Donating Blood to control Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
My hematocrit and hemoglobin run towards the upper range so just to keep them in check I donate blood to the Red Cross every time I’m eligible.

My question is whether I should do the ‘normal’ whole blood or go for the Power Red? Thinking out loud here, with whole blood I go more often so maybe it keeps my levels more steady and they take everything. With the Power Red I do not have to go as often which is nice but they only take red blood cells and replace a bunch of the rest.

Taking convience out of it, which one will do me the most good when controlling hematocrit and ‘sticky blood’

Nick

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
My hematocrit and hemoglobin run towards the upper range so just to keep them in check I donate blood to the Red Cross every time I'm eligible.

My question is whether I should do the ‘normal' whole blood or go for the Power Red? Thinking out loud here, with whole blood I go more often so maybe it keeps my levels more steady and they take everything. With the Power Red I do not have to go as often which is nice but they only take red blood cells and replace a bunch of the rest.

Taking convience out of it, which one will do me the most good when controlling hematocrit and ‘sticky blood'

Nick

I've been donating whole blood every 60 days for the past 14 months. I think it is a good idea to keep track of your ferritin. I never checked it until now.

Vince

Super Moderator
I think regular blood donation is best, it's not as hard on the body as double donation. Hopefully over time your body will get used to your new testosterone levels and HCT will stabilize.

1Draw

I've been donating whole blood every 60 days for the past 14 months. I think it is a good idea to keep track of your ferritin. I never checked it until now.
FeelingLost how do you feel with your ferritin at 15? Just now got my results back and I'm at 40 and have zero, zero energy and feel like napping all the time and no libido. I donated in Nov and again in Jan to keep my hematocrit in line and it is really a pain to go thru this every 8 weeks. Thinking about going to daily or EOD to hopefully keep my HCT down to where I won't have to donate. Selfhacked recommends levels for men at 90 ng/ml.

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/ferritin/

FeelingLost how do you feel with your ferritin at 15? Just now got my results back and I'm at 40 and have zero, zero energy and feel like napping all the time and no libido. I donated in Nov and again in Jan to keep my hematocrit in line and it is really a pain to go thru this every 8 weeks. Thinking about going to daily or EOD to hopefully keep my HCT down to where I won't have to donate. Selfhacked recommends levels for men at 90 ng/ml.

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/ferritin/

I can't say I feel any different and I have no clue what I started with before blood donations.
Neither my PCP or TRT doc has ever checked my ferritin. I had to ask for it. Pretty sad when your doc's know you give blood regularly to control HCT.

I have a consult this monday we will see what they say. I hope they can give me something other than advice to take an iron pill.

Gman86

I’ve been wondering the exact same the past couple weeks. My HCT came back at 51 recently. My main concern is lowering ferritin too much, as well. I’m leaning towards whole blood instead of double red purely because I would rather get whole blood done, check ferritin, if not too low, do a whole blood again in 8 weeks. Versus getting a double red and then finding out it dropped ferritin too low. Heard double red will drop ferritin 2x more than a whole blood will. Which obviously makes sense since you’re donating double the red blood cells.

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured since they make you wait twice as long before you can donate Power Red compared to whole blood than it would give you time to 'recover' but then again I do not like the up and down, I'd rather stay steady. Since going to EOD t injections i have not had spikes in hematocrit but it does creep up a bit so I donate to keep it in line (and for a good cause). I think I'll stick with the whole blood, thanks

Saul

I can't say I feel any different and I have no clue what I started with before blood donations.
Neither my PCP or TRT doc has ever checked my ferritin. I had to ask for it. Pretty sad when your doc's know you give blood regularly to control HCT.

I have a consult this monday we will see what they say. I hope they can give me something other than advice to take an iron pill.

Let us know what they say about your ferritin. Seems pretty low at 15.

Gman86

My HCT was steady at 48 for a while on TRT. It has recently increased to 51. I'm also on EOD injections. I'm hoping one or two whole blood donations will lower it enough to where it stays steady in the mid 40's. Then donate again in the future if needed. But due to the dangers of lowering ferritin too much, I'm hoping to not have to make these blood donations a regular thing. My ferritin has gone as low as 20 in the past due to just getting lab work done too frequently, so I would imagine donating blood too frequently would for sure tank it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me