Do you always get sore after working out?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've been on TRT for about a year now, but have not really worked out the past 11 months because I still didn't have energy due to being on a low protocol. I've lost a few pounds here and there, but never really did any weight training until now.

I've been weight training for about 3 weeks now and hitting it pretty hard. I didn't ramp up, like I should have, so the first week was horrible (could barely even move). The second week was tolerable. But this week I haven't really felt that sore. I know I've been working out hard because I can feel the pump at the end of my workouts. My muscles feel full and pumped when I'm done. I squeeze at contraction on every rep and I feel the burn on the lighter reps. I've also trained to fatigue to the point where I almost throw up. I know that may not be a good thing, but that's how hard I feel I'm working out. I'm increasing the weight by about 2.5 to 5 lbs each week, as well (depending on the exercise).

I'm actually doing the Body Beast exercise plan, to be precise.

For example, I did arms on Monday, shoulders on Tuesday, but Wednesday I still didn't feel anything from arms so I did them again and this time I added more weight and made sure I squeezed at contraction and worked to fatigue. But I'm not feeling my shoulder recovery pain today either and I know for sure I worked them hard.

Anyhow, is that normal? Aren't I supposed to be feeling the recovery pain 24 to 48 hrs later? When I've done weight training in the past before any TRT treatment, my T levels were never this high. So, with that said, is it that I'm able to recover quicker? Or what could it be?

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Loki

I very rarely get sore anymore... Only if I miss a muscle group for a full week do I feel sore... I still get pumps and can feel it sometimes the next day but not sore... I think what you are experiencing is normal as your body adjust...

Fireproof

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) will decrease after you've been working out for a while. As you experienced - it's a killer when first starting or returning to weight lifting, but reduces over time.

It's also more pronounced when you change your training stimuli. So if you do the same exercises the same way every week - DOMS will likely go away. If you introduce a new exercise or change the volume or maybe emphasize the eccentric portion of the movement - you may feel it the next day...

But the main thing to keep in mind is that DOMS is not a sign of a good workout or muscle growth and repair. In other words - just because you don't feel sore the next day, doesn't mean you didn't have an awesome workout. So in this case - "no pain, no gain" doesn't hold true.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I've trained for many years now and with the exception of legs on occasion I rarely get sore any more.

But you're starting out way to hard and too fast and injury is sitting at your door step.

Or, you'll burn out fast as you can't sustain this momentum of a training protocol so early in your training.

Take your time and do it right and be consistent with your work outs...in other words, don't miss a training session...ever.

If you do, make it up.

Consistency and dedication is what builds the physique...along with diet and supplementation as well.

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) will decrease after you've been working out for a while. As you experienced - it's a killer when first starting or returning to weight lifting, but reduces over time.

It's also more pronounced when you change your training stimuli. So if you do the same exercises the same way every week - DOMS will likely go away. If you introduce a new exercise or change the volume or maybe emphasize the eccentric portion of the movement - you may feel it the next day...

But the main thing to keep in mind is that DOMS is not a sign of a good workout or muscle growth and repair. In other words - just because you don't feel sore the next day, doesn't mean you didn't have an awesome workout. So in this case - "no pain, no gain" doesn't hold true.

That's definitely good to know, but then how will you know you're getting a good workout in? Just based on your pump at the end of the workout, full squeeze at contraction and making sure you're working to failure?

Also, does anyone use occlusion bands/straps or is it not recommended while on TRT? Or will that enhance blood clotting? Not sure if that's been discussed on the forum, sorry. Just thought I'd ask since this thread is already open.

I've trained for many years now and with the exception of legs on occasion I rarely get sore any more.

But you're starting out way to hard and too fast and injury is sitting at your door step.

Or, you'll burn out fast as you can't sustain this momentum of a training protocol so early in your training.

Take your time and do it right and be consistent with your work outs...in other words, don't miss a training session...ever.

If you do, make it up.

Consistency and dedication is what builds the physique...along with diet and supplementation as well.

Thanks, Gene. Right now I'm weight training 6 days a week with one day off. In between I'll get some cardio in, but I haven't focused on that too much, to be honest. Only when I can't get the energy up to weight train have I done like 10 miles on my stationary bike.

I can only work out during lunch for about 45 mins to an hour before I have to get my protein shake in, shower, and head back to work.

Just trying to make a change, but I guess hitting it too hard at the beginning could only mean trouble. Good point. Right now I'm 10 lbs down and 2 pant sizes. I'm definitely liking the results I'm seeing in such a short amount of time, but I know that only with dedication and consistency will things get better.

Thanks, again.

Fireproof

That's definitely good to know, but then how will you know you're getting a good workout in? Just based on your pump at the end of the workout, full squeeze at contraction and making sure you're working to failure?

Strive for continual, but slow, progress. Each week, are you adding a few extra reps at the same weight? Or bumping up the weight a tiny bit for the same reps?

We don't always progress consistently - sometimes we plateau for a bit and need to rest (deload) for a week or 2, but in general, overtime, you should see progression.

Tracking your weights and reps is the best way to go, versus "winging it", unless you are very experienced.

Strive for continual, but slow, progress. Each week, are you adding a few extra reps at the same weight? Or bumping up the weight a tiny bit for the same reps?

We don't always progress consistently - sometimes we plateau for a bit and need to rest (deload) for a week or 2, but in general, overtime, you should see progression.

Tracking your weights and reps is the best way to go, versus "winging it", unless you are very experienced.

I've been adding 2.5 to 5lbs each week to my routine (depending on the exercise). So far I'm able to keep up, but I think I may have to stay at this weight I'm using for bi's for the moment. I'm starting to notice a bit of swinging and realize I'm not using proper form, so I may either bump it back down or stay the same. If I notice I'm not using proper form, I'll drop it on that particular set.

As mentioned, I'm following the Body Beast routine and I really like it. I can get my workout in in less than an hour, make my recovery shake, shower, and head back to work. I'm down 2 pant sizes and 10 lbs total, so I know what I'm doing and eating is on point for now, but Body Beast has different phases after a few weeks and switches things up for me.

For my logs, I'm using a free app I found on the appstore called ironGAINS. I created my workout routine on there and keep track of it that way. It shows you your previous routine and what weight you used for those.

25 YEARS later I'm sore all the time, so muscle is sore to some degree. It's absolutely to a lesser degree and most times it's not noticeable unless I flex for instance, just to check. I have muscles that just don't get sore...bi's and delts are two that it's rare I get a soreness but then pecs and tris are always sore. I don't favor one or the other though tri's is a favorite and lesser so, delts. I try to equally destroy my body every day. (joking...kind of). A really good gauge over DOMS is the pump and the feeling at the time. I go for that painful burn and grind through it, that's usually where I can leave feeling satisfied, working that pump/burn/exhaustion.

Vince

Super Moderator
Whether you are suffering from mild aches and pains or intense muscle soreness following a bout of demanding physical activity, sore muscles can hinder your enjoyment of daily activities. Vitamin C, commonly known for its immune boosting properties, has been found to offer a range of additional benefits in recent years. With increasing research into the many roles that it plays in the human body, vitamin C may contribute to reducing and relieving sore muscles. http://www.livestrong.com/article/442120-vitamin-c-for-muscle-soreness/

Lancealot

I almost always get sore from chest work, tricep work and back work, especially from chin-ups with a good stretch at the bottom of the rep. I love heavy dumb bell incline presses for chest which will get me sore every time. Protein will help with recovery as im sure you know this.

Bama Boy

I very rarely get sore anymore... Only if I miss a muscle group for a full week do I feel sore... I still get pumps and can feel it sometimes the next day but not sore... I think what you are experiencing is normal as your body adjust...
I call it that THANK GOD moment ! LOL as for me I Did squats for the first time in years and I can hardly sit down today .

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me