Day of injection feel like a million bucks but.....

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tonald Drump

So as the title implies, i feel great at 80mg of test cyp the day of injection, The problem im having is i feel like utter shit the days I dont inject; zero energy/focus. Im roughly 2.5 weeks in and this whole thing is starting to drive me nuts. Is it possible that i need to inject everyday? I was taking an AI at the start and then i was hearing from many, including more plates more dates, that an AI isnt really needed. A lot of folks say you wont feel any effects till a month or so, but i swear i felt the first 100mg of cyp i injected. I know the wellbeing feeling that test gives you and i always get this feeling the day of injection. (almost like its test prop) I feel like i have 1 in 7 billion genetics that makes this harder for me to get dialed in. Is it possible that I need 500mg+ a week to feel good?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Im roughly 2.5 weeks in and this whole thing is starting to drive me nuts. Is it possible that i need to inject everyday?
There’s a price to pay for being on TRT, hormone levels are in flux during the first couple of weeks after starting TRT and or after dosing changes.

Testosterone injections doesn’t give you overnight success, because it takes time to build up in your system and doesn’t reach full affect for several months with continued improvements for years.

You may need more frequent injections to optimize treatment, but it’s too early to know for sure.
Is it possible that I need 500mg+ a week to feel good?
No.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
So as the title implies, i feel great at 80mg of test cyp the day of injection, The problem im having is i feel like utter shit the days I dont inject; zero energy/focus. Im roughly 2.5 weeks in and this whole thing is starting to drive me nuts. Is it possible that i need to inject everyday? I was taking an AI at the start and then i was hearing from many, including more plates more dates, that an AI isnt really needed. A lot of folks say you wont feel any effects till a month or so, but i swear i felt the first 100mg of cyp i injected. I know the wellbeing feeling that test gives you and i always get this feeling the day of injection. (almost like its test prop) I feel like i have 1 in 7 billion genetics that makes this harder for me to get dialed in. Is it possible that I need 500mg+ a week to feel good?

Post your pre-trt labs (TT, FT, SHBG, estradiol, CBC) and your protocol (dose of T/injection frequency).

You need to understand how this works.

My reply from a previous thread:

Keep in mind that when first starting TRT or tweaking a protocol (dose/injection frequency) hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks TC/TE) and it is common to experience ups/downs during the transition as the body is trying to adjust.

Mind you most will experience what we call the honeymoon period euphoric-like state, a strong increase in libido, spontaneous/nocturnal/morning erections due to increased dopamine/T levels rising/AR lighting up.

Unfortunately, this is short-lived and temporary as the body will adjust and eventually level out.

Keep in mind that once blood levels have stabilized it will take time for the body to adapt to the new set-point and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

The first 4-6 weeks can be very misleading when looking at the bigger picture.

Every protocol should be given 12 weeks before claiming it was a success or failure.

Always best to start low and go slow on a T-only protocol as we want to see how our body reacts to testosterone.

Lab work is done at the 6-week mark as we want to see where our trough TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG, and other important blood markers such as RBCs, hemoglobin, and hematocrit sit.

The only time the T dose should be increased at the 6-week mark is if your trough level is still too low (highly unlikely in most cases) which would result in a lack of improvement in low T symptoms.

On the other extreme many men are started on a high-dose protocol off the hop and end up struggling with sides/feeling unwell 6 weeks in because they are running too high a trough FT.

Too low or too high FT can easily have a negative impact on energy, mood, libido, and erectile function.

madman

Super Moderator

Not a f**king chance!

Hard to believe you would even ask this.

We are using therapeutic doses here.

Most men are injecting 100-200 mg/week whether once weekly or split into more frequent injections such as twice-weely (every 3.5 days), M/W/F, EOD, or even daily.

Even then most men can easily achieve a healthy let alone high trough FT level on 100-150 mg/week especially when split into more frequent injections.

There may be some who need the higher-end dose but it is far from common!

Tonald Drump

Post your pre-trt labs (TT, FT, SHBG, estradiol, CBC) and your protocol (dose of T/injection frequency).

You need to understand how this works.

Keep in mind that when first starting TRT or tweaking a protocol (dose/injection frequency) hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks TC/TE) and it is common to experience ups/downs during the transition as the body is trying to adjust.

Mind you most will experience what we call the honeymoon period euphoric-like state, a strong increase in libido, spontaneous/nocturnal/morning erections due to increased dopamine/T levels rising/AR lighting up.

Unfortunately, this is short-lived and temporary as the body will adjust and eventually level out.

Keep in mind that once blood levels have stabilized it will take time for the body to adapt to the new set-point and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

The first 4-6 weeks can be very misleading when looking at the bigger picture.

Every protocol should be given 12 weeks before claiming it was a success or failure.

Always best to start low and go slow on a T-only protocol as we want to see how our body reacts to testosterone.

Lab work is done at the 6-week mark as we want to see where our trough TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG, and other important blood markers such as RBCs, hemoglobin, and hematocrit sit.

The only time the T dose should be increased at the 6-week mark is if your trough level is still too low (highly unlikely in most cases) which would result in a lack of improvement in low T symptoms.

On the other extreme many men are started on a high-dose protocol off the hop and end up struggling with sides/feeling unwell 6 weeks in because they are running too high a trough FT.

Too low or too high FT can easily have a negative impact on energy, mood, libido, and erectile function.
So that feeling like a million bucks is fleeting eh? That sucks. I love that feeling. I guess im trying to capture that feeling and not understanding the long run.

Tonald Drump

Not a f**king chance!

Hard to believe you would even ask this.

We are using therapeutic doses here.

Most men are injecting 100-200 mg/week whether once weekly or split into more frequent injections such as twice-weely (every 3.5 days), M/W/F, EOD, or even daily.

Even then most men can easily achieve a healthy let alone high trough FT level on 100-150 mg/week especially when split into more frequent injections.

There may be some who need the higher-end dose but it is far from common!
You say "Hard to believe you would even ask this" then go on to say "There may be some who need the higher-end dose but it is far from common!" Ive heard of folks in the 350 to 450 range. So i dont know why youre insinuating that i shouldnt even be asking this. Far from an inappropriate question.

Tonald Drump

There’s a price to pay for being on TRT, hormone levels are in flux during the first couple of weeks after starting TRT and or after dosing changes.

Testosterone injections doesn’t give you overnight success, because it takes time to build up in your system and doesn’t reach full affect for several months with continued improvements for years.

You may need more frequent injections to optimize treatment, but it’s too early to know for sure.

No.

madman

Super Moderator
You say "Hard to believe you would even ask this" then go on to say "There may be some who need the higher-end dose but it is far from common!" Ive heard of folks in the 350 to 450 range. So i dont know why youre insinuating that i shouldnt even be asking this. Far from an inappropriate question.

You're hanging out on the wrong forums.

Higher-end dose as in 200 mg/week!

Even extremely rare anyone would need more.

Never heard of anyone needing an absurd dose of 350-450 mg/week to achieve a healthy let alone high trough FT.

Underdosed UGL gear sure!

madman

Super Moderator
@Tonald Drump

Nothing to chew on here other than your TT 322 ng/dL is on the low end and your albumin is on the higher end at 4.8 g/dL.

Your FT level would be shitty!

As I stated previously you are missing important blood markers such as FT, SHBG, LH/FSH.

Top it off that there is a huge red flag here as we have no idea what time your bloodwork was done and you never tested in a fasted state.

Screenshot (22485).png

madman

Super Moderator
@Tonald Drump

Not only did I stress to always have your blood work done using the most accurate assays TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration) but to also make sure to stick with the same lab/same assay (most accurate) and it is critical that you have your blood work done in the early AM (7-10) in a fasted state.

Also if you are into training with weights then take a week off from the gym to make sure you are well-rested.

Fasting before testing TT/FT/BAT is critical as glucose or a meal can lower T temporarily and this would skew your blood test results.

Let alone the same can be said for working out as a poor diet/over-training can also drive down endogenous T levels.

Lack of quality sleep can drive down T.

Natural endogenous testosterone secretion is pulsatile and diurnal (24 hr circadian rhythm).

Testing should be done in a fasted state between 7-10 am as we want to test at peak.

Blood work should never be done in the late afternoon/early evening when levels will be lower as the nadir (lowest point) would be around 6-8 pm.

Fluctuations from peak--->trough would be around 20-25%.
Screenshot (22495).png

Screenshot (22490).png

Screenshot (22491).png

Screenshot (22492).png

Screenshot (22493).png

Screenshot (22494).png

Tonald Drump

@Tonald Drump

Nothing to chew on here other than your TT 322 ng/dL is on the low end and your albumin is on the higher end at 4.8 g/dL.

Your FT level would be shitty!

As I stated previously you are missing important blood markers such as FT, SHBG, LH/FSH.

Top it off that there is a huge red flag here as we have no idea what time your bloodwork was done and you never tested in a fasted state.

View attachment 30818
All I know is I feel great the day of injection. I mean I feel like I want to feel. My mind is sharp, i feel more social, better energy, i get things done/motivated. Then i sleep good, but i wake up drenched in sweat and i feel shitty and all other days following the injection i feel shitty

Tonald Drump

@Tonald Drump

Not only did I stress to always have your blood work done using the most accurate assays TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration) but to also make sure to stick with the same lab/same assay (most accurate) and it is critical that you have your blood work done in the early AM (7-10) in a fasted state.

Also if you are into training with weights then take a week off from the gym to make sure you are well-rested.

Fasting before testing TT/FT/BAT is critical as glucose or a meal can lower T temporarily and this would skew your blood test results.

Let alone the same can be said for working out as a poor diet/over-training can also drive down endogenous T levels.

Lack of quality sleep can drive down T.

Natural endogenous testosterone secretion is pulsatile and diurnal (24 hr circadian rhythm).

Testing should be done in a fasted state between 7-10 am as we want to test at peak.

Blood work should never be done in the late afternoon/early evening when levels will be lower as the nadir (lowest point) would be around 6-8 pm.

Fluctuations from peak--->trough would be around 20-25%.
View attachment 30827
View attachment 30822
View attachment 30823
View attachment 30824
View attachment 30825
View attachment 30826
Good stuff

madman

Super Moderator
All I know is I feel great the day of injection. I mean I feel like I want to feel. My mind is sharp, i feel more social, better energy, i get things done/motivated. Then i sleep good, but i wake up drenched in sweat and i feel shitty and all other days following the injection i feel shitty

You are only 2.5 weeks in which means nothing as your hormones will be in FLUX!

Again what is your protocol (dose of T/injection frequency)?

I am going to say you were most likely started on an absurd dose of T seeing as you mentioned, I was taking an AI at the start.

rimster

ok ill check them out. Seems like docs are a waste of time and money. Except for prescription traveling issues. Thanks I appreciate it
I'm a newbie here compared to everyone here but I'll share my experience. Started injections in January (after being on cream for two months) at 200 mg per week divided in to three days ( not sure why defy started me at such a high dose). I felt the same way as you. The day of injection was great and the day after i would get low t symptoms feeling horrible . I tried doing every other day but that wasn't helping either. I figured daily must be right for me as I'm probably a fast metabolizer. So then i split 200 mg into 7 days and since then i feel great.( I prefill the syringes one week in advance and take one every morning when waking. That saves allot of time). But after reading in this forum that 200 is considered high i started lowering my dose gradually and slowly. I'm now down to 84 mg a week ( i couldn't believe that i can get so low and feel great ) . I'm still testing slowly if i can go lower. I do one week of the lower dose and if i feel fine the next week i try a little lower. So my advice to you drump: if you do go daily don't go my mistake of starting high. Start with 50 mg a week and if not good enough go up slowly.
On a side note: Nelson Vergel - if you're reading this i would like to thank you for changing my life for the better. You're book and forum healed me from the awful symptoms i was experiencing at the age of 38. I felt like an old man with no energy to do anything,No motivation, couldn't concrete etc with all the classic symptoms. When i first tested i had a total t of 150. Ever since trt I'm back to my normal self and i could be there for my family. Thank you.
To all the contributors to this forum. You also taught me so much. God bless you all for your self dedication to helping others. If anyone has good tips on daily injections please share.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me