E2 and blood pressure?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nashtide

I discontinued the use of anastrazole about three months ago. I was taking a very small dose, less than 0.3mg per week. This was keeping my E2 around 25. Now my E2 is around 45. I haven’t changed anything else. Here’s the strange thing, my blood pressure has dropped significantly. I was always borderline hypertensive. Ran around 130/90. In the last few weeks I have been getting readings around 115/65. I know my home device is accurate because it always matches up with my PCP. My wife has used the device several times recently and her bp readings are the same as always. Any explanation?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

I discontinued the use of anastrazole about three months ago. I was taking a very small dose, less than 0.3mg per week. This was keeping my E2 around 25. Now my E2 is around 45. I haven’t changed anything else. Here’s the strange thing, my blood pressure has dropped significantly. I was always borderline hypertensive. Ran around 130/90. In the last few weeks I have been getting readings around 115/65. I know my home device is accurate because it always matches up with my PCP. My wife has used the device several times recently and her bp readings are the same as always. Any explanation?

who knows for sure?

But ...

Menopause is accompanied by a dramatic rise in the prevalence of hypertension in women, suggesting a protective role of endogenous estradiol on blood pressure (BP). Both animal experimental and human clinical investigations suggest that estrogen engages several mechanisms that protect against hypertension, such as activation of the vasodilator pathway mediated by nitric oxide and prostacyclin and inhibition of the vasoconstrictor pathway mediated by the sympathetic nervous system and angiotensin. However, emerging evidence from recent clinical trials indicates a small increase, rather than decrease, in systolic BP with oral estrogen administration in postmenopausal women, without any detectable effect on diastolic BP. Mechanisms underlying this selective rise in systolic BP in postmenopausal women and oral contraceptive-induced hypertension in premenopausal women remain unknown, but the rise may be related to supraphysiologic concentration of estrogen in the liver. To date, transdermal delivery of estrogen, which avoids the first-pass hepatic metabolism of estradiol, appears to have a small BP-lowering effect in postmenopausal women and may be a safer alternative in hypertensive women

Estrogen and hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI

Nashtide

Thanks for the link. I just can’t explain the change any other way. Dropping the AI is the only alteration I’ve made in my protocol.

SkiDaddy

I went with Dr. Nichols after Dr. Shippen retired, he talked me into letting my E2 be higher, and guess what as my E2 went up my Blood Pressure went down.
While controlling E2 my BP was 135/85 Pulse = 76
Now NOT controlling E2 my BP is 112/74 Pulse = 71

DragonBits

I went with Dr. Nichols after Dr. Shippen retired, he talked me into letting my E2 be higher, and guess what as my E2 went up my Blood Pressure went down.

But how high is your E2?

If my E2 is higher than ~50 I gain water weight and my blood pressure will go up.

But I have spent over 10 years with total T of 350 and E2 <5, so I believe I have become more sensitive to whatever Estradiol I have available.

And serum E2 is not always cellular E2. I could see it possible that an AI affects not just serum E2, but E2 in brain, prostate and bone tissue.

I tried an AI but it was such a small dose, 0.0625 2 times in a week, for one week only, I can't think it did all that much. I only get highish E2 for a few weeks after an injection of testosterone undecanoate, and the highest I have ever measured it was 56, at
Nashtide's 45 he was barely over normal range.

I could ignore the BP and water weight, it will go down after a month even if I do nothing.

More oddly, my higher (normal range) E2 has given me allergic reactions to various meds, the same meds my mother is allergic to, so no doubt it's a genetic predisposition and the higher E2 just made it symptomatic.

Nashtide

I’m glad to hear someone else had a similar experience. My bp is running so low that I will get very mildly lightheaded if I get up too quickly. That’s a totally new experience.

Indy57

I had the exact same thing happen to me! I was on Arimidex with an E2 of 9( yes 9 ) and my BP was sky high 156/110. I dropped the arimidex to let my Estrogen level build and noticed that my blood pressure went down substantially. I am now in the 120-30/70-80 range. I have another blood draw coming up in August but will be curious to see what my E2 is now.

Nashtide

I had the exact same thing happen to me! I was on Arimidex with an E2 of 9( yes 9 ) and my BP was sky high 156/110. I dropped the arimidex to let my Estrogen level build and noticed that my blood pressure went down substantially. I am now in the 120-30/70-80 range. I have another blood draw coming up in August but will be curious to see what my E2 is now.
Let us know the results

Indy57

Update- latest blood draw on daily shots ( 210/week) has my total T at 1300, SHBG at 31 and E2 at 51. No ai for 7 weeks my blood pressure has been great now at 125/75 ( taken before my blood draw ) Dropping the ai has improved my blood pressure tremendously!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me