How normal people get their protein macro?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sammmy

Its not about the amount of energy you use up while working out or moving around. What will give a sustained burn is getting and keeping enough muscle mass that your BMR(Base Metabolic Rate) is high enough to burn that much calories to keep the fat of the midsection, without the need of treadmills etc. So you can keep those for the cardio. High BMR = less fat = less aromatisation.
Getting enough muscle to increase my metabolic rate sufficiently will probably will never happen to me. Meanwhile, the only thing that consistently reduced my body fat around midsection and in my face is daily walking about 15 000 steps a day (2 hours, 10km, 500-600 calories burn). In the Summer when I go to Europe I naturally walk around a lot and I get much slimmer and fat free while I eat sugary stuff and my daily calories probably are above 2500. I try to substitute the prolonged walking with cardio machines at the gym but haven't noticed an effect as significant as long walking.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

According to this Controversies in Metabolism: "4.5 lbs of muscle mass would increase the resting metabolic rate by about 50 kilocalories per day".

Most probably know that 50 kilocalories is actually called 50 calories in everyday language. So relying on increasing your resting metabolic rate by increasing your muscle mass simply pales in comparison with walking 2 hours, which would burn 500-600 calories.

Rock H. Johnson

According to this Controversies in Metabolism: "4.5 lbs of muscle mass would increase the resting metabolic rate by about 50 kilocalories per day".

Most probably know that 50 kilocalories is actually called 50 calories in everyday language. So relying on increasing your resting metabolic rate by increasing your muscle mass simply pales in comparison with walking 2 hours, which would burn 500-600 calories.

According to this Controversies in Metabolism:
In fact, scientific estimation of the metabolic rate of muscle is about 10 to 15 kcal/kg per day, which is approximately 4.5 to 7.0 kcal/lb per day (Elia, 1992). Therefore, the 4.5 lbs of muscle mass would increase the resting metabolic rate by about 50 kilocalories per day. Sure.

On TRT my body regained 20+kg (72kg->93.3kg / 47lb) so according to those (wrong) numbers, 20x15=300kcal or 47x7=329kcal per day, every day even without getting out of bed. No need to walk around for 1-1.5hrs. I can spend that time in the gym, building more muscle and burning even more kcal´s.

Don´t take this personal , bruh. I was just playing with the numbers and one thing there ain´t no one size fits all nor are there free lunches....lol

Last edited:

sammmy

Unfortunately, increasing ACTUAL muscle mass by 50 lb happens only to bodybuilders on anabolic steroids and/or TRT. That scenario does not apply to people like me that just work out.

Also, a body weight increase includes increases in body fat and water retention, not only muscle mass. So your increase in actual muscle mass was probably 50% of what you think, again leading to a quite insignificant increase in metabolic rate by 150 calories/day.

The 4.5lb of muscle mass increase was cited because it is the typical muscle mass increase of ordinary people on several months of strength training program in studies. Clearly for that group the increase in metabolic rate is insignificant and telling them to "just make more muscles to burn fat" is just a misguided bro-science.

Last edited:

Rock H. Johnson

Also, a body weight increase includes increases in body fat and water retention, not only muscle mass. So your increase in actual muscle mass was probably 50% of what you think, again leading to a quite insignificant increase in metabolic rate by 150 calories/day.

You are assuming that I am like you. Its not about what I think, it is what I measure. I REGAINED that, meaning in 1999 on my high as a "natty" my bodyweight was 101kg with less then 9-10% Bf. On my hypogonadic low after years of trying to get my bodyweight back up I was 72kg and severely depressed. Almost a year ago I got on TRT and went back to the gym 6 days/week. Nowadays they have these fancy machines in gyms which measure BMI, water%, fat%, muscle %, endurance, strength, etc etc and I had regained in almost one years time on a variable dose of 17.5-28.8mg daily injected Test/DHT-combi, back to 93.3kg with a bf of 9% with 0 bloat. No broscience there as I temporary can not do my cardio-workouts and even with my high caloric intake, I still do not gain visceral or fat in nasty places, so no metabolic slowdown because of a high muscle/body ratio.

The 4.5lb of muscle mass increase was cited because it is the typical muscle mass increase of ordinary people on several months of strength training program in studies. Clearly for that group the increase in metabolic rate is insignificant and telling them to "just make more muscles to burn fat" is just a misguided bro-science.

You must understand we are not ordinary people, we are on TRT and have on a daily bases at least 3x the natural amount of exogenous testosterone flowing through our bodies. because of this I feel a strong drive and need actually to go to the gym, if I do not for a couple of days, I become narly and my wife makes me go.....lol Even without prior weight-training experience when you start TRT and working out at any age you will have a tremendous improvement in body-composition (although I apologise to those who have more serious underlying physical issues then just Low-T it will be less pronounced or non at all). Just look at some of the avatars of the peeps on this forum.....lol

Vtail

You must understand we are not ordinary people, we are on TRT and have on a daily bases at least 3x the natural amount of exogenous testosterone flowing through our bodies. because of this I feel a strong drive and need actually to go to the gym, if I do not for a couple of days, I become narly and my wife makes me go.....lol Even without prior weight-training experience when you start TRT and working out at any age you will have a tremendous improvement in body-composition (although I apologise to those who have more serious underlying physical issues then just Low-T it will be less pronounced or non at all). Just look at some of the avatars of the peeps on this forum.....lol

This has been my personal experience as well. I've worked out regularly since my teen years, both cardio and weights. I'm now in my mid-fifties, and after a year on TRT (100mg/week) I can see my abs for the first time in my life. I joke that I now have a 3-pak. Maybe this year it will become a 6-pak. TRT definitely changed my body composition for the better.

sammmy

Regardless of what your anabolic dose is and what you body fat is, there is no such thing as gaining muscle mass equal to 100% of your body weight gain. That is why bodybuilders have "bulks" and "cuts". This is also shown in numerous studies.

Joe Sixpack

Getting enough muscle to increase my metabolic rate sufficiently will probably will never happen to me. Meanwhile, the only thing that consistently reduced my body fat around midsection and in my face is daily walking about 15 000 steps a day (2 hours, 10km, 500-600 calories burn). In the Summer when I go to Europe I naturally walk around a lot and I get much slimmer and fat free while I eat sugary stuff and my daily calories probably are above 2500. I try to substitute the prolonged walking with cardio machines at the gym but haven't noticed an effect as significant as long walking.
I can confirm this about walking. It's the only exersize that I have found that slashes my weight while not increasing my appetite. I do over 15,000 steps a day, often times 20,000 per day. I actually have a hard time eating enough to stop from losing weight with the walking. I lift 4x/week as well for muscle development. But the walking is what keeps me lean.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me