Excess niacin causes blood vessel inflammation and cardiovascular disease

Buy Lab Tests Online

sammmy

They are finally realizing that anything promoting blood vessel inflammation, in this case excess niacin metabolites, can lead to cardiovascular disease. It's not the cholesterol.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
At one time I did use niacin. I liked the flush that it gave me. It raised my HDL by 30% or more and lowered my triglycerides. According to the article it lowers LDL cholesterol which we all know is false. I no longer use niacin because it did cause issues with my labs.

t_spacemonkey

interesting. are they talking about niacinamide or nicotinic acid. NA never did anything to my lipids (i stopped caring about lipids completely long time ago other then TG)
but 'fortifying' foods in the usa with junk versions of vitamins is another story. tbh most of those foods are poison to begin with which I do not feed to my kids

BigTex

At one time I did use niacin. I liked the flush that it gave me. It raised my HDL by 30% or more and lowered my triglycerides. According to the article it lowers LDL cholesterol which we all know is false. I no longer use niacin because it did cause issues with my labs.
I had asked my former cardiologist about using niacin and he strongly suggest that I not use it due to what was said in the posting above. So I guess this has been suspected for a few years now.

Vince

Super Moderator
Here's a thread I posted in 2016. A lot has changed since then.

t_spacemonkey

I am very cautious of any studies those days, especially when bullshit like this below comes out of the 'scientific community'. hard to know what to trust those days. in the below, they fed people some bullshit nestle protein drink with tons of sugar/soybean oil etc

1708532689753.png

t_spacemonkey

of interest

BigTex

I am very cautious of any studies those days, especially when bullshit like this below comes out of the 'scientific community'. hard to know what to trust those days. in the below, they fed people some bullshit nestle protein drink with tons of sugar/soybean oil etc

View attachment 41655
AMEN! PUFA's, we already knew that food high in PUFA's cause issues. Not sure what protein supplements contain PUFA's.

Systemlord

They are finally realizing that anything promoting blood vessel inflammation, in this case excess niacin metabolites, can lead to cardiovascular disease. It's not the cholesterol.

It seems being proactive can sometimes come back to bite you!

BigTex

Interestingly enough I posted something about niacin in 2022 and took a little heat from a couple of our members for even mentioning it. Maybe I should have kept this cardiologist?

t_spacemonkey

i've been taking 500mg nicotinic acid for some time, but TBH did not experience any benefits at all (other then flushing). there is some data that it can boost NAD (cheeply). my lipids also did not change (not my goal to lower them). the study listed here is paid unfortunately, and all the niacin articles just repeat the same nonsense 'niacin harmful', and since this stuff is essentially in all foods, this study can be probably ignored.

BigTex

Well you add that to the extra 2000 - 3000mg people take with the processed foods, that certainly seems like over kill. Especially when the RDA is 16mg/d. I eat a lot and only get around 55mg/d. That should be more than enough.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me