Higher Systolic BP after TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bishop

I know this has been discussed somewhat but I wanted to get some suggestions on what if anything I should do in this situation.

I just finished my first month of TRT. I have my first post TRT blood work coming up on 10/14 so I don't know my values yet to give you here.

What I have seen is that pre TRT my BP was around 117/55-65. Now it is around 130-135/75. This is the high point which is usually the day after an injection. I have seen it go as high as 140/80.

Towards the trough it has been coming back into the 120s so far.

Everything else is going well. More energy, much improved mood, better libido. I also feel hotter like my metabolism is up. Before TRT my body temp was usually around 95-96 degrees.

All my thyroid blood work has consistently come up as normal.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Odd that you have such a swing in the days. I'd keep testing it every day at the same time and verify what you see on injection and trough days.

Bishop

Well I've got anxiety issues so it can swing pretty wild. For example before TRT when I was home it would be around 115/65 on average. At the doctor it could go to 150/100 just from pure adrenalin dump from the anxiety.

Bishop

Thanks for the info. I actually feel more normal even though the BP is higher. When my BP was very low I felt cold and sluggish and as I said my body temp was pretty low at 95-96 degrees.

It's too early to be caused by any Hematocrit issues I assume? I want to make sure I'm still good to wait until my scheduled appt on 10/14.

I thought about giving blood but that would make it hard to see what change the TRT had if any on my Hemo numbers.

Last edited:
I run about pre-hypertension range on TRT, I have a little white coat anxiety and need it checked on my way out the door rather than arrival. I was 136/70 while checking in for other medical matters this morning. But that seems typical...130 ish systolic.

Bishop

That's interesting... It's strange to me that exogenous testosterone would have so many odd quirks. Unless of course men who naturally have high testosterone have internal wiring that makes it function smoother than those of us who weren't so lucky.

If my numbers are out of range when I do my blood work I am going to talk to my doc about lowering my dosage. I hate to do it since I feel so much better mentally and physically but I may feel better still at a lower dose.

James

Yes guys do experience a lot of "odd quirks" with exogenous test. You mention reviewing your labs and possibly exploring going on a lower dose. People often think cypionate is this cute little injection that makes your muscles grow and increases libido. This is a real drug and I always tell guys I know to talk with their doc about going on a low dose. When I started on injections, my dose was so high and I had horrible side effects. I took about 9 months off and used this great site to educate myself and got back on and took a completely different approach, and my experience has been very positive. My dose is a little over 1/2 what I was previously taking. Also, many guys report an increase in BP. I was on 5 mg of Azor for BP for many years. I started my new testosterone regimen and my BP is perfect and I'm off the Azor. Post your labs in a couple weeks. Good luck to you.

Bishop

Thanks James. I hope I didn't come off as flippant or nonchalant in my post. I try to be light hearted because it helps me deal with my fear and concerns with the whole process. I absolutely hate taking medicine even down to Advil so this process is causing me a lot of stress as I come to terms with the situation.

I'm trying to note everything and learn as much as I can without letting my anxiety run wild.

I do appreciate your input.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching