Ferritin levels too low

Buy Lab Tests Online

42daddyoopsy

History
Hypothyroid
Low T (Started at 190)
Chasing ferritin levels but never anemic.
MCV and MCH has always been low. I do inject vitamin b12 shots and had normal levels last time.
Meds
Injecting 60 mg SubQ Mon, Wed, Fri
NP Thyroid 120 mg
Anastrozole 1mg Half Tab on Wed

So I am finally starting to fell better. First time my vitamin d has been above 40. But my ferritin is still low and I am really trying to get get that up because I am tired all the time. Sex is good if the wife would cooperate more. Did have an anxiety attack. But I am blaming my estradiol. Ran out of Anastrozole for two weeks. (only take a half of tab on Wednesdays)

So should I ignore the free T number since I feel pretty good?
What have you guys done to drive up ferritin. MCV, and MCH?
I am scheduled for a blood donation Thursday and my blood pressure is up even though my meds are the same.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• labreport.pdf
    69.8 KB · Views: 53
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

What have you guys done to drive up ferritin. MCV, and MCH?
Iron. Low iron binding capacity indicate low amounts of iron in the blood. Directly testing iron isn’t very useful, or is it accurate, because it can change after eating.

You’re tired because you’re iron deficient, the size of your hemoglobin is too small to carry enough oxygen in the blood.

If you get your ferritin higher, you will need to decrease your TRT dose to manage hematocrit and hemoglobin.

Last edited:

42daddyoopsy

I have read that multiple times now. But my tsh free t3 free t4 look ok. But have also always thought my thyroid meds didn't really help. Never felt any better whether on them or off them. I am kind of surprised ferritin testing and iodine levels aren't standard treatment requirements. I am also going to start adding lugols drops to some water daily.

Systemlord

I am kind of surprised ferritin testing and iodine levels aren't standard treatment requirements.
The whole iron screening guidelines are inadequate. I joined Kaiser and the first thing the endocrinologist ordered was iron saturation, and iron, scored an iron saturation of 14% (20-55%), iron 69 and nothing was said or done because hemoglobin was normal.

No way in hell I had a normal ferritin with that iron saturation level.

It’s like no doctor ever heard of iron deficiency without anemia.

tcmi

your high free T indicates low SHBG; you can very likely lower your T dosage and still be at the high end of Free T range. If you’re concerned about low iron, stop donating blood. You can likely bring down hematocrit by lower T dose. Stop taking AI and let your E2 settle naturally - it will normally be higher with higher T. Give it six weeks to normalize. One other question - how much Vitamin D are you taking? Your level is super high.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me