The Hidden Benefits of DHT and How to Increase & Reduce It

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
How DHT Works in the Body

DHT RANGE.jpg

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a sex hormone created from testosterone in the body. It plays a major role in the development of characteristics that are typically associated with men (body hair, muscle growth, and a deep voice). DHT is critical to the development of the penis and prostate in men. DHT is a much more powerful hormone than testosterone and plays a major role in male-pattern baldness (R).

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)- Man's Friend or Enemy?

Effect of DHT on Prostate and Sexual Function: Review of Studies

16 Effects of DHT + How to Increase & Decrease It - Selfhacked

Effect of zinc administration on plasma testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and sperm count.

Three weeks of creatine monohydrate supplementation affects dihydrotestosterone to testosterone ratio in college-aged rugby players.

Get Your DHT tested

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Ive been using, along with the cream on the scrotum, drinking a gluten free Sorghum beer, Sorghum is supposed to promote 5AR activity. I haven't been tested with the beer but the daily cream has gotten me in the upper and max DHT tests, like between 79 and 104 on a scale of 16-79. I think it helps. While ive been on TCyp I was testing @ 39 on the 16-79 scale.

Last edited:

Weasel

Ive been using, along with the cream on the scrotum, drinking a gluten free Sorghum beer, Sorghum is supposed to promote 5AR activity. I haven't been tested with the beer but the daily cream has gotten me in the upper and max DHT tests, like between 79 and 104 on a scale of 16-79. I think it helps. While ive been on TCyp I was testing @ 39 on the 16-79 scale.

I agree, Sorghum helps. I've used sorghum flour in the past. While I dont have labs to back it up I could feel it in my libido and abilty, as well as in my brain.

Sorghum beer! now we are talking!

Has your desire for sex increased? Penis sensitivity? Oily skin?

Im having regular nightly erections inspite of some times having indulged solo or with my partner 1-2 times in the 12 hours prior and this is very unusual for me. I get a better "hang" of the penis and scrotum than the small and retracted appearance. But we've also switched up my DHEA/Preg dosing and delivery which is working better, too, and my E2 is down because of the switch. I do use Tadalafil 15mg 1-2 times per day (I found less is very unreliable). Plus NO supps.But the nightly erections have been what I'm seeing that is very different for me.

I agree, Sorghum helps. I've used sorghum flour in the past. While I dont have labs to back it up I could feel it in my libido and abilty, as well as in my brain.

Sorghum beer! now we are talking!

Just look for Gluten free there's any number of brands. I'm not a beer drinker, more rum/whiskey but found this "Red Bridge" and it's good. I drink 1 per night. 2 if I'm in the mood. I'm thinking about pairing 1 beer in the evening and switching my cream application to the evening too, doing them concurrently rather than the cream in the AM.

Thanks Vince Carter. I am sure you meant 15 mg Tadalafil 1-2 times per week, right?

Im afraid not. Thru experimentation I've found 5-10mg unreliable, if not <50% erections. I find a cumulative steady-state in it, too, using it day-to-day, and I have to use it 3-4 hours before any activity. At least 3-4 hours. But then I'm using research chems that may not be up to par with Big Pharma.

JohnsonC

Sorghum for me has the exact opposite effect. It's one of the few carbohydrate sources I can tolerate besides white rice, but when I eat it daily as a porridge my ED and low libido worsen dramatically. Any idea why?

tersec

Are you still drinking the Sorghum beer and getting positive results and what brand?

Vvs1

Sorghum for me has the exact opposite effect. It's one of the few carbohydrate sources I can tolerate besides white rice, but when I eat it daily as a porridge my ED and low libido worsen dramatically. Any idea why?

Is your free T or e2 low? Are you on TRT?

Rock H. Johnson

I started adding a heaped tablespoon of Sorghum flour to my morning porridge and after workout shake. I do not drink beer/alcohol. It has only been the third day but my libido/hornyness and overall tactileness has increased noticably after taking it. I know it is subjective and I have no bw/tests to show for this but I felt it was well worth mentioning. :D

Vvs1

No I'm not on TRT yet, hopefully starting soon. My free t is low as total t is around 400 but SHBG is pretty high. E2 is 69.00 pmol/L (range: 0 - 192 pmol/L).

I'm guessing that's the reason-Converting free T to DHT when you're low to begin with? E2 looks really low. You'll have to convert that to the normal conversion so it sounds like you should draw better basline blood levels with sensitive estradiol.

JohnsonC

I'm guessing that's the reason-Converting free T to DHT when you're low to begin with? E2 looks really low. You'll have to convert that to the normal conversion so it sounds like you should draw better basline blood levels with sensitive estradiol.

So what you're saying is that my free testosterone is low, and when I start eating sorghum that little free testosterone I have start converting to DHT and thus I end up with even less free testosterone? Super interesting if that's the case. I've really been wondering. But it sounds like a plausible explanation. Thank you.

I will try to look for the sensitive estradiol test. I've never seen one described as that here. The above results was from the Male Hormone Advanced package at letsgetchecked.com. I just had one done at a hospital here which as local TRT clinic ordered for me. That results stated the result as < 0,100 with normal being < 0,2, so that seems even more useless. I live in Europe and unfortunately it can be hard to find the exact same gold standard tests you have access to in the US. I will keep looking. Thanks.

TonyGR

Each and every time I injected myself any ester of testo, the results regarding libido amd prostate are dissapointing. My libido only marginally gets better while my prostate gets aggravated. DHT increase as is supposed to be due to the increaded total testo levels, reflects on prostate but seems not existing on my libido. Why?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me