Does low dose T gel/cream work? Effect on HPTA?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Quantium

Hi!

An endocrinologist was of the opinion that my 8.4nmol testosterone was completely normal (even after complaining of a whole lot of symptoms I got), and said I was not in need of TRT. Then he went on to say that if I were to go on TRT, I should use a low dose, so as to not shut down my HPTA.

1: What would a very low dose of testosterone gel/cream (in specific Tostran 2%, 2-3 pumps (20-30g test)) actually accomplish?

2: Is testosterone SUPPLEMENTATION truly possible? Or will working with exogenous T always be a SUBSTITUTION therapy?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

There was a recent study that looked into this. They claim to have gotten some decent results but YMMV.

The efficacy and safety of short-acting testosterone ointment (Glowmin) for late-onset hypogonadism in accordance with testosterone circadian rhythm.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
It is well known that there is a reduction of circadian rhythm in blood testosterone levels with aging. Our previous report revealed that 3 mg of short-acting testosterone ointment (Glowmin: GL) elevated serum testosterone levels to within the physiological range for 4-6 h. The aim of this study was to clarify the clinical efficacy and safety of GL used topically once every morning, to enhance the circadian rhythm of testosterone, for late-onset hypogonadism (LOH).

METHODS:
A total of 61 LOH patients received 3 mg of GL topically once a day in the morning on scrotal skin for 24 weeks. The clinical efficacy of GL was evaluated by the aging males symptoms (AMS) scale, and blood sampling tests were measured before and after GL treatment.

RESULTS:
Mean patients age was 55.3 ± 9.2 years old. Total AMS scores at 4, 12, and 24 weeks after GL treatments significantly decreased. The results of sub-analysis of AMS, including psychological, physical, and sexual factors also significantly improved after GL treatments. No severe adverse reactions or abnormal laboratory data were reported.

CONCLUSIONS:
This study shows that TRT for LOH with once daily GL treatment supports testosterone circadian rhythm and should be considered to be an effective and safe therapy for LOH.

CoastWatcher

There was a recent study that looked into this. They claim to have gotten some decent results but YMMV.

The efficacy and safety of short-acting testosterone ointment (Glowmin) for late-onset hypogonadism in accordance with testosterone circadian rhythm.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
It is well known that there is a reduction of circadian rhythm in blood testosterone levels with aging. Our previous report revealed that 3 mg of short-acting testosterone ointment (Glowmin: GL) elevated serum testosterone levels to within the physiological range for 4-6 h. The aim of this study was to clarify the clinical efficacy and safety of GL used topically once every morning, to enhance the circadian rhythm of testosterone, for late-onset hypogonadism (LOH).

METHODS:
A total of 61 LOH patients received 3 mg of GL topically once a day in the morning on scrotal skin for 24 weeks. The clinical efficacy of GL was evaluated by the aging males symptoms (AMS) scale, and blood sampling tests were measured before and after GL treatment.

RESULTS:
Mean patients age was 55.3 ± 9.2 years old. Total AMS scores at 4, 12, and 24 weeks after GL treatments significantly decreased. The results of sub-analysis of AMS, including psychological, physical, and sexual factors also significantly improved after GL treatments. No severe adverse reactions or abnormal laboratory data were reported.

CONCLUSIONS:
This study shows that TRT for LOH with once daily GL treatment supports testosterone circadian rhythm and should be considered to be an effective and safe therapy for LOH.
Or...as we all know...it can result in axis shutdown. I really am wary of anyone who can consistently claim the line between supplementation and shutdown can be confidently navigated.

CoastWatcher

Hi!

An endocrinologist was of the opinion that my 8.4nmol testosterone was completely normal (even after complaining of a whole lot of symptoms I got), and said I was not in need of TRT. Then he went on to say that if I were to go on TRT, I should use a low dose, so as to not shut down my HPTA.

1: What would a very low dose of testosterone gel/cream (in specific Tostran 2%, 2-3 pumps (20-30g test)) actually accomplish?

2: Is testosterone SUPPLEMENTATION truly possible? Or will working with exogenous T always be a SUBSTITUTION therapy?

Thanks
Your total testosterone value, 8.4 nmol, is hardly "completely normal." In range? Presumably, so. But a far distance from satisfactory (to say nothing of optimal).

Quantium

Thanks for the answers!

The study mentioned is interesting, and fairly convincing to be honest..

Anecdotally it seems most people agree it does cause HPTA shutdown with any dose of exo T, but I have yet to see convincing evidence as to why it would shut down, given a low dose!

Please keep the comments coming!

Most of all though, I would like an explanation as to WHY this shutdown happens!?
Our hypothalamus reacts to estrogen.. Why would it care if the circulating testosterone is exogenous or endogenous? I don't understand the logic behind this.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me