Does Long Term TRT Use Lower Lymphocyte Counts?

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkyWarn

As of the last year my lymphocyte count has been trending lower. 11.5 complete count with 12-20 being normal.
After doing some research online I am finding that studies suggest that long term TRT often leads to lower lymphocyte counts. My doctor confirmed this...... I have been on TRT 10 years
I am curious if others have experienced the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

SkyWarn

It's not true. Otherwise, people with HIV and immune suppression would not be able to use TRT. I have been on TRT for 34 years and I have been HIV+ for 38 years. Here I am with more lymphocytes than I had before TRT.

No evidence for the immunocompetence handicap hypothesis in male humans

If you had high lymphocytes due to infections, TRT may actually decrease them to more normal levels as inflammation is decreased.

The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Testosterone

Interesting. My counts have slightly decreased over the past year. I am not sure why and neither are doctors. I also read that a zinc deficiency is a possible cause. I asked my doctor to test for this and he refused.

SkyWarn

What some of those studies seem to suggest is that women have higher counts and better immune responses due to less testosterone.

madman

Super Moderator
@SkyWarn.....as Nelson stated....."If you had high lymphocytes due to infections, TRT may actually decrease them to more normal levels as inflammation is decreased"

The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Testosterone

Do Androgens Modulate the Pathophysiological Pathways of Inflammation? Appraising the Contemporary Evidence
Screenshot (955).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (955).png
    Screenshot (955).png
    222.1 KB · Views: 84
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones