Hashimoto's Diagnosis

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

My doctor called to tell me my thyroid panel leads her to believe Hashimoto's is now something I have to deal with. Not really a surprise, my father and grandfather were diagnosed with it. On my way to repeat the blood work to get a confirmation.

Fellows, everything you read about thyroid on this forum is important - particularly getting the proper tests run. Don't settle for TSH only, and a quick comment that everything "looks good." My TSH has always been reasonable; had a more complete set of tests not been run this would have been missed.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I just finished this book. It's great

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause

Hashimotos.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Hashimotos-Th...F8&qid=1428611673&sr=8-1&keywords=hashimoto's

What's Really Going on in Hashimoto's? Hashimoto's is more than just hypothyroidism. Most patients with Hashimoto's will present with acid reflux, nutrient deficiencies, anemia, intestinal permeability, food sensitivities, gum disorders and hypoglycemia in addition to the “typical” hypothyroid symptoms such as weight gain, cold intolerance, hair loss, fatigue and constipation. The body becomes stuck in a vicious cycle of immune system overload, adrenal insufficiency, gut dysbiosis, impaired digestion, inflammation, and thyroid hormone release abnormalities. This cycle is self-sustaining and will continue causing more and more symptoms until an external factor intervenes and breaks the cycle apart. The lifestyle interventions discussed in this book aim to dismantle the vicious cycle piece by piece. We start with the simplest modifications, by removing triggers, and follow with repairing the other broken systems to restore equilibrium, allowing the body to rebuild itself.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

I just finished this book. It's great

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause

View attachment 1284

http://www.amazon.com/Hashimotos-Th...F8&qid=1428611673&sr=8-1&keywords=hashimoto's

What's Really Going on in Hashimoto's? Hashimoto's is more than just hypothyroidism. Most patients with Hashimoto's will present with acid reflux, nutrient deficiencies, anemia, intestinal permeability, food sensitivities, gum disorders and hypoglycemia in addition to the “typical” hypothyroid symptoms such as weight gain, cold intolerance, hair loss, fatigue and constipation. The body becomes stuck in a vicious cycle of immune system overload, adrenal insufficiency, gut dysbiosis, impaired digestion, inflammation, and thyroid hormone release abnormalities. This cycle is self-sustaining and will continue causing more and more symptoms until an external factor intervenes and breaks the cycle apart. The lifestyle interventions discussed in this book aim to dismantle the vicious cycle piece by piece. We start with the simplest modifications, by removing triggers, and follow with repairing the other broken systems to restore equilibrium, allowing the body to rebuild itself.

Thanks for the link, Nelson. I'll be ordering the book.

brutusman

Coastwatcher,

I have a high TSH and my GP had me on 50mcg Thyroxine. Wasn't feeling any different on the meds and did a bunch of research on thyroid issues and asked him to run some additional tests. My GP told me that the TSH test is the "gold standard" and that the additional tests Total and Free t4 and t3 and TPO weren't necessary. In the meantime I started working with Dr. Crisler from Defy for TRT and he ordered up the same tests that my GP told me were not needed. My TPO came back at 371 (normal scale is 0-9). This is a major indicator of Hashimoto's. Both my mom and grandmother have/had thyroid issues.

Just sent my lab results to Defy for a consult with Dr. Crisler. Just wondering what your treatment entails and does it have any impacts on TRT?

Thanks,

Bill

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale