does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Build up slowly, I started with 225mcg potassium Iodide for about a month, then doubled it and again doubled it till 1000mcg, I would double the dose every month, then I switched to Lugols 2% every other day for a week I think, then one drop every day, and with that I had major detox symptoms for about 10 days. If you start from Lugols without having taken any Iodine before, I would maybe start with 3 drops per week only, not sure I'm not really an expert on this.

Great idea. I plan on starting extremely low. Maybe even 1-2 drops per week

After the 10 days did u feel better than before starting iodine?

What are the benefits u’ve noticed from taking iodine?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

Great idea. I plan on starting extremely low. Maybe even 1-2 drops per week

After the 10 days did u feel better than before starting iodine?

What are the benefits u’ve noticed from taking iodine?

the first 10 days when I was experiencing the detox, I felt better mood, skin improvements. libido through the roof, erections super strong and I think more sex drive, like my TRT was working much better, after the 10 days all improvements regressed, although as now, I still notice more energy and better muscle contraction on resistance training

Gman86

the first 10 days when I was experiencing the detox, I felt better mood, skin improvements. libido through the roof, erections super strong and I think more sex drive, like my TRT was working much better, after the 10 days all improvements regressed, although as now, I still notice more energy and better muscle contraction on resistance training

Sounds like ur detox period was amazing! Lol. What were the detox symptoms u experienced?

Are u interested in trying to feel like u did during those 10 days, or are u content with where ur at now, and are just gonna stay on ur current iodine dose?

Gianluca

Sounds like ur detox period was amazing! Lol. What were the detox symptoms u experienced?

Are u interested in trying to feel like u did during those 10 days, or are u content with where ur at now, and are just gonna stay on ur current iodine dose?

oh I forgot to mention I was feeling quiet emotionally unstable as well. I'm going to stay at this dose for now, even because I'm resuming half grain of NP Thyroid, and based on the previous replies I prefer to check levels before increase dose, but the effect of Iodine, or perhaps the detoxification of some chemicals, to possibly my androgen receptors was quiet noticeable, and I would totally like to have my androgen recept to work better.

My detox symptoms were, increased sweating, diarrhea, strong body odor, and overall unstable, I had a burst in energy as well. I was probably filled with metals, bromine and other

Gman86

oh I forgot to mention I was feeling quiet emotionally unstable as well. I'm going to stay at this dose for now, even because I'm resuming half grain of NP Thyroid, and based on the previous replies I prefer to check levels before increase dose, but the effect of Iodine, or perhaps the detoxification of some chemicals, to possibly my androgen receptors was quiet noticeable, and I would totally like to have my androgen recept to work better.

My detox symptoms were, increased sweating, diarrhea, strong body odor, and overall unstable, I had a burst in energy as well. I was probably filled with metals, bromine and other

Awesome, thanks so much for the replies. I ordered some 2% lugols that should be here in a few days, but am going to wait to start it. I have a consult coming up with Defy soon, and need to get a big set of labs at the beginning of setember, including thyroid labs. So am going to get all those labs done first, then start the lugols right afterwards. Then eventually, if I stick to taking it, I will probably end up getting another thyroid panel done to see if the iodine supplementation effected my levels at all. Will be taking my morning temp starting today tho, and am going to see if lugols helps get it up. I tested my morning temps for a while at one point, and I could never get them past low 97’s. Usually in the 96’s. So interested to see where they are now, and interested to see if lugol’s helps raise them.

Gianluca

Awesome, thanks so much for the replies. I ordered some 2% lugols that should be here in a few days, but am going to wait to start it. I have a consult coming up with Defy soon, and need to get a big set of labs at the beginning of setember, including thyroid labs. So am going to get all those labs done first, then start the lugols right afterwards. Then eventually, if I stick to taking it, I will probably end up getting another thyroid panel done to see if the iodine supplementation effected my levels at all. Will be taking my morning temp starting today tho, and am going to see if lugols helps get it up. I tested my morning temps for a while at one point, and I could never get them past low 97’s. Usually in the 96’s. So interested to see where they are now, and interested to see if lugol’s helps raise them.

in my case 500mcg of Iodine or 2.5mg had just an effect on TSH, I believe Iodine can help raise TSH up so that Thyroid may kick out more Thyroid hormone, but despite the increase on TSH, my FT3 never increased, so that is the maximum my Thyroid at the age of 34 can produce the hormone, I assume, that's why I restarted a small NP Thyroid

Gman86

in my case 500mcg of Iodine or 2.5mg had just an effect on TSH, I believe Iodine can help raise TSH up so that Thyroid may kick out more Thyroid hormone, but despite the increase on TSH, my FT3 never increased, so that is the maximum my Thyroid at the age of 34 can produce the hormone, I assume, that's why I restarted a small NP Thyroid

Are u hoping a small amount of NDT will just add to ur endogenous production? Is there any type of feedback loop with the thyroid, from ur understanding? Is there a chance that small dose can slightly suppress ur endogenous thyroid production?

TucsonJJ

Not to be critical, but are you doing all this under the supervision of a Doctor... preferable an Endocrinologist? hard to fine a competent one, in my experience... but still...

Joe Sixpack

Not to be critical, but are you doing all this under the supervision of a Doctor... preferable an Endocrinologist? hard to fine a competent one, in my experience... but still...
I doubt that an endo will be helpful. Most endo's have a ridiculous thyroid protocol. They check your TSH. If it's > 4 they prescribe levothyroxine. They will likely Any added iodine is foolish if not dangerous if you eat iodized salt. Endo's say that Armor thyroid has horrible quality control and thus won't touch it. Further, there is no need to test your FT3 or FT4. THese are not useful measures in their opinion. Endo's are similarly clueless about TRT. But that's another story for another day.

Gianluca

I doubt that an endo will be helpful. Most endo's have a ridiculous thyroid protocol. They check your TSH. If it's > 4 they prescribe levothyroxine. They will likely Any added iodine is foolish if not dangerous if you eat iodized salt. Endo's say that Armor thyroid has horrible quality control and thus won't touch it. Further, there is no need to test your FT3 or FT4. THese are not useful measures in their opinion. Endo's are similarly clueless about TRT. But that's another story for another day.

exactly

Last edited:

Gianluca

Are u hoping a small amount of NDT will just add to ur endogenous production? Is there any type of feedback loop with the thyroid, from ur understanding? Is there a chance that small dose can slightly suppress ur endogenous thyroid production?

Dr Saya mentioned that half grain of NP Thyroid or Armour should not suppress endogenous production, and most likely will just supplement what I'm making my own, which is great. He said that suppression may start at one grain or even more, I guess here as well it may depends on the individual. I personally believe the half grain, coupled with the Iodine it is all I need. to my understanding Iodine and NDT they works better together, someone mentioned this in a earlier reply.

To add to it, now that I understand how Iodine works, and how it may raise TSH, it could potentially keep the thyroid gland kicking out hormone, therefore possibly avoiding any suppression of endogenous Thyroid production when on a small dose NDT. Think about the many anecdotal evidences of people optimizing their diet and Iodine intake, and having to cut back on Thyroid med, because they were now experiencing hyperthyroidism. I was on a grain for over a year, switched my diet to more red meat, organs meat, eliminated grains, added a bit of Iodine and I felt the need to cut back on my NDT.

Even Dr David Brownstein in his clinical experience with patients, he mentions how Iodine just helps the NDT thyroid to work better, and often the need to cut back on the dose

Gianluca

yes NDT is prescribed by a doctor, Don't waste your time with an Endo, life is too short, Dr Saya at Defy is a good Doc, or there are many Docs out there that knows what to do with hormones. Remember, the Doc you pay cash can help with your health, the doc you pay with health insurance can help big pharma

JohnTaylorHK

It is also my experience that there was an initial big improvement in feeling of well-being and improvement in sleeping patterns. I have tried different doses of Lugols 2% from 1 drop to 40 drops per day without further improvement. I now take 5 drops per day. Can't get my levels checked due to the current lockdown, but I expect to get them done again within the month.

Gman86

It is also my experience that there was an initial big improvement in feeling of well-being and improvement in sleeping patterns. I have tried different doses of Lugols 2% from 1 drop to 40 drops per day without further improvement. I now take 5 drops per day. Can't get my levels checked due to the current lockdown, but I expect to get them done again within the month.

After the initially boost, do u currently feel any better than before supplementing with iodine, or u feel the same as before u started supplementing?

JohnTaylorHK

Sleeping is definitely better still, I found it difficult before to get more than 7 hours a night. I guess I should stop taking it altogether to see if my sleeping gets worse, but I haven't worked up to that yet.

Gman86

Sleeping is definitely better still, I found it difficult before to get more than 7 hours a night. I guess I should stop taking it altogether to see if my sleeping gets worse, but I haven't worked up to that yet.

Ya maybe to experiment, but if it ain’t broke don’t see any reason to mess with things. Do u take all 5 drops in the morning at once in liquid, or do u space them out throughout the day?

And no additional benefits after 5 drops, from what u noticed?

Gianluca

I suspect the initial well being is because the detoxification of some chemicals

JohnTaylorHK

Ya maybe to experiment, but if it ain’t broke don’t see any reason to mess with things. Do u take all 5 drops in the morning at once in liquid, or do u space them out throughout the day?

And no additional benefits after 5 drops, from what u noticed?
I would agree. If it ain't broke, don't fiddle with it. However, my thyroid panel gave me cause for concern. I am taking 5 drops in the morning in a glass of water.

I suspected, since iodine affects many metabolic pathways, that it might be the root of other things, notably hyperlipidemia (despite low sat fat intake), tinnitus, and others. I would agree with BG that the initial wellbeing may have been due to initial detoxification of other halides, may even have been placebo, but it definitely is still having a positive effect on my sleep patterns. I sleep easier and longer. I reduced to 5 drops, Gman86, as an attempt to maintain higher iodine intake. Again, just another n=1 experiment. Namaste.

Gman86

I would agree. If it ain't broke, don't fiddle with it. However, my thyroid panel gave me cause for concern. I am taking 5 drops in the morning in a glass of water.

I suspected, since iodine affects many metabolic pathways, that it might be the root of other things, notably hyperlipidemia (despite low sat fat intake), tinnitus, and others. I would agree with BG that the initial wellbeing may have been due to initial detoxification of other halides, may even have been placebo, but it definitely is still having a positive effect on my sleep patterns. I sleep easier and longer. I reduced to 5 drops, Gman86, as an attempt to maintain higher iodine intake. Again, just another n=1 experiment. Namaste.

Just spent a little over $400 on labs last night. Gonna get a full work up to see where things are at, including a full thyroid panel. Gonna have them all drawn on Friday, and then will immediately start the Lugols. Gonna start slow tho. Probably one drop in my water EOD. It’s the 2%. Will be monitoring morning temps and morning pulse to see how lugols effects them

What about ur thyroid panel concerned u?

Hyperlipidemia has nothing to do with ur saturated fat intake, from my understanding. It has to do with insulin resistance, high sugar intake, and inflammation. Are u basing ur hyperlipidemia off of ur triglyceride level? If so, people on carnivore eating all meat, eggs and saturated fat have some of the lowest triglyceride levels, aka lipids in the blood. The goal with lipids on carnivore is to go for what they call the “trifecta”. Which is high HDL, high LDL, and low triglycerides. As long as insulin resistance isn’t present, that’s what u want to see in ur bloodwork, if u want to remain as healthy as possible.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me