Could massage gun speed up absorption of T injection?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Willyt

A couple of months ago, I purchased a massage gun to loosen my chronically tight calves for running. It worked very well for this purpose. I was surprised how at how powerful and deep the massage gun penetrates.

My monkey brain got to thinking, why not use it on my subq TRT injection sites (ab area) in attempt to speed up absorption? The bro science theory is that the massage gun percussion could break up any T oil depot that has formed, thereby speeding up absorption into the blood stream.

Ok maybe I've lost it, but two months of doing this, I am convinced its working. I typically wait an hour so after injection before I apply the massage gun just to let things settle.

The counterargument is that my daily TRT injections are very small amounts of prop/enan blend (about 4-5 units in insulin syringe) so its doubtful that a substantial oil depot has formed. Also, the placebo effect runs very strong in me so who the hell knows.

Do you think there is any merit to the massage gun facilitating absorption of injectables?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

I am with you...

Won't change the AUC but will enhance k(abs) - apparent absorption rate constant - especially for large depots and sites with poor lymphatic transport (e.g., deltoid IIRC).

Time stamp Aug 2.
Two months ago you started...?

I was first.

Surface area to volume ratio for the bolus should be significantly increased with the massage gun plus local lymphatic transport enhancement. Apparent absorption rate constant will increase significantly if either of above two processes are limiting resistance (in the resistances in series type mechanism).

I am pretty confident she looks better doing this than you though LOL.

tumblr_n90ywpApXB1qzxeqqo2_r1_500.gif

That will be $20:
1671126316616.png

Great work and great thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

Damn it that was the video I was looking for!

Now we're talking. I cannot compete with the tnation bro science lingo!
Bioscience...? I don't know any of that Brother. Only know the real deal homie. Legit.

However I will concede your general characterization of the site. Hence I won't be posting over there anymore.

Willyt

Won't change the AUC but will enhance k(abs) - apparent absorption rate constant - especially for large depots and sites with poor lymphatic transport (e.g., deltoid IIRC).
Seriously though, what are you saying here? I need caveman translation.

T

tareload

Seriously though, what are you saying here? I need caveman translation.
Answer is Yes to your question (last sentence) in first post of thread. Depending on injection site could really speed up absorption rate.

Willyt

Answer is Yes to your question (last sentence) in first post of thread. Depending on injection site could really speed up absorption rate.
So more effective on shallow IM sites like delts with "poor lymphatic support" than Subq?
Noted that it could have more impact on large depot, which brings me to another point. I suppose 1x weekly guys would not want to accelerate absorption. Whereas daily injectors like me would generally prefer quicker absorption to create daily fluctuation with peak in morning after injection and trough at night for better sleep.

Glad you eventually defected from tnation as you've been a most excellent addition here!

T

tareload

So more effective on shallow IM sites like delts with "poor lymphatic support" than Subq?
Noted that it could have more impact on large depot, which brings me to another point. I suppose 1x weekly guys would not want to accelerate absorption. Whereas daily injectors like me would generally prefer quicker absorption to create daily fluctuation with peak in morning after injection and trough at night for better sleep.

Glad you eventually defected from tnation as you've been a most excellent addition here!
That would be my educated guess. Yes. I know of no rigorous data to support but the physics would support your technique.

Definitely would not make absorption worse and correct on the larger boluses.

I have been here about the same length as TNation but posted one place and then linked. But it got too much (deleted posts, etc) so I will post only here. Mods here are very generous and Solid.

T

tareload

Which reminds me...some guys get "bumps" after injection (especially SQ) and are afraid to touch it. I say apply pressure after injection and rub the site vigorously for a few seconds at the least (for a number of reasons). Can't hurt, you aren't making a Soufflé.

Willyt

Which reminds me...some guys get "bumps" after injection (especially SQ) and are afraid to touch it. I say apply pressure after injection and rub the site vigorously for a few seconds at the least (for a number of reasons). Can't hurt, you aren't making a Soufflé.
Ironically, I am more the souffle type immediately after injection after reading some debate about whether you can cause leakage when messing with it so soon.

After couple hundred subq injections, I have come to conclusion that the only times I get bumps are when I inject into the pinched area which is under pressure from thumb and fingers. I inject near blue x in photo below. I also have moved away from love handles and more towards leaner upper ab area.

Attachments

• subq-injection.jpg
    subq-injection.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 26
T

tareload

Ironically, I am more the souffle type immediately after injection after reading some debate about whether you can cause leakage when messing with it so soon.

After couple hundred subq injections, I have come to conclusion that the only times I get bumps are when I inject into the pinched area which is under pressure from thumb and fingers. I inject near blue x in photo below. I also have moved away from love handles and more towards leaner upper ab area.
My bumps come from what I surmise are hematoma from shallow IM injections hitting blood vessel. Blood leaks out into the SQ layer.

Injected 1000s of times never seen a "leak" except minor blood. Pressure for 10s and solved.

Current protocol:

test ester DG site 29 g 0.5 inch pin
HCG top of thigh 30 0.5 inch pin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel