Do bones get thicker on trt?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Welshlad87

Hi all,
I am 35yrs old and are thinking of starting TRT due to many symptoms i have of low T, just waiting to speak to a doctor.

One thing i'm curious about is, do your bones get thicker on TRT?
Makes sense that they wouldn't get longer as growth plates would be well and truly closed by now but do they increase in thickness due to reduced bone turnover or does it have no affect at all?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Abstract​

Background: The role of testosterone (T) replacement therapy (TRT) in subjects with late onset hypogonadism is still the object of an intense debate.
Methods: All observational studies and placebo-controlled or -uncontrolled randomized trials (RCTs) comparing the effect of TRT on different bone parameters were considered.
Results: Out of 349 articles, 36 were considered, including 3103 individuals with a mean trial duration of 66.6 weeks. TRT improves areal bone mineral density (aBMD) at the spine and femoral neck levels in observational studies, whereas placebo-controlled RTCs showed a positive effect of TRT only at lumber spine and when trials included only hypogonadal patients at baseline (total testosterone < 12 nM). The effects on aBMD were more evident in subjects with lower T levels at baseline and increased as a function of trial duration and a higher prevalence of diabetic subjects. Either T or estradiol increase at endpoint contributed to aBMD improvement. TRT was associated with a significant reduction of bone resorption markers in observational but not in controlled studies.
Conclusion: TRT is able to inhibit bone resorption and increase bone mass, particularly at the lumbar spine level and when the duration is long enough to allow the anabolic effect of T and estrogens on bone metabolism to take place.

Systemlord

I am 35yrs old and are thinking of starting TRT due to many symptoms i have of low T, just waiting to speak to a doctor.
If you do find out you have low-T, you should find out why and try to correct it before considering TRT. The younger you are, the better the chance you have at fixing it.

Lifestyle can greatly affect your hormone production. Beware not all doctors are up to date on male hormones, so make sure you speak to someone the does TRT every day all day and not just on occasions.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all,

One thing i'm curious about is, do your bones get thicker on TRT?
Makes sense that they wouldn't get longer as growth plates would be well and truly closed by now but do they increase in thickness due to reduced bone turnover or does it have no affect at all?

Thanks

Tread lightly when it comes to the use of those AIs!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me