First Protocol Blood Results...What Do You See?

Buy Lab Tests Online

KenLowT

Hi guys,
I received my first blood work results which accurately measures where I am after 6 weeks on my current protocol. I currently inject twice a week, 50 mg each time, 200ml/1L testosterone cypionate. Some things off the bat that I noticed was that my Total T is good for my age at 42 yrs old, Free T still looks low, estradiol is still high even though I'm at my lowest dose, and my DHEA is low. My thyroid tests confirm that I'm still in range even though I clearly have antibodies attacking my thyroid. Now that Defy has my numbers they will be calling me to schedule. Any advice or observations that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. My main low T symptoms continue to be low libido and difficulty losing weight even though I'm eating in a caloric deficit and work out 6 times per week. Positives so far with TRT is increase in energy, strength, mood, and easing of anxiety. Attached you'll find my blood work results.

Attachments

• Defy Results.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

KenLowT

How are you feeling. You should get your reverse T3 check.

I feel fine emotionally, my mood is stable, and the strength is there. However, the libido is not there and I'm barely losing any weight. What do you think of that DHEA number? Is that what's killing my libido?

Defy did order the reverse T3. I have no idea why Lab Corp didn't take care of it.

Vince

Super Moderator
How was your libido before you were on trt? I don't if DHEA will help but it's worth a try. You may want to supplement with 10 mg of pregnenolone and 25 mg of DHEA to start. Remember DHEA will convert testosterone into estrogen.

M

MarkM

I feel fine emotionally, my mood is stable, and the strength is there. However, the libido is not there and I'm barely losing any weight. What do you think of that DHEA number? Is that what's killing my libido?

Defy did order the reverse T3. I have no idea why Lab Corp didn't take care of it.

Ken, I recently had a complete thyroid panel performed and I kept waiting and waiting for the results. After calling I found out that the LabCorp lab did not draw enough blood to include the Reverse T3 like was ordered. When all was said and done, LabCorp had to re-run the entire panel at their expense. You should follow up on that.

Also, your thyroid issue isn't helping the weight loss.

KenLowT

Ken, I recently had a complete thyroid panel performed and I kept waiting and waiting for the results. After calling I found out that the LabCorp lab did not draw enough blood to include the Reverse T3 like was ordered. When all was said and done, LabCorp had to re-run the entire panel at their expense. You should follow up on that.

Also, your thyroid issue isn't helping the weight loss.

Mark, thanks for your reply. Did you have to call LabCorp? I ordered my blood work through Defy.

Also, yes I realize that my thyroid is making it extremely difficult to lose weight. However, my endo won't treat it because my TSH, T3, and my T4 were all within range even though they are low. That's why I'm going with Defy. I'm hoping we will kill 2 birds with one stone.

KenLowT

How was your libido before you were on trt? I don't if DHEA will help but it's worth a try. You may want to supplement with 10 mg of pregnenolone and 25 mg of DHEA to start. Remember DHEA will convert testosterone into estrogen.

Vince, my libido stunk before TRT. It hasn't changed at all while on TRT. That's why I'm trying to see if it could be another reason other than testosterone. I read online that a low DHEA in men can lead to low libido. Hopefully Dr. Calkins will take a look at these numbers and get me where I need to be.

M

MarkM

Mark, thanks for your reply. Did you have to call LabCorp? I ordered my blood work through Defy.

Also, yes I realize that my thyroid is making it extremely difficult to lose weight. However, my endo won't treat it because my TSH, T3, and my T4 were all within range even though they are low. That's why I'm going with Defy. I'm hoping we will kill 2 birds with one stone.
You need to go through Defy on the blood work. They ordered it and they have the contract with LabCorp. Defy sends a lot of business to LabCorp and they will make it right for you. Just make sure to cover it with Defy. It wasn't free, you paid for it.

As far as your thyroid labs, Defy understands symptoms and that ranges, especially the thyroid ranges in your case, don't tell the whole story.

Systemlord

Strangely my TSH and Reverse T3 are exactly the same numbers as yours, for a moment I thought I was looking at my labs. Insurance doctors focus on normal, Defy focuses on optimal.

KenLowT

Strangely my TSH and Reverse T3 are exactly the same numbers as yours, for a moment I thought I was looking at my labs. Insurance doctors focus on normal, Defy focuses on optimal.

So it seems like my T4 is low normal and my T3 is high normal, weird. I wonder what all this means. My waist says something else.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, I just noticed the Reverse T3 is on the lab. It's on the high normal end. I wonder what that means.
My understanding is you would like your reverse T3 to be under 15, otherwise you're pooling too much free T3 and it's not being used.

M

MarkM

Vince, I just noticed the Reverse T3 is on the lab. It's on the high normal end. I wonder what that means.
I believe LabCorp's range upper end range is 24.1 but everything I have read says that the Reverse T3 should be less than 15, regardless of the range. You should have a Free T3:Reverse T3 ratio of greater than 20. Example - Free T3 of 3.0 and Reverse T3 of 22.4 would give you a ratio of 13.4, which of course is not greater than 20 and means the RT3 needs to come down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching