E2 and cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

JimBob

My nurse told me she gets concerned if a man's E2 hits 70 due to increased risk of cancer. I did some Googling and came up empty except for a possible increase in breast cancer risk(for men). Is there any strong correlation between elevated E2 and cancer in men?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
If you're getting the right estradiol sensitive (LC/MS-MS) test. 60 should be the above limit in my opinion. There's more issues with low E2, that high levels.

I've never heard of anyone getting cancer from high levels of E2. Think how much higher women levels are.

JimBob

I just wonder what this limit is based upon. Hopefully it's not based on the average E2 levels of an older, obese/sick population, like testosterone levels have been. Seems purely arbitrary. Thanks, Vince, for replying.

JimGainz

For what it’s worth, when I eliminated my AI, my estrogen level rose into the 80s and 90s. There are a lot of threads and experts saying that this is perfectly fine but it just didn’t resonate with me. I take a low-dose AI and try to keep mine under 50. I feel better and look better. I am not in the camp of just letting estrogen run wild.

Jed Dorsey

When my E2 started to rise my Uro had me take OTC DIMM 300 mg daily. I had my doubts but went in for follow up blood work and sure enough it worked!

Craig74

My estrogen was high and my doctor put me on a low dose AI because he said that high estrogen can irritate the prostate. I did some Googling and found this...

"Estrogens are involved in local cell proliferation and prostate carcinogenesis in a manner analogous, yet different, to that of androgens. In addition, estrogens have also been implicated in the development of prostatic inflammation (Prins et al. 2001, Bianco et al. 2006)."

Craig74

I used to take AI but not anymore and I feel the same.
I don’t think I will ever go back to AI.
I don't notice much difference either. The one thing I did notice is that my beard grows like crazy. AIs do stimulate FSH. I guess for some people that would be a bad thing (shaving more) but I've always struggled growing a beard and now I have a pretty impressive one :)

Bmac

I don't notice much difference either. The one thing I did notice is that my beard grows like crazy. AIs do stimulate FSH. I guess for some people that would be a bad thing (shaving more) but I've always struggled growing a beard and now I have a pretty impressive one :)
Sorry just to clarify your saying taking ai’s made your beard grow faster?

Craig74

Correct. Faster for sure... thicker I think. Seems to be quite a few studies showing that AIs increase FSH.
1626299211603.png

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Correct. Faster for sure... thicker I think. Seems to be quite a few studies showing that AIs increase FSH.
View attachment 15586
This assertion is problematic on various levels. AIs increase LH and FSH, but this generally won't happen in guys on TRT, as their HPTAs remain suppressed. FSH is not known to have a direct connection to hair growth. There could be a correlation in natural men only insomuch as FSH happens to correlate with LH, testosterone and DHT.

madman

Super Moderator

An increase in beard growth is a result of androgen's effects on the hair follicles.

The density/distribution of hair is determined by genetics.

A common trait among men that use exogenous T is thicker/darker/coarser hair growth which tends to be patchy in areas such as the upper back/lats/shoulders.

Let alone facial/overall body hair tends to grow faster.

post #18

Screenshot (6116).png

nicknot

I've never heard of anyone getting cancer from high levels of E2. Think how much higher women levels are.

I don't think that's a good way to think about it. It'd be like saying that a woman doesn't have to worry about T levels 3x the range because "think about how much T men have".

Our respective bodies and brains are meant to function at different hormonal levels, I don't think you can make that comparison.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't think that's a good way to think about it. It'd be like saying that a woman doesn't have to worry about T levels 3x the range because "think about how much T men have".

Our respective bodies and brains are meant to function at different hormonal levels, I don't think you can make that comparison.

Gman86

For what it’s worth, when I eliminated my AI, my estrogen level rose into the 80s and 90s. There are a lot of threads and experts saying that this is perfectly fine but it just didn’t resonate with me. I take a low-dose AI and try to keep mine under 50. I feel better and look better. I am not in the camp of just letting estrogen run wild.
What dose of ai are u currently taking?

Craig74

This assertion is problematic on various levels. AIs increase LH and FSH, but this generally won't happen in guys on TRT, as their HPTAs remain suppressed. FSH is not known to have a direct connection to hair growth. There could be a correlation in natural men only insomuch as FSH happens to correlate with LH, testosterone and DHT.

Isn't that how HCG works? It increases LH? Does HCG use a different mechanism?

If FSH doesn't affect hair growth, they should have named it something else ;)

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Isn't that how HCG works? It increases LH? Does HCG use a different mechanism?
HCG works as a substitute for LH. Like LH, hCG directly stimulates the testicles, leading to endogenous testosterone production. Thus like TRT, hCG therapy usually suppresses the HPTA, resulting in quite low levels of LH and FSH.
If FSH doesn't affect hair growth, they should have named it something else ;)
The problem is that an ovarian follicle is not a hair follicle. But OFSH is kind of cumbersome as an initialism.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me