googled and they seem to be totally different in description and Especially Cost. What am I missing?

testiculus

There was a recent tracer study that showed that all of the uptake of NR/NMN is in the liver. None of it makes it to other tissues. So most like not going to be much benefit from this supplement.

SkiDaddy

NAD+ and NMN IDEAL FOR SUBLINGUAL DELIVERY
Low molecular weight, low PH, hydrophilic molecules are able to easily enter the tissues under the tongue and throughout the oral mucosa where they are absorbed by capillaries into the bloodstream to quickly make their way throughout the body. Thus bypassing the Liver.

testiculus

Here's the study I was referring to:

Quantitative Analysis of NAD Synthesis-Breakdown Fluxes

Summary

The redox cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) plays a central role in metabolism and is a substrate for signaling enzymes including poly-ADP-ribose-polymerases (PARPs) and sirtuins. NAD concentration falls during aging, which has triggered intense interest in strategies to boost NAD levels. A limitation in understanding NAD metabolism has been reliance on concentration measurements. Here, we present isotope-tracer methods for NAD flux quantitation. In cell lines, NAD was made from nicotinamide and consumed largely by PARPs and sirtuins. In vivo, NAD was made from tryptophan selectively in the liver, which then excreted nicotinamide. NAD fluxes varied widely across tissues, with high flux in the small intestine and spleen and low flux in the skeletal muscle. Intravenous administration of nicotinamide riboside or mononucleotide delivered intact molecules to multiple tissues, but the same agents given orally were metabolized to nicotinamide in the liver. Thus, flux analysis can reveal tissue-specific NAD metabolism.

As far as sublingual administration goes, that would avoid the hepatic first pass metabolism, however I am not aware of any studies that have looked at sublingual absorption rates of NR/NMN, so at this point it is just theoretical that it is a viable delivery method.

SkiDaddy

No matter how you raise you levels, it appears that you can gain a great deal of benefits from raising your NAD+
Anyone over 50 should at least read the below info in the link.

Research with MIB-626, a proprietary NMN product demonstrates age reversal in mice | Alivebynature - All about NAD+

Mice that received NMN had nearly 100% increased endurance vs the control mice, and actually grew NEW blood vessels. This was after 60 days, in 20 month old mice (equivalent to 90 year old humans).
Along with the impressive increased endurance, the study shows NAD+ increase is over 500% at 60 days

Last edited:
The question I have which of them works best NMN or NAM and according the previous article they recomend sublingual or did I understood it badly

JPB

Don't buy into the BS. Those precursors are converted in the liver to niacinamide. Niacinamide is all you need to take to increase your NAD+. Don't waste your money.

junglejim2612

NMN sublingually 125 mg 2x/day AM/PM
There are 2 circadian pulses in a 24 hour period, and I dose about 4 hours prior.
Sublingual administration isn't subject to first pass through the liver and therefore makes the NMN available to be utilized. Ideally this will be concurrent with the endogenous circadium peak in blood serum levels.

Last edited:

JPB

Some informative articles:

The Influence of Nicotinamide on Health and Disease in the Central Nervous System

Nicotinamide prevents NAD+ depletion and protects neurons...

Nicotinamide Improves Functional Recovery via Regulation of the RAGE/JNK/NF-κB Signaling Pathway after Brain Injury

The emergence of the nicotinamide riboside kinases in the regulation of NAD+ metabolism

Cellular pathways are illustrated here. To summarize, NMN and NR are important intermediates, along with niacin and niacinamide, and tryptophan, in the synthesis and recycling of NAD. At the intracellular level, rate limiting enzymatic conversion factors apply to all the intermediates to one degree or another. Exogenous strategies are outlined in green. But the exogenous strategies implies by any means (ie. injection, infusion, or oral). Recall that as I previously mentioned, oral NMN and NR are likely 100% converted to NAM in the liver.

Last edited:

junglejim2612

I've had a 50% increase in my cardiac output in 6 weeks. I can do cardio for hours if I had a mind to. My resting HR has gone from the mid 70's to the mid 50's...Amazing stuff!!!

SkiDaddy

Alive by Nature Sublingual NMN's, Bypasses the liver.
I also take Resveratrol with it twice daily.
Not pushing anything, this is what i started taking a week ago.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me