How long to increase DHT levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

davidrn

There is quite a bit of info available here and elsewhere on how long it takes for Testosterone to increase blood levels, but not so much for DHT. My current therapy is 30mg of T cyp 3/wk, 20Iu of HCG 3/wk, and a few drops of Arimidex (40 drops = 1 mg) a week. My DHT level was 17 last month (16-79), so I requested and my Urologist gave a Rx for testosterone cream. I am applying to the scrotum with the intention to bring my DHT up to a higher level.
My question is should I start with a loading dose? The cream is 200mg/gm and a gm is 2 pumps, I started yesterday with 1 pump, and again this AM with 1 pump. I was hoping to reach a steady state as soon as possible, (and feel a real effect) then decrease dosing to 1x week (or as needed) using labs to decide on dosing.
I understand that the half life of DHT is longer than Testosterone, but how long should it take for any changes?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My understanding is, mean serum DHT levels followed the same pattern as serum T, achieving steady-state levels by 2 days. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime.

There is quite a bit of info available here and elsewhere on how long it takes for Testosterone to increase blood levels, but not so much for DHT. My current therapy is 30mg of T cyp 3/wk, 20Iu of HCG 3/wk, and a few drops of Arimidex (40 drops = 1 mg) a week. My DHT level was 17 last month (16-79), so I requested and my Urologist gave a Rx for testosterone cream. I am applying to the scrotum with the intention to bring my DHT up to a higher level.
My question is should I start with a loading dose? The cream is 200mg/gm and a gm is 2 pumps, I started yesterday with 1 pump, and again this AM with 1 pump. I was hoping to reach a steady state as soon as possible, (and feel a real effect) then decrease dosing to 1x week (or as needed) using labs to decide on dosing.
I understand that the half life of DHT is longer than Testosterone, but how long should it take for any changes?

DHT rises after testosterone does. In fact, usually around 10% of total testosterone is a good way to predict it.

So I guess your total testosterone was somewhere around 200ish.

When I use a cream for DHT, I have to use it every day, I return to baseline (verified) within 24hrs. To test how well it works I draw blood 2hrs post application and I can usually break the lab range 16-79 and get to 100.

There is no loading and maintenance dose.

And drops is a terrible way to dose Anastrozole. Just sayin'

davidrn

DHT rises after testosterone does. In fact, usually around 10% of total testosterone is a good way to predict it.

So I guess your total testosterone was somewhere around 200ish.

Actually my total t level is down from its usual 1000 to 850 when I dropped T cyp from 100mg/wk to 90mg/wk. I have a low SHBG (around 15) so my free T was always about 25-50% higher than the top of range.

davidrn

When I use a cream for DHT, I have to use it every day, I return to baseline (verified) within 24hrs. To test how well it works I draw blood 2hrs post application and I can usually break the lab range 16-79 and get to 100.

There is no loading and maintenance dose.

And drops is a terrible way to dose Anastrozole. Just sayin'

I have read how some men (using T cream to scrotum) require only 1 /wk dosing and there was mention of one man who used every 2 weeks. Of course, this is with there regular SQ/IM injections of Test. How long should I wait then before testing? I mentioned I have taken 2 doses so far, and haven't felt anything yet, although I usually awaken in AM with morning wood, I did awaken last night with a nocturnal erection (no complaints about this).
Will my low SHBG have an effect on my DHT levels?

youre an RN...easy for you to pull labs each day, right? Rub it and have blood pulled two hours later. The next day don't apply it and pull labs. Thats the ONLY way you're going to know how its working for you. That guy with his stuff about every two weeks is really just nonsense, he never posts his labs or any way to verify what he says.

It would be my opinion that two pumps or whatever is way too much of a metered dose for this type of application. That kind of dosing/dispensing should only be used for transdermal (primary delivery) of Test.You really don't want to be slathering on 100mg of cream per day...that's insane and will drive your DHT astronomical. You should be using a topi-click dispenser that per click, dispenses a metered dose @ 1/4mL

For being in the medical field you're really receiving very poor care and advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me