Higher blood pressure since being on TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mike9876

Have been on TRT for 5 years. One thing I noticed after starting is that my blood pressure increased. Prior to TRT it had always typically been around 120/75. Since starting it has always more around 140-150/90 whenever my doc would check. He didn't seem overly concerned. But I recently purchased my own BP machine and my readings have been often as high as 160/95, sometimes as low as 140/85. I'm wondering if I should be concerned. I'm pretty fit and do regular gym, mountain biking and other cardio. Any advice welcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Belekas

nobody
5 years is a long time. So you knew your BP was creeping up on ya all those years and only now decided to maybe do something? More context is needed. Are you overweight, how old are you, bad habits, other drugs, other medical issues, etc, etc, etc. Without context is pretty much like shooting darts in the dark but the answer would be YES, If I was you, I would def take this matter seriously and combat the BP by doing everything I can naturally and ticking all the required boxes and making lifestyle adjustments as needed. Also if you want to be as healthy and happy as possible I'd suggest taking all the health matter in your own hands and not rely on doctors 100%. Sadly going to the gym and doing some cardio is won't make you a healthy man as its much much more then that, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. Complete blood test results are preferred if you have them. Also all the context about you, your protocol, lifestyle, etc is required and maybe we can do something right off the bat;-)

Systemlord

Have been on TRT for 5 years. One thing I noticed after starting is that my blood pressure increased.
Typically you expect to see lower blood pressure over time in men on TRT, if things go the other way, this is a sign your body can no longer handle high testosterone which is why you have low-T in the first place.

We need more context please, what are your Total T Free T and or SHBG levels?

Systemlord

Sadly going to the gym and doing some cardio is won't make you a healthy man

Fortunate

Have been on TRT for 5 years. One thing I noticed after starting is that my blood pressure increased. Prior to TRT it had always typically been around 120/75. Since starting it has always more around 140-150/90 whenever my doc would check. He didn't seem overly concerned. But I recently purchased my own BP machine and my readings have been often as high as 160/95, sometimes as low as 140/85. I'm wondering if I should be concerned. I'm pretty fit and do regular gym, mountain biking and other cardio. Any advice welcome.
This should definitely be taken seriously.

Get a high-quality cuff for home. Measure it a few different times during the day and do that consistently and record the values. If you are seeing it that high on a consistent basis, you should press your primary care doctor to address it.

t_spacemonkey

I always had higher BP. as much as I stay away from most pharma pills, i tolerate 80mg telmisartan really well. got it down a bit. you can look into that, this drug has some added benefits.
i highly doubt that while being on T for years and everything was fine, suddenly the T causes your BP. probably other factors, aging. anything up 140/90 is fine. even occasional spikes, based on time of day/activity level are ok IMO if your baseline is normal

George9

My blood pressure was normal but increased to numbers similar to yours after starting TRT. I now take 3/4 teaspoon of magnesium citrate with each of my three meals per day. The amount you need will depend on how much magnesium you get from other sources. I started low and backed off at 1 teaspoon per meal when it became a laxative. I also take potassium chloride with each meal. I very gradually increased the KCl and lowered the dose at the first sign of muscle weakness. TRT increased my hemoglobin and I donate blood every eight weeks. My blood pressure was 113/79 this morning, which is typical. I don't take any BP medicine.

Zaskar

5 years is a long time. So you knew your BP was creeping up on ya all those years and only now decided to maybe do something? More context is needed. Are you overweight, how old are you, bad habits, other drugs, other medical issues, etc, etc, etc. Without context is pretty much like shooting darts in the dark but the answer would be YES, If I was you, I would def take this matter seriously and combat the BP by doing everything I can naturally and ticking all the required boxes and making lifestyle adjustments as needed. Also if you want to be as healthy and happy as possible I'd suggest taking all the health matter in your own hands and not rely on doctors 100%. Sadly going to the gym and doing some cardio is won't make you a healthy man as its much much more then that, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. Complete blood test results are preferred if you have them. Also all the context about you, your protocol, lifestyle, etc is required and maybe we can do something right off the bat;-)

That’s one reason I had to quit TRT.. my blood pressure went sky high … my body has no problem making Test , my shbg was high ..something is wrong especially being how active you are .

madman

Super Moderator
My blood pressure was normal but increased to numbers similar to yours after starting TRT. I now take 3/4 teaspoon of magnesium citrate with each of my three meals per day. The amount you need will depend on how much magnesium you get from other sources. I started low and backed off at 1 teaspoon per meal when it became a laxative. I also take potassium chloride with each meal. I very gradually increased the KCl and lowered the dose at the first sign of muscle weakness. TRT increased my hemoglobin and I donate blood every eight weeks. My blood pressure was 113/79 this morning, which is typical. I don't take any BP medicine.

A surefire way to crash your ferritin!

George9

Yeah , shouldn’t have to donate blood .. if so something is wrong .
I donated every eight weeks before starting TRT and the carnivore diet. I have given 10 gallons of blood, my wife 18 gallons (she eats little red meat), and a woman at my clinic 28 gallons, all without becoming anemic or other problems.

madman

Super Moderator
I donated every eight weeks before starting TRT and the carnivore diet. I have given 10 gallons of blood, my wife 18 gallons (she eats little red meat), and a woman at my clinic 28 gallons, all without becoming anemic or other problems.

Far from common!

Ribeye

Have you had a CBC done? do you have hemoglobin and hematocrit data? I suspect you have probably seen an increase in those, which WILL increase your BP. But to the other guys points, 5 years is a long time to go without managing BP. It can over time, cause a lot of heart disease problems so you really need to get to the bottom of it. Not to scare you, it's not usually an immediate issue, but you have already been 5 years, don't wait, deal with it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me